What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt

Joker's Wild

Coach
I'm trying to think of a more over-rated guy in the 25 years I've been watching the game, & while there may have been one, they sure aren't jumping out at me.

Anyone who rates Hayne above Merritt should be slapped.

images

Amadaca

Juniors
We're talking about him being picked for Origin.

Did you really just infer a guy should be penalised for a lack of Origin stats when he hasn't been given a chance to play? LOL.

Grab me the stats which show Hayne has outshone Merritt any season not named 2009. Yeah...

Joker's Wild

Coach
You do that. Anyone with eyeballs and a working brain can see that Hayne is a superior footballer to Merritt

Hutty1986

Immortal
Ignoring Merritt (as they will do) is disgusting. Disgusting.

Hayne isn't within a hundred miles of him. Its not even close to being debatable which man is superior.

Really?

Who's faster? Hayne
Who's bigger? Hayne
Who's stronger? Hayne
Who sets up tries? Hayne
Who's not an absolute turnstile? Hayne
Who has far more footballing ability/talent? Hayne

BennyV

Referee
Really?

Who's faster? Hayne
Who's bigger? Hayne
Who's stronger? Hayne
Who sets up tries? Hayne
Who's not an absolute turnstile? Hayne
Who has far more footballing ability/talent? Hayne

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT...

...New South Wales...

...is racist...:oops:

Snappy

Coach
Wow this bloke who insists on starting a new thread every five minutes has shown his true colours in this one.

Thinks Merritt is better than Hayne = All credibility gone

Edit: Correction. I just started reading the 'furture of origin thread'. Proved he is a merkin there too.

Last edited:

MrAnonymous

Bench
cause the merkin scores lot of trys dosent mean he is good. he cant defend good club player not up to rep level.

90 % of the merkins try's are 5 meter strolls over the line my f**ken grandmother could score them.

Maximus

Coach
Cos Hayne doesn't do anything more weeks than not means he isnt good.

Last season Merritt scored tries in 8 out of 19 games. As he does nothing else at all, therefore that means last year Merritt did nothing more weeks than not. Therefore Merritt isn't good.

Parra Pride

Referee
Did I travel back in time to 2009, during Haynes only consistent season?

In 2010, and 2011 Hayne was ranked among the top fullbacks for average kick return metres and tackle breaks, he was also ranked up the top play makers for line break assists, he even equaled a record along the way for most line break assists in a game, he was on track to keep this up in 2012, being injured for half the season ruined that.

Please, explain to me how that isn't him being consistent.

Amadaca

Juniors
Last season Merritt scored tries in 8 out of 19 games. As he does nothing else at all, therefore that means last year Merritt did nothing more weeks than not. Therefore Merritt isn't good.

He's already established himself over Hayne THIS season so far.