What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

thanks for the clarification. Kind of realised that they were using Beverly Hills park this year as their ''final / third'' home ground. Didn't realise how much of the park was under water today, but most of Sydney's parks were terrible. Norford must have had better rain-water drainage. hehehe

Game ended up being called off at norford anyway.

Windsor V Wests, Entrance V Asquith both called off. Burwood V Mounties moved to Mounites.

Belrose v Asquith in SS called off.

Cabramatta have added Blake Cavallaro (Kingsgrove) and Nathan Rumsby (Wests) to thier roster for the rest of the season.

They have lost Ahmad Elaz to Lithgow.

Western worker

Juniors
Ron Massey Cup Representative side named to face QLD Rangers - UPDATED
NSWRL Media
NSWRL
28/06/2013 1:00:00 PM
The Chairman of the New South Wales Rugby League’s Ron Massey Cup competition, Mr Geoff Gerard, is pleased to announce the following players have been selected to represent the NSWRL in the Ron Massey Cup Representative side set to play the Queensland Rangers on Friday 5th July 2013 at Lismore.

Position - Player - Team

Fullback - Don THOMPSON - Cabramatta ‘Two Blues’
Wing - Rhys PRITCHARD - The Entrance Tigers
Centre - Alan EISENHUTH - Windsor Wolves
Centre - Cecil MACKENZIE - Wentworthville Magpies
Wing - Sakio DIBECI - Blacktown Workers
Five Eight - Aaron FLUKE - Wentworthville Magpies
Half Back - Jake FITZPATRICK - The Entrance Tigers
Lock Forward - Tim BALDWIN - Mounties
Second Row - Alan MUNRO - The Entrance Tigers
Second Row - Grant LAHEY - Mounties
Prop Forward - Hutch MAIAVA - Windsor Wolves
Hooker - Scott JONES - The Entrance Tigers
Prop Forward - Ryan DALZIEL - The Entrance Tigers
Interchange - Sam AIGA - Western Suburbs Magpies
Interchange - Francis TUIGAMALA - Wentworthville Magpies
Interchange - Soloman LASALO - Wentworthville Magpies
Interchange - Pat MATAELE - Wentworthville Magpies

Staff

Coach - Jamy Forbes
Assistant Coach - Chris Yates
Manager - Michael Pugsley
Trainers - Alan Chong, Mark Beaven
Doctor - Brian Witt
NSWRL Coordinator - David Norman

The match is set down for a 7.30pm kick off at Oakes Oval Lismore with curtain raisers involving both NSW Country and QLD Country U16's & U18s starting from 4.30pm.

Tickets available at the ground on the night.

The Sydney Shield match today at Hurstville Oval was a total farce

Kingsgrove turned up with nine players, ended up with 12. Belrose agreed to play 10 on 10. Belrose lead 64-0 at the break. Game called at half time due to Colts injuries leaving them with 8 players.

In RMC The Entrance without their 5 rep players smoked the Colts 80-10

Shrek

Juniors
This is.embarrassing. Wasn't SS meant to be for clubs who were getting to strong for A Grade?

I agree. Piss kingsgrove SS off back to their comp. I was just about to say put their RMC side in SS but they would struggle. This is more than embarrassing. Turning up with 9 players is absolutely unprofessional and it degrades the competition. NSWRL should let clubs join SS and RMC only if they are too good for their normal comps. Their teams aren't the only issue. Their home ground has got to be one of the worst I've seen. And it's not just this week, kingsgrove have struggled all year in the SS and have struggled in the RMC since joining last year. They've had 1 win since joining. I hope they do not come back next year.

I agree. Piss kingsgrove SS off back to their comp. I was just about to say put their RMC side in SS but they would struggle. This is more than embarrassing. Turning up with 9 players is absolutely unprofessional and it degrades the competition. NSWRL should let clubs join SS and RMC only if they are too good for their normal comps. Their teams aren't the only issue. Their home ground has got to be one of the worst I've seen. And it's not just this week, kingsgrove have struggled all year in the SS and have struggled in the RMC since joining last year. They've had 1 win since joining. I hope they do not come back next year.

