What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Things

Gomarchin

Juniors
The only good thing is Price having 3 months to work on our attack.

His had two off seasons to work on the attack and has recently come out and told us how much his learnt about himself and the team this year.

I can WAIT to see what he has in store for us next year...

Old_Timer

Juniors
The only good thing is Price having 3 months to work on our attack.

His had two off seasons to work on the attack and has recently come out and told us how much his learnt about himself and the team this year.....

Both those statements give rise to a complexity of issues, but I fail to see any positives for us in either. :D

twinkletoes

Juniors
When is he going to work on our defence because every time an opposing team gets within 25m of our goal line they more often than not score. Looking at the Roosters and Manly match, did you see how when defending both teams actually race off their line to meet the attacking players with aggression and urgency. Our blokes look like they're out for a Sunday stroll.

We do have some exciting young talent to develop...Runciman, Quinlan, JDB, Stockwell, Frizz, hopefully Bird and other NYC players together with a bit of added experience in Dugan, Widdop, Williams & Thompson. With a half decent coach you would be excited about next season...with our current coach I fear the worst. I just don't see how you change the culture of a CLUB when the management and coaches are the same that have let that culture develop.

No Brown is actually a decent coach, would love to see him back.

Me too.

I think the concensus back then was that he needed to go away and discover his Coaching ability some where else. Not at the Dragons where one day he was one of the Boys playing alongside them, next in a suit on the sideline barking instructions at them.

He older, he's wiser, he's experienced ... AND, this is the best bit - He's an ex-Dragon.

On Topic, with all the good things we have coming to us with new recruits, we do somehow Need to fix up our defence again first. And that is mostly an attitude Thing. Without the right man who can synthesise all the factors that motivate good defence - e.g. Position and line Speed, technique, leadership on the field, strength and conditioning, and attitude building ...I don't know how that can be achieved.

jasperdragon07

Juniors
Come on guys "Good Things". Dont get me wrong there is a place for every opionion however this is not the thread. Please just hand over "possible" good things that we DRAGON fans will experience. That way we can have a section that may keep us confident. ;-)

TruSaint

Referee
One thing about Nathan, is that he bleeds red and white.

When he was playing with his goldy locks, he played above his weight.

The guy has a footy brain, brought in too early, coached mates and found out the hard way. He would be welcome back in my eyes with open arms.

I will never forget when he was streched off with that neck injury, that ultimately led to him coaching. Browny is a champion of the first order.

TruSaint

Referee
Come on guys "Good Things". Dont get me wrong there is a place for every opionion however this is not the thread. Please just hand over "possible" good things that we DRAGON fans will experience. That way we can have a section that may keep us confident. ;-)

You got it mate...

Brown to take over as coach, Dugan to be the Dally M winner, Widdop to tear them a new one, our wingers to score 20 plus each, Finish 3rd, membership up 20%, gates 30%....

2014, bring it on. :D:D:D

PS Koragarh hill FULL

jasperdragon07

Juniors
You got it mate...

Brown to take over as coach, Dugan to be the Dally M winner, Widdop to tear them a new one, our wingers to score 20 plus each, Finish 3rd, membership up 20%, gates 30%....

2014, bring it on. :D:D:D

PS Koragarh hill FULL

Now this is what I'm talking about. DRAGON ARMY! Thougths are real forces

TonyTrugett

Juniors

The guy has a footy brain, brought in too early, coached mates and found out the hard way. He would be welcome back in my eyes with open arms.

I will never forget when he was streched off with that neck injury, that ultimately led to him coaching. Browny is a champion of the first order.

I think there's some rose coloured glasses in operation here. I liked Nathan brown too but he had a team of super stars which he couldn't get to a grand final. Wasted years IMO. He also tried to defect to cronulla during super league.

TruSaint

Referee

I think there's some rose coloured glasses in operation here. I liked Nathan brown too but he had a team of super stars which he couldn't get to a grand final. Wasted years IMO. He also tried to defect to cronulla during super league.

Tony, will all respect mate.

The super league war tore many people apart. Bottom line is he DIDNT go to Cronulla. If we rely on "ifs", ..

As to having a team of super stars ? So did Andrew Farrah... AFTER David Waite was sacked.

Difference is Farrah didnt play with his team, Browny did.

Anyway Tony, this is a positive thread...

Rose coloured glasses ? yep.. i admire Nathan, always have.

bottle

Coach

Nice try jasper. Unfortunately the wrist slitters are in the majority at the moment and some
of them simply won't allow anything positive to take root. Don't worry, if we can jag a couple of wins next year they'll disappear back under their rocks for a while, just waiting for the next chance to take a kick at the club they 'love'.

Old_Timer

Juniors
..... the wrist slitters are in the majority at the moment.....

Come on bottle fair suck of the sausage. :shock:

We (the wrist slitters) had two years of being battered from pillar to post, called everything under the sun, had our good character assassinated regularly, and the stability of our mental health frequently challenged as well. But we hung in there and ultimately prevailed. ;-)

By contrast you have had 5 minutes of seeking to lead a rear guard action, aimed at rationalising the last two years into some sort cathartic experience, that we had to go through in order to reap the benefits, of Price's coaching career supposedly blossoming in 2014. :D

Be assured that this wrist slitter, not withstanding a call from you know who on the royal telephone, will be around to either congratulate you on your impeccable insight, or to recommend a suitable therapist (mine probably) should your delusions not be substantiated.

By all means go back and read what we were subjected to, before having the temerity to come on here and claim that your crusade is being hard done by. :D

P.S. forgot to put in a good bit, my apology.
P.P.S our club will rebound, but we need to play a part in that process.

Last edited:
Nice try jasper. Unfortunately the wrist slitters are in the majority at the moment and some
of them simply won't allow anything positive to take root. Don't worry, if we can jag a couple of wins next year they'll disappear back under their rocks for a while, just waiting for the next chance to take a kick at the club they 'love'.

...nah nah, no hiding under rocks - I'm booked for nudie run, and have already drafted a public apology for Steve Price in case he comes good : )

There's nothing more I hope for then humble pie. Because ANY new Coach will take longer to get traction and make good, then if Steve Price succeeds in the first six weeks of next season (or whatever has been set as his Extended probation).

and bottle... re: the negative attitude of fans

In Business, like politics, you ARE what People perceive you to be. No ifs, buts or maybe's. There is no point telling your constituents, or customers, or fans THEY are wrong... once you do that, you've lost the plot. It's up to you to convince them you are something different.

Every successful Brand-Manager works with this premise.

The current negative perception of the Dragons is not confined to this Forum. It's a groundswell - when you read other media, it is out there in a big way.

And so all the complaining ...well I see it is like a parent loving a son who has become a drug addict. An intervention is required BECAUSE you love them.
You know, cruel to be kind etc etc and blah blah...

"Wrist slitters" is emotive, and you know that.

Thanks to Jasper for starting something positive.

I just want to see us playing entertaining brand of footy again ...and being competitive.

bottle

Coach
You give me too much credit OT.
For the record, I don't consider you a wrist slitter, just a little jaundiced. Having a liver swimming in a sea of amber beverage can do that you know!

A wrist slitter is always negative, even in the good times, and can't allow anything positive to see the light of day. It has to be killed, stamped on and degraded.

You seem to jolly to be consistently negative. At present you come across a bit more like Santa Claus having an issue with the elves.

Edit: I also don't think you qualify BFD. I'm sure you can see the good as the good when it's there.