What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

Ram Man

Juniors
That beat your most improved side, Burwood...it's one or the other me thinks

As opposed to going off a win from a trial game....
How many of the players currently in the RMC side for Auburn actually played that trial?
There are way too many variables to be comparing trial games then the sides that would take the field in a competitive game of footy.
Plus the NYC is an age based competition...essentially it would be boys playing men...I know who I would have my money on.
I dont care how big you are, its different playing in an open age division, hence why you see so many of these NYC stars, disappear into the oblivion once they finish NYC.

slickrabbit

Juniors
Trial or no trial, if NYC was so poor, it wouldn't have been such an easy win for them. You're claiming that RMC sides, 8 of them, would dominate NYC, I disagree. I reckon only 3-4 RMC sides would be strong against any NYC side. The rest would struggle...

Ram Man

Juniors
Where does all this love for the NYC come from? Its a rubbish comp.

It is a glorified Jersey Flegg competition...An age division copmetition so naturally the biggest kids bar a few freaks dominate every week. Love looking at socre line of 48-36.
I dont care how poor Auburn was, its still a trial and the sides I saw Auburn putting in were nothing like the current crop...I would say maybe 3-4 blokes played in that trail that are still in that squad...thats why it is a trial, you dont play your top liners.

Broncos93

Juniors
Majority of Asquith's RMC team are ex under 20's players at the least, with many having State cup experience, and a couple with NRL. I would think they'd account for less experienced NYC players.

slickrabbit

Juniors
I don't have a great "love" for NYC. I actually believe the better players should be in NSW Cup, then RMC, then perhaps SS which would develop them more. I just don't believe the RMC clubs are as strong as some are suggesting.

Shrek

Juniors
I don't have a great "love" for NYC. I actually believe the better players should be in NSW Cup, then RMC, then perhaps SS which would develop them more. I just don't believe the RMC clubs are as strong as some are suggesting.

I guess you have a point. Maybe Guildford, Asquith, wests, kingsgrove, blacktown would struggle against NYC teams. I also think there are alot of players in the RMC that should be playing in the nsw cup. RMC has gotten weaker since it was called Jim Beam cup. Back then the comp was tight with teams such as cabra, Mounties, entrance, wenty, belrose, erina, shellharbour and Windsor all quality sides. They used to televise one match every week. Since then I don't think NSWRL have made enough effort to develop the competition. Letting all these weak teams just makes the competition weak. Yes there have been a few upsets but one win against a good team isn't good enough.

Joker44

Juniors
Asquith had another one their "rare victories" over another top 4 side. Again with no North Sydney NSW Cup squad members.

Kingsgrove 16 Cabra 12 at HT. 60-12 fulltime. Geez Cabra must've got a spray at HT

Saw both matches at New Era today

1st match (Syd Shield) Cabra lead 26-6 at the break and won 90-6. Charlie Latilupe 38 points (3 tries 13 goals)

They ran in like 8 tries in the space of 18 minutes

2nd match (RMC) Colts lead 16-0 after 35 minutes, two quick tries before the break made it 16-12. Cabra turned it on in the 2nd stanza to win 60-16. Colts were all over them to start. If the colts put that 1st 35 mins together against the lower sides they may grab a win or 2.

Shrek

Juniors

I guess I was wrong too. Parramatta NYC had a bye last weekend, Guildford RMC fielded a team full of NYC players. Not second string players, first choice players started. It was practically parramatta NYC with maybe two or three that were not NYC players against wests ( a team struggling in the RMC). And yet parramatta still lost. So maybe I was wrong in saying that there could be a few RMC who struggle to beat NYC teams. Wests beat them 24-22. NYC teams would struggle against RMC teams.

Broncos93

Juniors
Asquith had another one their "rare victories" over another top 4 side. Again with no North Sydney NSW Cup squad members.

Kingsgrove 16 Cabra 12 at HT. 60-12 fulltime. Geez Cabra must've got a spray at HT

Cabra last week and Auburn this week. Makes you wonder how much those fringe Norths players really add to the side.

slickrabbit

Juniors
Then I guess auburn would be one of the bottom 4

I guess I was wrong too. Parramatta NYC had a bye last weekend, Guildford RMC fielded a team full of NYC players. Not second string players, first choice players started. It was practically parramatta NYC with maybe two or three that were not NYC players against wests ( a team struggling in the RMC). And yet parramatta still lost. So maybe I was wrong in saying that there could be a few RMC who struggle to beat NYC teams. Wests beat them 24-22. NYC teams would struggle against RMC teams.

You're right, and Wests gave Wenty a huge scare today, by the sounds of it. Things aren't always what they seem...

Ram Man

Juniors
Just seen that Casey Eillis has been named on the bench for Guildford this weekend in RM Cup...is that the same Casey Ellis that was playing SS the beginning of this year former Cabra player...if it is, I have an idea why he left Mounties

Just seen that Casey Eillis has been named on the bench for Guildford this weekend in RM Cup...is that the same Casey Ellis that was playing SS the beginning of this year former Cabra player...if it is, I have an idea why he left Mounties

Former Cabra player, he played a few games of Massey for Mounties at the start of the season then disappeared presumably injured.
Why would he go to Guildford instead of a club higher up the ladder?

Shrek

Juniors
Former Cabra player, he played a few games of Massey for Mounties at the start of the season then disappeared presumably injured.
Why would he go to Guildford instead of a club higher up the ladder?

Casey Ellis played bundy for cabra last year. He made the switch to Mounties with his brother Ben Ellis this year. Both have been playing SS this year and I think they might've played one or two RMC games. Watching Ben Ellis play for cabra last year I recall he was one of the best at cabra. Also made the rep side at the end of the year. Casey had a good year. Nothing flash, nothing like his old self but still went through a ton of work load. I think casey left Mounties because he does not want to play SS. But I'm surprised Mounties released him because a little birdy told me that both brothers asked for a release after the first few weeks but Mounties wouldn't release them. Does anyone know if this is the casey Ellis that played for Mounties or are we wasting our time? Lol

Ram Man

Juniors
I spoke to Casey out at Mounties when the pre-season comp was on and he told me that you dont get paid when you play SS at Mounties, you have to play RM or NSW Cup to get paid, and they train 3 nights a week. Not everything is money but when you put in that much effort, im not surprised you would want some sort of reward.
He can still play, big boy with a good work rate...had a year or 2 at Avalon in manly a grade as well.

Shrek

Juniors
I spoke to Casey out at Mounties when the pre-season comp was on and he told me that you dont get paid when you play SS at Mounties, you have to play RM or NSW Cup to get paid, and they train 3 nights a week. Not everything is money but when you put in that much effort, im not surprised you would want some sort of reward.
He can still play, big boy with a good work rate...had a year or 2 at Avalon in manly a grade as well.

I was told Mounties now pay their sydney shield $100 a game. They weren't paying anything up until 2 weeks ago. I guess he thought he was guaranteed a spot in RMC but if you look at the Mounties SS team, they also have Terrie Glassie on the bench. Terrie was captain of the bundy team last year and also the club captain. Alot of players in this SS team should be playing RMC level but Mounties have signed 50+ players. It seems to be working though being undefeated after 11 rounds

Shrek

Juniors
Does anyone know where Roland has disappeared to? He usually has the ins and outs of the RMC.