What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRam

Coach
@RugbyLeagueNews: Parramatta Eels CEO Steve Sharp says that Jarryd Hayne has no get-out-clause and will 100% be an Eels in 2014. #NRLp

:lol:

Yep, contracts mean f**k all today. But after watching the Dogs today they don't look like a desirable destination either.

:lol: Ke! They bowed out of an elimination semi final mate, we bowed out as repeat wooden spooners.

TheRam

Coach
All he's done is throw a line out there . So in other words " if you're a contracted coach and you're interested please contact us " It's not dumb he's just seeing which/ if any fish come . It's better than actually contacting contracted coaches IMO .

i stopped reading after they are chasing Mcguire. They will struggle to get an unemployed coach to want the job, let alone a one that has a good job already.

Just read the bold bit. An interim coach? Lets just keep on throwing seasons away. Who was on here saying they talked to sharp and they had a contingency Plan? Was that it? Michael Mcguire? Thats not a plan, thats walking on water. We have all seen it before with the tigers and souths, the only coach we will attract will be a paul langmack or a Terry Lamb type nuffie.

Bulldogs were in a much better position then we are. They had a decent enough roster, a solid board, and a top notch ceo. Getting Des there was a long way short of the miracle we would need to land mcguire.

Yeah I agree 100% , its almost an unrealistic scenario to even contemplate us landing Madge even though in my opinion the blokes still unproven but that's another story . Yeah the dogs were in much better shape than us but given the Des / Moanly link I think most thought there was very little chance of him leaving at first .

You guys have missed the point a bit here.

This is a PR move for our benefit plain and simple, but one that smells of complete failure, weakness and desperation from our board leader and ultimately the club. It is so pathetic that he should come out and publicly announce such dribble, that we have again just been shown up as the armature clowns of the league big time. No one in their right mind would ever take it seriously for one second.

I mean who the hell announces that they are prepared to invade another club to poach their coach, especially one in our position? It would be like a field mouse trying to f**k an elephant while the elephant is in the process of sitting down. What a dumb loser, no matter how well intentioned.

Please if we were a horse I would have reach for the gun ages ago. Come on ARLC, PLEASE STEP IN AND TRY TO FIX THIS!

John Quayle anyone?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We are at least in a better financial position than most clubs thanks to recent restructuring of our debt and assets.

Daneel

Bench
You guys have missed the point a bit here.

This is a PR move for our benefit plain and simple, but one that smells of complete failure, weakness and desperation from our board leader and ultimately the club. It is so pathetic that he should come out and publicly announce such dribble, that we have again just been shown up as the armature clowns of the league big time. No one in their right mind would ever take it seriously for one second.

I mean who the hell announces that they are prepared to invade another club to poach their coach, especially one in our position? It would be like a field mouse trying to f**k an elephant while the elephant is in the process of sitting down. What a dumb loser, no matter how well intentioned.

Please if we were a horse I would have reach for the gun ages ago. Come on ARLC, PLEASE STEP IN AND TRY TO FIX THIS!

John Quayle anyone?

No, no point missed. Just wasn't discussing why they would say that but rather the possibility or in this case almost impossibility of what they said being achievable.

natheel

Coach
:lol:

:lol: Ke! They bowed out of an elimination semi final mate, we bowed out as repeat wooden spooners.

Maybe correct but our playing group isn't divided from within. We compared to dogs seem a tight knit group.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think our forwards have plenty of depth too.
Our back are a little on the thin side,especialy if a few where injured

Joely01

Bench
NYC coach Andrew Webster has taken up a role at the tigers as their full time NYC coach.

Definetly a bit of a surprise, he only just re-signed about 1-2 weeks ago, but that was while Ricky was around who was wanting to work with the first grade team more. Which shows how much Ricky played the club.

That tigers offer was there at the time and he turned it down to stay on, so looks like he has asked for a get out which the club has granted.

Our club are the idiots for including stupid clauses in contracts, can't blame him for going blame who ever allowed that clause in the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts