What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is George Rose the Mongrel Prop we have been looking for?

Steelman

Juniors
Typical of the Doust Young player retention and recruiting plan.

Let Prior who is a whole hearted and versatile player who plays big minutes go
and replace him with an over weight prop at the backend of his career

Thats forward planning for you.....Hope this rumor is false. ...

themule

Juniors
At least the leagues club are happy with the signing. No more worries about what to do with the left over food.

Seriously he is unprofessional and has been punted from Manly because he has been told for two years to lose weight but he refuses.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Mole is reporting that Melbourne Storm are interested & have told Rose to lose weight

I agree re Prior - he was used as backup centre through no fault of his own. ( when young centres were available to use ) THis type of selection was typical of Price's stubborn approach of trying something & sticking with it rather than admitting he was wrong. ( OT - will discuss that in relevant thread )

Apparently Prior's deciding between Storm & Eels ( wow tough choice that one ! )

Gypsy - not sure if serious re Nathan Green. ( highly doubtful though ) If you are, I just can't see him with any future in any position at NRL level. He's gone backwards rapidly this season. He has lost pace & doesn't seem comfortable at all when making decisions in defence or attack. We have quite a few options in the centre far better than him.

Mr Red

First Grade
i think George Rose is just happy the original thread creater used the word Mongrel to describe him..
first and last time Rose will ever be referred to as a mongrel Prop... soft as jelly is the usual term used..

jenninga

First Grade
Spot on. Lately everyone on here seems too united, there's little to no debate.
Everyone agrees Price should be diced, Rose is a pub footballer and Fien is to halfback what Craig Mclachlan is to stand-up comedy.

At least we have young Nathan Green coming through the ranks. This kid could be anything.
Quick, strong and a ginge so with that comes aggression. 2014 might be a little soon for Origin, but he'll be thereabouts one would think.

And Chase isn't far away from fulfilling his potential

F*** no. He's a Reserve Grade prop. We have pretty much two full reserve grade sides already and a Holden Cup squad that looks like it will be keeping the Cutters fresh over the next few years.

Let's sign some more FIRST GRADERS.

Coffs dragon

Bench
If Craig Young is responsible for signing George Rose it will give rumour that he is his long lost love child.

blacksafake

First Grade
I think he could be good all he needs is some good coaching & a well thought out game plan.. Oh wait!! ahh forget it.:roll:

st.phil

Bench
Rose would be alright for us - way more impact than weyman off the bench and will give the fans a new big unit to scream for. I Dig Rose.

Latest posts