What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we need from Peter Wallace is to guide the side around, solid kicking game which we know he is good at and we know he doesn't have to be 'hidden' out wide when defending. Peter is pretty solid is defence. I think the Wallace - Soward combo will be good for us. I would be more worried about Soward finding his best form. Hopefully the change of clubs is exactly what he needs.

Thats all we need if Soward plays well.

If he doesn't we're going to need someone in the halves that's much better than wallace.

Also, why only shoot for "all we need"?

Our standards for halves should be much better than that.

Besides, I highly doubt its what we need to win a premiership.

Kilkenny

Coach
Thats all we need if Soward plays well.

If he doesn't we're going to need someone in the halves that's much better than wallace.

Also, why only shoot for "all we need"?

Our standards for halves should be much better than that.

Besides, I highly doubt its what we need to win a premiership.

Herbert, we all know we are not going to win the Premiership in 2014 I thought we were all hoping just to make the top eight.

Well yeah, making the 8 could very well happen with wallace and soward.

Got to shoot higher than that though.

2002 we finished 12th on 18pts. We all know what happened the next year.

mxlegend99

Referee
What halves would have offered us a better chance at a premiership then Soward and Wallace? We went all out for Thurston and Carney... we missed out but atleast drove their price up a lot in doing so. Who else was available that could have increased our chances at a premiership?

That's the thing mx. People give us shit for buying Soward but Gus went all out to get Thurston/Carney. Even though he's a smug little turd he was the best next option

What halves would have offered us a better chance at a premiership then Soward and Wallace? We went all out for Thurston and Carney... we missed out but atleast drove their price up a lot in doing so. Who else was available that could have increased our chances at a premiership?

Imo wallace is nothing more than a placeholder.

He's just another roadblock for a young kid at the club.

That's the thing mx. People give us shit for buying Soward but Gus went all out to get Thurston/Carney. Even though he's a smug little turd he was the best next option

Soward signing was fine.

It was the shit we got for the Wallace signing that was justified. 3 bloody years we gave him. Crazy stuff.

But a roadblock for who? Maybe Foster? Don't really think we have any other young halves that are anywhere near 1st grade standard

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
You guys have been thrown up as a possible home for Locke with the Dogs and Storm also interested. Ivan is a fan obviously.

meek

Juniors
I will say it again. I would rather have kept Walsh than signed Wallace.

agree 100%
any doubters go back and watch some of the broncos games -
he offers nothing - no creativity at all - zilch
I hope im wrong - but think the Wallace signing was a massive mistake
unless we got him for the cost of a beer and a pie

hope im wrong- time will tell I guess

maple_69

Bench
I don't disagree daz. As much crap as he gets, Walsh was good for the most part this year, and was rated 7th best player in the league. Take that rank with a big grain of salt but it shows how many dominant games he out in. I would of been interested in him playing with a quality half like Soward. May have been able to realise his potential. Anyway the club made the right decision I think. He has had enough chances and we've grown a dependence on him as a team thats not really healthy.
Wallace should have been a two year contract. I still hope we go incredibly hard at Johnson. Foster is more a hooker but looks a good prospect and no one else is near ready.

Walsh is horrible. That game against the Roosters where he wasn't tackled even once was embarrassing. Another highlight for his year was when he got hooked to the bench and was sitting there laughing and smiling

But a roadblock for who? Maybe Foster? Don't really think we have any other young halves that are anywhere near 1st grade standard

Moylan
Isaac John ( just as good as wallace imo)
Coote - if he'd been retained at a cheaper price
Foster

I could have copped signing wallace on a 1 year contract with another year as an option. 3 years was madness.

Doomednow

Bench
Would it really be that surprising if we got Wallace relatively cheap and he spends most of his contract playing for the Wolves?

Well, i think we know his first year is pretty cheap. Because of brisbane paying some of it.

I would have thought Wallace could have earnt decent money in the UK though.

In tbe end the cost isnt my main concern though. It's a 3 year contract and his presence possibly hurting the growth of younger players.

I think if you're going to bring in experienced players for key positions, it should be to win short term.

chrisD

Coach
Players better than Wallace who could have played in the halves, Austin, Evans, Coote, John, Peachey and maybe Walsh.

chrisD

Coach
Lachlan being released early was part money part Moss / DWZ. While a fine player on his day he was unlikely to be resigned beyond next season.

James Roberts until his injury in pre season was being groomed in the fullback role and there are those who still believe it is his best position and the position where he can do the most damage.

Moss / DWZ are both exceptional talents. I'm not sure how we are going to fit them both in when they are ready.

New signing Nagaima is very capable in the fullback role apparently although I've only seen him a few times on TV and he was been on the wing.

As for Moylan he did better in his initial appearances than most expected and out of the blue was given modest two year deal when it looked likely he was about to let go.

I don't think Moylan is viewed as our long term fullback and as I have posted I don't expect him to figure in 2014. You guys talk the kid up but he has his issues and is not NRL standard in the long term. Will have the odd good game here and there but for the most part defence not good enough, too small and too slow. Moss get's away with his lack of size with his speed.

So you're saying Roberts will play FB next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts