What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt

Hutty1986

Immortal
At least a turnstile will slow someone down. Jamie Soward got a blue Jersey and he can't even manage that. Most people don't even break stride when running through Soward.

lol, haven't watched any Dragons games for about three years I take it? Soward's defence has improved big time.. and even if it was still 2009-esque, he'd still be a better defender that Nathan 'the myth Merritt. Good on him for scoring lots of tries. He'll still never play Origin, unless there's about half a dozen backline injuries.

Fire

First Grade
Merritt is f**ken shit :lol:

And if it is not Merritt leaking all these points. It must be the souffs forwards.

Maybe Merritt and the forwards are all shit merkins lol

Fire

First Grade
^ lol@souffs!

Wow that is terrible!

Does that guy even have a brain?!

BennyV

Referee
LOL there is no way Merritt is getting near a blue jersey right now. A few years ago, perhaps, although he could never really defend...but there is NOTHING he does that Morris, Hayne or Gordon can't do better when they are on the wing!!!

Amadaca

Juniors
Ignoring Merritt (as they will do) is disgusting. Disgusting.

Hayne isn't within a hundred miles of him. Its not even close to being debatable which man is superior.

Amadaca

Juniors
Another interesting thing to note. Merritt is two tries away from scoring more tries than any player who has ever played the bulk of their football for the Dragons.

Yet another amazing stat.

1 Ken Irvine 212 - Norths / Manly
2 Steve Menzies 180 - Manly
3 Andrew Ettingshausen 165 - Sharks
4 Terry Lamb 164 - Dogs
5 Hazem El Masri 159 - Dogs
6 Matt Sing 159 - Roosters / Cowboys
7 Harold Horder 152 - Souths
8 Bob Fulton 147 - Manly
9 Frank Burge 146 - Glebe / Saints
10 Nathan Merritt 145 - Souths
11 Benny Wearing 144 - Souths
11 Billy Slater 144 - Storm

Every other player in the top eleven has represented their state and or country.

Id laugh if it wasn't so sad. As a NSWmen, it makes me sick seeing Hayne get picked while Merritt goes hungry.

Its pathetic.

BranVan3000

Coach
LOL there is no way Merritt is getting near a blue jersey right now. A few years ago, perhaps, although he could never really defend...but there is NOTHING he does that Morris, Hayne or Gordon can't do better when they are on the wing!!!

Except score tries

slammingsam

Juniors
Hayne is the most over rated footballer of the century. He is an average winger at best who is living off 10 good games in 2009.

Amadaca

Juniors
Hayne is the most over rated footballer of the century. He is an average winger at best who is living off 10 good games in 2009.

I'm trying to think of a more over-rated guy in the 25 years I've been watching the game, & while there may have been one, they sure aren't jumping out at me.

Anyone who rates Hayne above Merritt should be slapped.

Latest posts