What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

Bench
i will not lose any sleep if sandow leaves.

1. Hayne
6. Norman
7. Robson
9. Luke

I might have a tug tonight afterall.

Chipmunk

Coach
i will not lose any sleep if sandow leaves.

1. Hayne
6. Norman
7. Robson
9. Luke

I might have a tug tonight afterall.

Re-signed with the Sharks. When they are struggling looking for a few players for 2014/15 I doubt Robson will be one they will be releasing.

EelsFan05

Bench
Like Hindy's record as a captain speaks for itself?

Be real careful talking about a player's individual records in a team game.

Sandow has achieved nothing in the game of rugby league as an individual or as a team member. He doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Hindmarsh. But keep bagging a club legend and suggesting he was a bad leader without taking into account the cattle he was leading. But keep making excuses for an over priced poor excuse for a halfback because he plays in a bad team. Be careful that argument works both ways as well Poo.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just as Brian Smith's zero Premierships as a coach is not an issue either

After 20 years in coaching the sample size starts to become more reliable (more reliable than his 0 from 4 grand final record). Especially when you observe a pattern of his team's choking in big games.

On the other hand Hindy was only the sole captain of Parra while he was saddled with shit teammates, so his captaincy record is difficult to judge. It could have been a combination of his shit leadership, a shit coach or shit teammates, but the sample size is too small to put it all on Hindy. The fact that it's a team game means the useless teammates is more likely.

Ricky Stuart won over 60% of his first 42 games as coach, including a premiership. He did this at a strong club with quality players and a great captain.

Consequently he has only won 10 of his past 42 games (same as Kearney) as coach of the Sharks and Eels - two clubs with weak rosters and poor leadership.

It's a team game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sandow has achieved nothing in the game of rugby league as an individual or as a team member.

Dally M Rookie of the Year as a teenager, and has received praise from plenty of people in the game, including Wayne Bennett. He has achived little from a team point of view because he had been stuck in shit teams.

He doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Hindmarsh.

He does if you want to talk about a player's individual winning record while ignoring the teams he was in. See my previous post.

But keep bagging a club legend and suggesting he was a bad leader without taking into account the cattle he was leading.

Just my point. You ignore the effect of Sandow's teammates while making a song and dance about the deadshits your hero Hindy was saddled with. And like I said to you, it goes both ways.

But keep making excuses for an over priced poor excuse for a halfback because he plays in a bad team. Be careful that argument works both ways as well Poo.

Mate, you don't tell me to be careful; I tell you to be careful. It does indeed go both ways which is why I brought Hindy's captaincy record up.

It's a team game. That goes for Sandow as much as for Nathan Hindmarsh.

EelsFan05

Bench
Dally M Rookie of the Year as a teenager, and has received praise from plenty of people in the game, including Wayne Bennett. He has achived little from a team point of view because he had been stuck in shit teams.

He does if you want to talk about a player's individual winning record while ignoring the teams he was in. See my previous post.

Just my point. You ignore the effect of Sandow's teammates while making a song and dance about the deadshits your hero Hindy was saddled with. And like I said to you, it goes both ways.

Mate, you don't tell me to be careful; I tell you to be careful. It does indeed go both ways which is why I brought Hindy's captaincy record up.

It's a team game. That goes for Sandow as much as for Nathan Hindmarsh.

Be careful not to get so agitated when you're on the back foot in an argument Poo. But keep punching out of that corner like a good old fighter always does.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i agree with everything you say pou but f**k me you dribble on and on

When I'm talking to smart people I can keep it short. With idiots I have to anticipate every way they might misunderstand the point, refuse to comprehend the inference, or just plain fail to read the words. So I have to refute every possible stupid response as I go.

And they still find new ways to f**k it up. These dopey merkins make me sad.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
When I'm talking to smart people I can keep it short. With idiots I have to anticipate every way they might misunderstand the point, refuse to comprehend the inference, or just plain fail to read the words. So I have to refute every possible stupid response as I go.

And they still find new ways to f**k it up. These dopey merkins make me sad.

I guess that's why you are always short with me :cool:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Status
Not open for further replies.