What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportive cupid

Referee
But every woman knows that if another woman tries to line you up with a guy ...there's gotta be some reason why she isn't going for him herself.

dogslife

Coach
I know this question might be completely redundant, but do you have any guy friends that you simply wouldn't f**k? It does happen you know

sportive cupid

Referee
Yes.
but that isn't making them any more attractive to other women.
nor does it make it easier for me to convince another woman to give him a go.

It's not like you can say
" look this is a great guy,I love him to bits ..it's just that I would never f**k him because???ummmm....

Last edited:

sportive cupid

Referee
See a guy acting as a woman's wingman I get.He can always support the idea that she's super choosy and that's why he can't get her .
but a woman could never convince another woman that her male friend is too choosy to do her.
There is no woman alive who is that dumb as to believe that!

Alba

Coach
Yes.
but that isn't making them any more attractive to other women.
nor does it make it easier for me to convince another woman to give him a go.

It's not like you can say
" look this is a great guy,I love him to bits ..it's just that I would never f**k him because???ummmm....

If that's how you would go about it, you'd be doing it wrong :|

LatK7

First Grade
I've found my friends to be pretty good wingmen...especially if they're in relationships. It allows them to chat to girls without being crucified. Win win!

dogslife

Coach
The job of the wingman is to occupy the geniused friends so you can do your thing with the pick of the litter

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The job of the wingman is to occupy the geniused friends so you can do your thing with the pick of the litter

Yeah they deal with the duff ( designated ugly fat friend) while you swoop in and charm the pants off the hottie

see i find this approach to be just a fantasy..

in reality (well, in my reality):

1. a wingman's job is to help 'pump up the tyres' of the guy who is after the girl - he tells the stories and makes the guy seem pretty good.. less about trying to distract the friends..

2. (and as mentioned before) if i didn't like the friends, the guy was on his own. back when i was a single muzby i wouldn't chat to one of the friends if i didn't think she was cute / interesting..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I usually just think they're the wingman while their friend hits on my friend, really.

i see a lot of similarities between this approach and the following joke:

A massive flood was happening in outer NSW.

As the flood waters were rising, a man was on the doorstep of his house and another man in a row boat came by. The man in the row boat told the man on the doorstep to get in and he'd save him.

The man on the doorstep said, "No, I have faith in God almighty and will wait for him to save me"

The flood waters kept rising and the man had to go to the second floor of his house. A man in a motor boat came by and told the man in the house to get in and he'd take him to safety. The man in the house said "No thanks mate, I have my faith in God and will wait for God to save me"

The flood waters kept rising. Pretty soon they were up to the man's roof and he got out on the roof. A helicopter then came by, lowered a rope and the pilot shouted down in the man in the house to climb up the rope to safety. The man in the house wouldn't climb the rope, saying to the pilot "No thanks, I have faith in God and know God will rescue me".

The flood waters kept rising and the man drowned.

When he got to heaven, he angrily stormed past St Peter at the Pearly Gates and went looking for God.

When he found him he said "What the hell God? I had perfect faith in you, and knew that you would save me, but you let me down. I'm dead!"

God looked puzzled.

"What more do you want from me?" asked God. "I sent you two boats and a helicopter and you rejected all three of them."

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
step outside your head and also your comfort zone and you'll be surprised at what is out there..

one of the best steps i ever took was talking to others instead of just listening to myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.