What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Development

Card Shark

Immortal
When it was approved, the first sod of soil was to be turned at season's end, which is 9th September for the ground (hopefully longer for the team).

Is it still on track? Is the new board talking with the developers yet?

Is it just me....but after so much fanfare, it has really gone quiet?

Ausguy

Coach
It's the last I heard. I presume they won't delay given they have only 6 months to make a mess before it become a problem again next season.

Then again the draw may see us take games away next year??

Card Shark

Immortal
Then again the draw may see us take games away next year??

Or many games away in a row to kick off the year. Probably makes no difference, there will be distraction for a long time during construction.

Home games played away is probably what they do as you suggest.

cb4

First Grade
Caringbah bizzos here we come

Have heard that from several sources. Think its a terrible Idea.

Or many games away in a row to kick off the year. Probably makes no difference, there will be distraction for a long time during construction.

Home games played away is probably what they do as you suggest.

I would think we would do what St George/Melbourne did and ask the NRL for our first 5+games away, and then maybe take round 6 to Blue Tongue again.

taipan

Referee
When I read first sod turned,I thought it referred to wee Georgie.I was deeply concerned.:sarcasm:
BTW its Great flood weather today,are the carparks now oceans or plain seas of tranquillity? Will kayaks be used instead of buses ,to convey fans in 2014?

Quigs

Immortal
Thats where it all began.

Speaking of where it all began. This week I finally got around to buying a frame for my A4 sized team photo of the 67 sharks. Its the one taken at the Old Sutho Oval.

My daughter got it for me as a prezzie for my birthday back in March.

The said same framed pic is now proudly hanging on my computer room wall.

It reminds me daily of where it all began. And where this tortured soul commenced his ride in life as a Sharks supporter..

Stuff

Juniors
Good point Popper. Anyone nearby know how the 'flood plain' is holding up with all this rain? Would the first three stories of Gallen Tower be underwater yet?

newman

First Grade
All on schedule for work to commence seasons end. There will be a sales office going onto endeavour car park. I believe the first job will be the clubhouse for Cronulla Caringbah.

carcharias

Immortal
Rained like this last year.
I was coach of my kids soccer team
7 weeks in a row of washed out training
I loved it.

taipan

Referee
About 1 hour ago bought take away from King Wan,bit of water around in the car park,SFA on the roads and little on the development car park.
After all the deluge we have been getting.the area is holding up extremely well.
The Gallen metro village is looking a good thing.

Tell George we don't require snorkels or flippers.

Latest posts