They went ok in there 1st season but last year and so far this season they have been horrible. I cant see them winning a match this season.

I have heard today Kingsgrove will not be fielding a RMC team next season instead concentrating on a Sydney Shield side.

As for home grounds, they use Kogarah and Hurstville but their Junior League ground at Beverly Hills is pathetic.

Ram Man

Juniors
Postponed match between Belrose and Burwood Nth Ryde to be played tonite at Lionel Watts Reserve @7.15pm

Kingsgrove are a joke...if you register for a competition like that and continue to have the top side regularly spanked by 50-60 points a game, what chance are the seconds of turning up...waste of time and money.

davew

Juniors
does anyone know if the Sydney shield is a top 8 or top 5 this season and if its top 8, does it mirror the NRL top 8 format? Will they play all games at the one ground on the one day e.g Leichhardt?? or will it be home ground advantage??

Joker44

Juniors
does anyone know if the Sydney shield is a top 8 or top 5 this season and if its top 8, does it mirror the NRL top 8 format? Will they play all games at the one ground on the one day e.g Leichhardt?? or will it be home ground advantage??

Sydney Shield is top 5. RMC is top 8, same format as NRL.
Unsure about home ground advantage etc, doesn't look like NSWRL have released anything regarding this as of yet

Shrek

Juniors
Sydney Shield is top 5. RMC is top 8, same format as NRL.
Unsure about home ground advantage etc, doesn't look like NSWRL have released anything regarding this as of yet

SS is top eight as is RMC. It was only confirmed a few weeks ago but SS is definately top 8. Not sure bout home ground advantage but I'd expect the finals to be played together with the RMC.

Broncos93

Juniors
Been told tonight that Kingsgrove Sydney Shield side has withdrawn from the competition. NSWRL apparently looking into how to restructure the competition so there aren't two teams on a bye each week (keeping in mind some sides have already have two byes).

Shrek

Juniors
It had just been confirmed on Wednesday that SS will now be changed to top 5. Changing it 6 weeks out from the finals is pretty un fair on those teams who are 5,6,7 and 8. But if it wasn't for that joke of a club kingsgrove joining and leaving maybe it wouldn't be like this. I cannot believe they are still fielding a RMC team next year. They should be playing 'Z' grade rugby league in china or something. Absoloutely pathetic!

Last edited:
It had just been confirmed on Wednesday that SS will now be changed to top 5. Changing it 6 weeks out from the finals is pretty un fair on those teams who are 5,6,7 and 8. But if it wasn't for that joke of a club kingsgrove joining and leaving maybe it wouldn't be like this. I cannot believe they are still fielding a RMC team next year. They should be playing 'Z' grade rugby league in china or something. Absoloutely pathetic!

I think u will find the Colts will be much stronger next season. They have had interest from a few well know coaches. They have spent very little money the last 2 seasons and have been saving for some big signings. Expect good things from them next season.

I just saw the scoreline (on the nswrl site) for the Kingsgrove v Wentworthville game. Was that really the score? The magpies beat Kingsgrove 104-4. That is a complete and utter joke of a score line.

oh yeah, my bad (about who they played). Misread that.

its just not that often that any team in any grade cracks the 100 mark.

True that

The Colts have had

60 put on them 5 times

70 put on them once

80 put on them 3 times

So the 100 was just around the corner. Imagine if it was one of the top sides, the score could have been anything.

Captain Mulga

Juniors
I want to give these young guys a wrap, they have had 50+ put on them most weeks but still turn up and give it their all. They will be better players for it in 2 or 3 years

MountainMan

Juniors
I remember Campbelltown Eagles SS team lost to Wentys 104-4,when the Sydney shield first came in.Campbelltown folded the following week,a few of the boys apart of that defeat played for the Wests magpies in there big win over the weekend funnily enough.

Latest posts