What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
never said it was easy...

but like anything you have to start somewhere...

butchmcdick

Immortal
see i find this approach to be just a fantasy..

in reality (well, in my reality):

1. a wingman's job is to help 'pump up the tyres' of the guy who is after the girl - he tells the stories and makes the guy seem pretty good.. less about trying to distract the friends..

2. (and as mentioned before) if i didn't like the friends, the guy was on his own. back when i was a single muzby i wouldn't chat to one of the friends if i didn't think she was cute / interesting..

U got to take one for the team every so often muz

sportive cupid

Referee
see i find this approach to be just a fantasy..

in reality (well, in my reality):

1. a wingman's job is to help 'pump up the tyres' of the guy who is after the girl - he tells the stories and makes the guy seem pretty good.. less about trying to distract the friends..

2. (and as mentioned before) if i didn't like the friends, the guy was on his own. back when i was a single muzby i wouldn't chat to one of the friends if i didn't think she was cute / interesting..

That's what I thought .So how does a woman convincingly act as a wingman for a guy?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
That's what I thought .So how does a woman convincingly act as a wingman for a guy?

covertly..

she 'makes the move' on the target in question, befriending them and having a great chat with them, and then turning conversation towards guys, and then conveniently 'knowing someone who sounds just like her type'..

again, the role of the wingman is not to distract the friends...

Helmet Man

Juniors
covertly..

she 'makes the move' on the target in question, befriending them and having a great chat with them, and then turning conversation towards guys, and then conveniently 'knowing someone who sounds just like her type'..

and in the process the woman can reveal to your friend if they are into you or not.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
and in the process the woman can reveal to your friend if they are into you or not.

possibly.. although that can also seem a bit like the old 'hey, my friend thinks you are cute' scenario..

best let the girls get chummy, then broaden the group by introducing 'mr x'

by that stage, target girl and your wingwoman have formed a bond, which helps to develop trust..

she meets mr x, and because wingwoman has mentioned he is a great guy, she believes that he is great so he's already scored points in her book...

and taking it up a level & getting all david attenbrough - people are strange creatures, but also work off human instinct... as a species, the female looks for someone who will be a trusted provider (subconsciously most of the time) and the fact that this male has been given the thumbs up as a prospective mate by a rival female (obviously not in direct competition for this man, but still a rival for a partner overall) puts him in good stead..

it's part of the reason that some women find men with a wedding ring more attractive - yes there is the 'harmless' flirting they can do, but instinctively because this man has already been chosen as a good provider, this means they are more likely to be a good catch..

and yet, you think it's all as simple as asking someone for a drink...

Alba

Coach
covertly..

This.. When you're out drinking, girls love chatting to other girls.. So, you befriend them, share a joke or two and then "havvvvve ya met xxxxx" :) my male friend and I went to Darling Harbour bar hopping one night and were just having fun seeing how many numbers I could get on behalf of him. It was quite a high number! Needless to say, he is glad I am back in Sydney :) haha

sportive cupid

Referee
covertly..

...but what about the inevidible question....why dont you want him? O guess you could say he's my brother.But aside from that ...how does one answer without either sounding like
A) he's a dude( something wrong with guy run a mile)
B) insincere( you really fancy him and its bound to get wierd in a bunny boiler way - run a mile)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
...but what about the inevidible question....why dont you want him? O guess you could say he's my brother.But aside from that ...how does one answer without either sounding like
B) insincere( you really fancy him and its bound to get wierd in a bunny boiler way - run a mile)

simple... you have an interstate / international boyfriend..

Alba

Coach

Because he is your friend. Males and females can have friendships without wanting to be with each other, ya know.

I usually say I'm taken anyway if asked (when I was out with my friend, I had my wedding rings on as I was married)..

sportive cupid

Referee
But that would only make it less likely that you'd want to give up a local hottie.

..nah ,I wouldn't believe a girl who told me that.
I'd run a mile from that.

sportive cupid

Referee
Because he is your friend. Males and females can have friendships without wanting to be with each other, ya know.

I usually say I'm taken anyway if asked (when I was out with my friend, I had my wedding rings on as I was married)..
Oh I know men and women can be friends.But its not common,and if I was in a bar wouldnt think my odds were good that I found one ..thats all im saying.
And married women are the most notorious for trying to set up other women as their alibi to be with their male friends.

Boone wants to be a patsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts