What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I reckon you're right (certainly with Mossop....Hock if he stays on field). This current discussion just started when I pointed out that Santi was 95kgs, and wasn't quite the body-type of backrower that we might be missing. He'll probably crush the opposition and win the Dally M and rookie of the year now.

To be honest, I think you make a good point - Brendan Santi is a little small.

But then again, he's only 19 (I think), and he will grow some more.

Or maybe he won't - who knows?

But I do agree with you that it's good to have a balance of size and agility in our pack.

TheRam

Coach
Brendan Santi's size is hardly an issue, it is his speed. That is where someone like Watmough has the edge over other backrowers. He is aggressively fast off the mark and beats the defense with it, not size. He is very small for a forward and light.

Santi, if he makes it in the NRL, is more the Ashley Harrison, Corey Parker or Alex Glenn a defensive worker and solid attacker type of player.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Brendan Santi's size is hardly an issue, it is his speed. That is where someone like Watmough has the edge over other backrowers. He is aggressively fast off the mark and beats the defense with it, not size. He is very small for a forward and light.

Santi, if he makes it in the NRL, is more the Ashley Harrison, Corey Parker or Alex Glenn a defensive worker and solid attacker type of player.

If he becomes even half the player that Corey Parker is, I think we have done well. Parker is all class IMO.

Gronk

Staff member
Matt Groat would be a nice signing. He's 6ft 3, 100kgs. At 21 he's had a taste of FG with 17 games.

He's an Australian School Boy and also played in the U20's Origin game last year.

He hasn't played much this year after f**king his foot in a ditch.

He's also from Rankin Springs, which IIRC would please one forumite who is also from that part of the world.

Gronk

Staff member
According to Hadley Wallace has been told he is unwanted in 2014. Swap for Sandow?

At least he can tackle. Wallace + Norman or Wallace + Hayne is not a bad 6/7 combo. At least we don't need to hide on the wing.

Come to think of it Robbo would be cheaper and do the same job...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't see Wallace as being much better (if at all) then Kelly - and he would cost a lot more.

Wallace struggles to pass the ball.

Last edited:
I watched the 20s origin and had no idea who any of those blokes were but one guy caught my attention. Looked him up in the big league and found it was Santi from the Tigers, he looks a real player from the limited footage that i have seen.

Works really hard, runs hard and has some decent speed. He could break through at Parra , good signing for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts