What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyone else seeing all these rumours floating around that we are gonna sign Corey Parker?

Does this have legs or what?

I don't see why. Our backrow will be Manu, Brown, Taylor hardly terrible. We have the best player in NYC and NSW Cup both backrowers. We need centres not backrowers.

franklin2323

Immortal
He is also well down theirs as far as what they want.

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Kevin Locke
3. James O'Conner
4. Evander Cummins
5. Daylight

Depends. This backline isn't too bad

Morris
Brown
Lafai
Inu
Perrett

Sign a cheaper potential star or stars as backup.

Not every club has our lets hold them back policy. A troll did post it but not impossible

Big Mick

Referee
Not every club has our lets hold them back policy.

Seriously man....Enough!

So the Bulldogs don't have a hold them back policy aye? Hence why Martin Taupau is going to the Tigers and Aiden Sezer went to the f**king Titans and they have been searching for centres for ages instead of going with young guy like a Lafai hence why they signed Inu last year to pair with Morris and also signed Sam Perrett.

On top of that apart from Sam Kasiano, Dale Finucane, Josh Jackson the rest of their forward pack is pretty much imported hence why a guy like Taupau has to go to get an opportunity, because they've held him back.

franklin2323

Immortal
Seriously man....Enough!

So the Bulldogs don't have a hold them back policy aye? Hence why Martin Taupau is going to the Tigers and Aiden Sezer went to the f**king Titans and they have been searching for centres for ages instead of going with young guy like a Lafai hence why they signed Inu last year to pair with Morris and also signed Sam Perrett.

On top of that apart from Sam Kasiano, Dale Finucane, Josh Jackson the rest of their forward pack is pretty much imported hence why a guy like Taupau has to go to get an opportunity, because they've held him back.

Must be your time of the month didn't say they did. They have a hole at fullback.

Stats wise Moss is a good purchase 36 tries in 38 NYC games. 10 NSW Cup games 6 tries will be cheap or you go the proven like Hayne etc who do they lose to get his $800k under the cap?

Just because we choose not to play him doesn't mean others don't rate him as your post suggested.

Next year Moylan is by far the best option. Then Naiqama.
In 2016 DWZ should be putting pressure on. So where does that leave Moss?

mxlegend99

Referee
So Moss has a huge drop in try scoring rates for each level he goes up? 36 from 38 is not far off 100%. 6 from 10 is only 60%. First grade would be around 20 or 30%...

franklin2323

Immortal
So Moss has a huge drop in try scoring rates for each level he goes up? 36 from 38 is not far off 100%. 6 from 10 is only 60%. First grade would be around 20 or 30%...

You can't use 10 games only as the guide it was a game here and there at the time he was struggling with a groin.

42 tries in 2 seasons is a good strike rate he has had a taste of NSW Cup so is better option then other NYC players. As I said can't see him being our fb but can see why other teams may be interested

mxlegend99

Referee
You can't use 10 games only as the guide it was a game here and there at the time he was struggling with a groin.

42 tries in 2 seasons is a good strike rate he has had a taste of NSW Cup so is better option then other NYC players. As I said can't see him being our fb but can see why other teams may be interested
I was joking. Try scoring rates in the Under 20's are irrelevant when it comes to the higher grades... given it's not uncommon for there to be 70+ points scored in a game.

Kilkenny

Coach
Next year Moylan is by far the best option. Then Naiqama.
In 2016 DWZ should be putting pressure on. So where does that leave Moss?

You may believe Moylan is the best option. I don't think those within the club see it that way and I can't see Moylan getting too many games in the top grade next season, if any.

mxlegend99

Referee
Moylan will definitely be part of our first grade plans. Between re-signing him and releasing Coote, he is clearly either viewed as part of our top 17 or an important part of our top squad.

franklin2323

Immortal
You may believe Moylan is the best option. I don't think those within the club see it that way and I can't see Moylan getting too many games in the top grade next season, if any.

Who then? Roberts can't catch. Naiqama is as bad as Moylan is. Moss' is good maybe a great option down the track but far too small

So it comes down to Naiqama's pace or Moylan's creativity. Long term you may be right but Coote was the only other option .

Coote is a quality player but we never played to his game.......Walsh is a bum but if you know this your smarter than anyone whos worked on channel 9 or fox

Kilkenny

Coach
Lachlan being released early was part money part Moss / DWZ. While a fine player on his day he was unlikely to be resigned beyond next season.

James Roberts until his injury in pre season was being groomed in the fullback role and there are those who still believe it is his best position and the position where he can do the most damage.

Moss / DWZ are both exceptional talents. I'm not sure how we are going to fit them both in when they are ready.

New signing Nagaima is very capable in the fullback role apparently although I've only seen him a few times on TV and he was been on the wing.

As for Moylan he did better in his initial appearances than most expected and out of the blue was given modest two year deal when it looked likely he was about to let go.

I don't think Moylan is viewed as our long term fullback and as I have posted I don't expect him to figure in 2014. You guys talk the kid up but he has his issues and is not NRL standard in the long term. Will have the odd good game here and there but for the most part defence not good enough, too small and too slow. Moss get's away with his lack of size with his speed.

maple_69

Bench
He completely changed the way the team played when he debuted, for the better. He may be small and slow but he will be an important cog in our attacking game with Wallace offering little creativity from halfback. You'd expect DWZ to be there in 2016 and Moylan to the halves or gone I guess. Will be good to see how he goes with a full off season to bulk up and train with the first grade squad.
Naqaima would be fine as well. Safe under high ball, strong, fast, good in defence. Just not sure about positioning, support play and how well he'd chip into the backline.

Moylan's future is in the halves for sure.

His soft hands have 5/8 written all over them.

If Wallace is rubbish as expected, I'd rush moylan into that spot.

Kilkenny

Coach
Moylan's future is in the halves for sure.

His soft hands have 5/8 written all over them.

If Wallace is rubbish as expected, I'd rush moylan into that spot.

All we need from Peter Wallace is to guide the side around, solid kicking game which we know he is good at and we know he doesn't have to be 'hidden' out wide when defending. Peter is pretty solid is defence. I think the Wallace - Soward combo will be good for us. I would be more worried about Soward finding his best form. Hopefully the change of clubs is exactly what he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts