What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R1 // Thu // Rabbitohs 28-8 Roosters // ANZ

Round 1: Rabbitohs v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

big hit!

Bench
Unless Walker is a revelation at five eight, I don't think we are going to see what this team can accomplish until about round 16 when Keary is due to return

it's probably not such a bad thing, you know?

as i said, the middle forwards of predominantly the burgii and sutton will get them through the games against most of the chumps in the league.

haven't seen much of Keary in the off-season, but he was a runt last year and I don't think he would've survived the weekly toil of the NRL for 7 months this year.

the regular season is all about getting the necessary wins to make the finals and primarily the top 4.

the finals are about having your best team in their best condition playing their best football.

BranVan3000

Coach
it's probably not such a bad thing, you know?

as i said, the middle forwards of predominantly the burgii and sutton will get them through the games against most of the chumps in the league.

haven't seen much of Keary in the off-season, but he was a runt last year and I don't think he would've survived the weekly toil of the NRL for 7 months this year.

the regular season is all about getting the necessary wins to make the finals and primarily the top 4.

the finals are about having your best team in their best condition playing their best football.

That's right, they learned the hard way last year

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Should be a close first game I say Roosters by 6 and Mitchel Pearce to prove tonight why he should stay in the Origin side and why Reynolds is overated.

SBW to get a try and about 3 try assists on his own so shut your face yous an embarrasment

Hmmmmm

*checks date*

Hmmmmm

*checks game date*

Rendezvous with Daley? Hope he flossed.

Roosters by 14 (late score makes it look more comfortable than it really was)

Noa

First Grade
Do you rate Auva'a?

I did but I didn't see him at all last year.

Going for him is he is good defensively, has good skill and the lines he runs puts most forwards to shame. He'd probably gel better with Keary then with Sutton or walker

Going agsinst him is a lack of real pace which will see him end up in the back row one day.

BranVan3000

Coach
I did but I didn't see him at all last year.

Going for him is he is good defensively, has good skill and the lines he runs puts most forwards to shame. He'd probably gel better with Keary then with Sutton or walker

Going agsinst him is a lack of real pace which will see him end up in the back row one day.

He smashed a couple blokes in the Charity Shield and did look good in defence for mine, wouldn't have played more than ten minutes. His lack of trial minutes has me doubting whether he is that high on Maguires agenda though

BunniesMan

Immortal
Game day. We coming for ya chooks. 8 hours to go until you get what has been headed your way for 6 months.

BranVan3000

Coach
Game day. We coming for ya chooks. 8 hours to go until you get what has been headed your way for 6 months.
You can't win this. You think Roosters or their fans will care if they lose tonight?

The only thing that would matter would be taking the trophy from them this year

Danish

Referee
Standard "SBW is in doubt" rumour has begun doing the rounds...

Now I really know the footy is back :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
I expect Sam Burgess to absolutely launch himself at the opposition. I expect him to pulverise SBW and co into submission. He cannot leave anything on the field.

And I want that for 24 home and away games and 3 finals games.

If he does that I'll forgive him.

You can't win this. You think Roosters or their fans will care if they lose tonight?

The only thing that would matter would be taking the trophy from them this year
They won the premiership in 2013. Good on them, but it's 2014. It's all about getting the 2014 premiership now. If after tonight we are top of the league and they are bottom that's what it's all about.

I fail to see how a Round 1 game will be some form of revenge
It is revenge because chooks can point to what they did 6 months ago but our success will be much more recent.

Grand final rematch to start the season......oh, wait :lol:

Scabs will win and I couldn't care less, being premiers and all and knowing that it isn't how you start but how you finish which is important.

It's f**king hilarious how tonight is life and death for BunniesMan :lol: The ultimate small club syndrome right here. Not even Manly fans are as thirsty as this dude is.

I fail to see how a Round 1 game will be some form of revenge

This is the biggest match of the season for Souffs outside of the Charity Shield, it means the world to them. They're "out for revenge" for a regular season match :lol: I've never come across this before, but it is Souffs after all

Ozzy

First Grade
I expect Sam Burgess to absolutely launch himself at the opposition. I expect him to pulverise SBW and co into submission. He cannot leave anything on the field.

And I want that for 24 home and away games and 3 finals games.

If he does that I'll forgive him.

They won the premiership in 2013. Good on them, but it's 2014. It's all about getting the 2014 premiership now. If after tonight we are top of the league and they are bottom that's what it's all about.

It is revenge because chooks can point to what they did 6 months ago but our success will be much more recent.
:lol: Yes I'm sure he is begging for your forgivness. :lol:

Actually we can point to two weeks ago and say "we became the official best team in the world" while if Souffs win tonight you can say "We're well on the way to back-to-back Ron Coote Cup triumphs" :lol: :lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Chooks by 10 in an absolutely cracking game. Jennings set for a massive year, which hopefully translates to a bumper Origin series for NSW as well.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Actually we can point to two weeks ago and say "we became the official best team in the world" while if Souffs win tonight you can say "We're well on the way to back-to-back Ron Coote Cup triumphs" :lol: :lol:

As much as I hate saying it, you were the best team in the world before then. NRL premiers are the best team in a world. One game against the winners of a vastly inferior competition changes nothing. If youse got belted I'd still say as NRL premiers you're the best in the world. No English club could survive 24 NRL games and 3/4 finals games and still be there in October.