What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
For sure, and it's no problem when looking at individual players. Just from a balance perspective (in 2014) I thought we might have looked for a bigger bopper (given that Hock is only 100kg too, and our existing backrow are also average size at best). Cue all the Loko to backrow posts.....

Yeah - Hock might "only" weigh 100kgs, but he looks kind of massive on the field...

Good speed on that left edge. Can hit in D.

Greg Bird is 182cm and 102kg.

Matt Gillet is 187cm and 103kg.

Anthony Watmough is 181cm and 94kg.

Gareth Hock, at 191cm and 100kg, is hardly a small bloke. And given the way he plays, size means nothing - he's insanely angry and tough, regardless of his size.

And given that many people thought Anthony Watmough was one of NSW's best forwards in Origin III, I find this talk of Hock being "too small" very perplexing...

Gareth Hock, at 191cm and 100kg, is hardly a small bloke. And given the way he plays, size means nothing - he's insanely angry and tough, regardless of his size.

And given that many people thought Anthony Watmough was one of NSW's best forwards in Origin III, I find this talk of Hock being "too small" very perplexing...

Did you read my post? I didn't say any individual was too small. I simply said that in the interests of balance it my be an idea to have some bigger blokes in the equation as well. Who said Hock was too small?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

That surprises me that Watmough is only 94kg. I thought he would have been a hungee for sure.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
ash harrison 97
glen stewart 100
fensom 101
corey parker 102
Heighington 102
alex glenn 102
cordner 102

i'm sure hock can put on 2kg between now and 2014

Eelementary

Post Whore
Did you read my post? I didn't say any individual was too small. I simply said that in the interests of balance it my be an idea to have some bigger blokes in the equation as well. Who said Hock was too small?

I was just nipping it in the bud. It's no secret that I am a huge Hock fan, but as soon as the rumour that we were starting to sign him surfaced, people started moaning at his size (because apparently 100kg is too light).

I wasn't specifically targeting the post at you; I was merely illustrating that he is a big bloke, despite what some here have previously said.

Both he and Mossop will be great additions.

I was just nipping it in the bud. It's no secret that I am a huge Hock fan, but as soon as the rumour that we were starting to sign him surfaced, people started moaning at his size (because apparently 100kg is too light).

I wasn't specifically targeting the post at you; I was merely illustrating that he is a big bloke, despite what some here have previously said.

Both he and Mossop will be great additions.

I reckon you're right (certainly with Mossop....Hock if he stays on field). This current discussion just started when I pointed out that Santi was 95kgs, and wasn't quite the body-type of backrower that we might be missing. He'll probably crush the opposition and win the Dally M and rookie of the year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts