What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
i stopped reading after they are chasing Mcguire. They will struggle to get an unemployed coach to want the job, let alone a one that has a good job already.

I know , as if we've not been ridiculed enough already without now everyone calling us dead set dreamers .

But I what the doggies fans thought when rumours first circulated about Canterbury trying to poach Dessy . Maybe we should enquire if Tooves is disgruntled yet .

Daneel

Bench
I know , as if we've not been ridiculed enough already without now everyone calling us dead set dreamers .

But I what the doggies fans thought when rumours first circulated about Canterbury trying to poach Dessy . Maybe we should enquire if Tooves is disgruntled yet .

Bulldogs were in a much better position then we are. They had a decent enough roster, a solid board, and a top notch ceo. Getting Des there was a long way short of the miracle we would need to land mcguire.

DeanPay98

Juniors
PO negotiating contracts, without the knowledge of the first grade coach. Tahu and quads cooper.

PO getting into a bidding war with dogs over morts, paying huge overs, only for us to release him 18 months later, while we top up his salary to this day.

The tahu saga. I believe he was still being paid as of last year.

White anting the coach during the regular season.

The leaks, putting the club in the spotlight for the wrong reasons.

The SK experiment, you know the one. The guy that couldnt coach and giving him complete control of receuitment.

And finally signing a ridiculous contract with RS. Not only was it huge overs, but has a get out clause. WTF??? No wonder Roy has had seven companies go bust while he's been a director.

I'm actually starting to think that it might be worth Parramatta's while to pay Roy to leave.

IFR33K

Coach
All in the past and unrelated to our current mess. You need to let go.

They keep 'going bust' and he keeps getting new positions as a director? Sounds like there's more to it than you understand. Just like with everything else.

Sorry champ, you claim DA left us worse than when he arrived. It's not as black and white as that, and you know it. It wasn't me that brought up the past, but yourself. The actions of admin over the past four years, are the reason we are in this current mess. Its a snowball effect. ;-);-)

As for Roy and his companies going bust, i understand enough to know he's a dodgy little f**k. Don't be a hater just because I have a differing opinion to you.

IFR33K

Coach
I'm actually starting to think that it might be worth Parramatta's while to pay Roy to leave.

Unfortunately for us, it's all too late. Roy was painted as a saviour on here by some, and I dare say he'll go down as our worst chairman, and probably part of the worst admin in the nrl.

But apparently it's all da's fault.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Bulldogs were in a much better position then we are. They had a decent enough roster, a solid board, and a top notch ceo. Getting Des there was a long way short of the miracle we would need to land mcguire.

Yeah I agree 100% , its almost an unrealistic scenario to even contemplate us landing Madge even though in my opinion the blokes still unproven but that's another story . Yeah the dogs were in much better shape than us but given the Des / Moanly link I think most thought there was very little chance of him leaving at first .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Yep.

As for Toovey, how could anyone know whether or not he's a good coach? He took over a club that had been built for eight years by Hasler and Cleal. So far all he's proven is that he's managed to not f**k the first grade side.

But their 'academy' (and their lower grades) have gone down the gurgler massively since 2011.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Yep.

As for Toovey, how could anyone know whether or not he's a good coach? He took over a club that had been built for eight years by Hasler and Cleal. So far all he's proven is that he's managed to not f**k the first grade side.

But their 'academy' (and their lower grades) have gone down the gurgler massively since 2011.

Tooves has done well with the few nuffies he bought this year Pou who have gone up about 6 levels , maybe Des is sneaking across the bridge and giving Horo and Brenton Lawrence secret coaching sessions after hours . He's also brought on Hiku , lost a key strike weapon in SheRex ( who was good at manly )had to deal with injuries to key players and sailed into the first weekend of the finals with the boys well prepared enough to get just beat by the red hot minor premiers . I'd say Tooves could take a bit of credit as a decent coach now . But yes the jury's out on whether he could build a team from scratch as it is with Madge , Robinson but not Stuart .

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The performance of Horo, Lawrence and Hiku just proves the value of a solid core of players and a strong culture. Blair will go well there next year too if he plays first grade.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sorry champ, you claim DA left us worse than when he arrived. It's not as black and white as that, and you know it. It wasn't me that brought up the past, but yourself. The actions of admin over the past four years, are the reason we are in this current mess. Its a snowball effect. ;-);-)

You're missing the point mate. It's not Anderson's fault just as it's not 3P's or anyone else's. No merkin has been in charge of anything long enough to effect any positive change, but the net effect of so many different decision makers has been anarchy.

Which is our problem right now.

As for Roy and his companies going bust, i understand enough to know he's a dodgy little f**k. Don't be a hater just because I have a differing opinion to you.

You're the one intent on pinning everything on Roy Spagnolo. But I'm the hater. :roll:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
You're missing the point mate. It's not Anderson's fault just as it's not 3P's or anyone else's. No merkin has been in charge of anything long enough to effect any positive change, but the net effect of so many different decision makers has been anarchy.

You're the one intent on pinning everything on Roy Spagnolo. But I'm the hater. :roll:

3P had 4 f**king years to make some improvement. How much longer did they need you f**king merkin?

Stop talking so much absolute f**king bullshit you f**kwit.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
The performance of Horo, Lawrence and Hiku just proves the value of a solid core of players and a strong culture. Blair will go well there next year too if he plays first grade.

You're onto something Pou . What clubs should do then is build a team with a solid core of players and a strong culture then do away with the coaching position all together those values apparently manage interchanges , strategies , recruitment / retention and any other aspect of the coaching role that enables the team to function . Better call The Plumber champ it seems you've got a 5 year plan .

BTW , agree Blair will be our next big regret .

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach

How am I missing the point?

You're pretty much pinning all the blame on DA, yet PO and the board get off Scott free.

The board were white anting him during his tenure to bring in SK. How do we know what role or say da had in recruitment. By all accounts, da's job was always going to be an uphill battle.

The appointment of SK was a disaster and depending on get out clauses, rs's appointment could be far worse. Which leads us to today's situation.

As for hating Roy, I hate him for what he's done to this once mighty club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
3P had 4 f**king years to make some improvement. How much longer did they need you f**king merkin?

Stop talking so much absolute f**king bullshit you f**kwit.

It took 30 years to work out Ovo and the rest of Fitzy's mates were no good. Clearly four years isn't long enough to judge a board. Especially when they're being white anted the entire time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You're onto something Pou . What clubs should do then is build a team with a solid core of players and a strong culture then do away with the coaching position all together those values apparently manage interchanges , strategies , recruitment / retention and any other aspect of the coaching role that enables the team to function . Better call The Plumber champ it seems you've got a 5 year plan .

BTW , agree Blair will be our next big regret .

All that match day stuff can be done by any merkin. That's why rep teams are all coached by unemployed nuffies like Meninga, Kearney and Sheens.

Since Hasler left, Manly haven't lost any key members of the squad, whether from a tactical or leadership point of view.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
All that match day stuff can be done by any merkin. That's why rep teams are all coached by unemployed nuffies like Meninga, Kearney and Sheens.

Since Hasler left, Manly haven't lost any key members of the squad, whether from a tactical or leadership point of view.

Yep ... Toovey obviously can't coach for shit .

Status
Not open for further replies.