What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supposed "Season Review' without changes

Capital_Dragon

Juniors
And by re-iterating specific accountabilities of individuals - the Club takes this very seriously. T h a n k y o u !!

I actually think what has been announced is the very best the Dragons can do within the constraints of the current situation and environment.

The optimist in me agrees that this review is probably the best they could do and hopefully puts us on the right track to get the best out of what is a decent team on paper.

But the realist says no matter how you rearrange those deck chairs all we have now is a better way to measure failure and know who to sack.

And seriously how hard would it have been for Price to acknowledge some personal responsibility? He is the one that needs to drive all of this and make it hang together but I honestly don't think he has the inherent personal attributes to make a decent head coach. And no amount of goals, values or indicators are going to change that.

Dezziedc

Juniors
Hehe - A fine concession indeed Dezzi - and here I was thinking I was coming over to your side. What do you disagree with? ...Let me guess. Steve Price really IS smarter then Paul Macgregor in designing attacking plays? Ohh, no matter. We will see.

Differences in ideology and opinions aside - I think it's a pretty good outcome. As JB and Dea point out, a big thing is the public clarification of roles, coupled with specified outcomes, effectively = key people on notice. Like I said, it's the monitoring and follow up that really makes the difference. If it stays only as lip-service, well then...

And I think there is just enough reference to the standard of footy played itself, to point the finger at a coach who they have also re-signed, without humiliating or undermining him. He is clearly getting a lot of support.

The process is complete, outcomes are known and decisions have been made.

Like I said I think it is the best our Dragons can be right now. And that’s all you can ask for.

We now have a job to do as supporters.

OK, love-in time has passed. I think that the team's performances over the last 2 years is not the sole contributor to any sort of financial issues with the club. If that is indeed the case, then this has most likely been coming for years.

On the other note, I am not sure about Mary being offensive coach. I don't know how he will go but am keen to see what transpires over the off season and next year. I think Price needs good support and a good coaching team - and I think what has been provided is a positive step. I am optimistic about next year.

EDIT - grammar police...

Last edited:

Mr Red

First Grade
can someone shed some light on what seasons Craig Young was part time forwards coach?
i am guessing it wasnt when Bennett was in charge was it?

would be interesting to determine what seasons it was so we can gauge the boards definition of performing a role "sucessfully"...
As i previously stated Young was an awful coach.

BennyV

Referee
We now have a job to do as supporters.

Amen BFD. We called out for something and we got changes - we may not have a supercoach on board but we now have structure, public accountability and an admission that high performance, training/conditioning and recruitment were not up to scratch with movement to fix this.

Time to get off the sob train, renew out memberships, show our support for this great club and that we appreciate that they hear us.

emack

Juniors
Even a crash cart won't bring us back from this one...................

Round 7 2014 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hermidale1

Juniors
can someone shed some light on what seasons Craig Young was part time forwards coach?
i am guessing it wasnt when Bennett was in charge was it?

would be interesting to determine what seasons it was so we can gauge the boards definition of performing a role "sucessfully"...
As i previously stated Young was an awful coach.

Actually it was when Bennett was in charge. Bennett was head coach, Price assitant and Craig Young was Forwards coach.

possm

Coach
The Board should explain in detail the current financial situation and how they intend to address this.

The Board shouild also admit their incompetence and declare all positions vacant. Let the members show confidence in those who wish to stand for the vacant positions.

I would like to see the Dragons Club be put in the hands of people who know how to address the serious issues affecting the Dragons so that once again our Club can return to it’s rightful place at the top of the list of Clubs in the NRL.

If the above cannot be achieved, I would welcome a members/fans revolt; two years of incompetence is more than enough for us to endure.

Last edited:

Mr Red

First Grade
Actually it was when Bennett was in charge. Bennett was head coach, Price assitant and Craig Young was Forwards coach.
thanks..
makes you wonder how much input Young actually had then... given as soon as Bennett leaves the forwards turned to paper tissue...

saint.nick

Coach
Even a crash cart won't bring us back from this one...................

Round 7 2014 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, ANZAC day against the Roosters. We will be saying lest we forget after the saints are absolutely slaughtered.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
The Board should explain in detail the current financial situation and how they intend to address this.

The Board shouild also admit their incompetence and declare all positions vacant. Let the members show confidence in those who wish to stand for the vacant positions.

I would like to see the Dragons Club be put in the hands of people who know how to address the serious issues affecting the Dragons so that once again our Club can return to it?s rightful place at the top of the list of Clubs in the NRL.

If the above cannot be achieved, I would welcome a members/fans revolt; two years of incompetence is more than enough for us to endure.

Are you mixing the Leagues Club with the Football Club....again?

saint.nick

Coach
thanks..
makes you wonder how much input Young actually had then... given as soon as Bennett leaves the forwards turned to paper tissue...

It's hard to say. Does anyone know what year Young actually moved into recruitment? And who's in charge of recruitment now?

Smirrors

Juniors
Give the team a break, reduced injuries and new decent players should see this team improve over this year. The team should be a borderline top 8 team.

Godz Illa

Coach
Give the team a break, reduced injuries and new decent players should see this team improve over this year. The team should be a borderline top 8 team.
Borderline with the current coach. With a quality coach the team is comfortably a top 8 side, and on the up and up considering the youth of the squad

Steelman

Juniors
It's hard to say. Does anyone know what year Young actually moved into recruitment? And who's in charge of recruitment now?

Robert Finch and high performance unit coach Ben Haran are now in charge of all player
Retention and recruitment at the club.