What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R1 // Thu // Rabbitohs 28-8 Roosters // ANZ

Round 1: Rabbitohs v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lockyno1

Post Whore
We will see, he put in a ton of defence but not his usual meters and minutes. Will likely just need time to adjust.

Yep I agree, think that is fitness though. Ideally you want your lock playing 80 minutes or very close to it!

Card Shark

Immortal
Just think if the world was to end right now Souths would be premiers by default. Its probably their best chance of a premiership. Pray for a giant meteor to destroy the earth before the weekend.

A big meteor wizzed past the earth @ 150,000 clicks on Wednesday - it was close - 350,000km away.

Coincidentally, it was the size of a footy field ;-)

Well done to the Rabbits. If I was a Bunnies fan, I'd be organising something to happen to BM to shut him up. Does he not learn??

BunniesMan

Immortal
A big meteor wizzed past the earth @ 150,000 clicks on Wednesday - it was close - 350,000km away.

Coincidentally, it was the size of a footy field ;-)

Well done to the Rabbits. If I was a Bunnies fan, I'd be organising something to happen to BM to shut him up. Does he not learn??

There's a difference between what I say and what people think I say.

I say I expect my team to do better than last year, I get half a dozen horrified replies, as if I said Hitler is a pretty good guy.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I didn't see the game, however glad to hear walker went well. Maybe when keary comes back souths can f**k reynolds off and give the title a real shot.

Roosters' 2014 premiership chances are finished. Put a red line through them, they're done. They will be thereabouts but they don't have what it takes to get across the line again.

Souths on the other hand will take some stopping. Minor Premiers at the least.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Roosters' 2014 premiership chances are finished. Put a red line through them, they're done. They will be thereabouts but they don't have what it takes to get across the line again.

Souths on the other hand will take some stopping. Minor Premiers at the least.

Lucky your name isn't BunniesMan or you'd be crucified for saying that.

Easts are a good team. They'll be in the finals. They'll probably win 1 in September. But they're not going all the way.

We are a better team than 2013 (Sutton in the backrow, Walker/Keary in the halves) and more importantly we are hungrier.

Anything less than a minor premiership and a grand final appearance should be and will be considered a failure.

to_ddeath

Coach
BunniesMan says it on purpose. The dude is a self confessed real life loser that gets off on those dumb predictions.

At least we'll be fighting Souffs for the spoon now.

:lol: you're almost as bad as BM.... Pity I selected 3 too many of your lot in Supercoach last night....

T.

BranVan3000

Coach
Yep I agree, think that is fitness though. Ideally you want your lock playing 80 minutes or very close to it!

He is generally an 80 minute player, match fitness will go a long way. He didn't get to trial there so he started his first go in the forwards against the premiers. Still got 60 minutes out of him

jargan83

Coach
Easts are a good team. They'll be in the finals. They'll probably win 1 in September. But they're not going all the way.

You heard it here Roosters fans.

Your team might as well have it's mad Monday and go on the end of season trip.

Based on round 1 game that the Roosters lost last year as well :crazy:

lockyno1

Post Whore
He is generally an 80 minute player, match fitness will go a long way. He didn't get to trial there so he started his first go in the forwards against the premiers. Still got 60 minutes out of him

I actually 100% agree, just saying over the next lets say 8 weeks he needs to build it up to be an 80 minute player and I'm sure he will.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You heard it here Roosters fans.

Your team might as well have it's mad Monday and go on the end of season trip.

Based on round 1 game that the Roosters lost last year as well :crazy:

It's not based on round 1. It's based on 20 years of history.

If Smith and Slater at their peak when they were arguably the 2 best players in the world couldn't make the Storm go back to back this Easts team won't.

big hit!

Bench

First of all, can we all cut the BS scrum references which mean very little now - there are no such things as locks, second rowers and front rowers & hookers any more - there are edge forwards, middle forwards, props & acting halves. In particular, a player numbered as a lock or second row doesn't tell us where they are on the field.

re Sutton, I wouldn't say that the middle forward has to be an 80 minute player. 60 minutes is a great return. he is primarily attacking and definitely defending between the scrum hash marks now so will go through a lot more work tackling and colliding with bigger players then he ever has. There are very few freaks at that position that play 80 minutes (such as Gallen) and I'd say that those that play as middle forwards and props that don't get a spell for some minutes lose their effectiveness and impact.

with the 4 prop rotation of Sam, George, Tom & one of Tyrell, Luke B, Clark & Neale to be the battering rams up the middle, Sutton can be interchanged primarily with Lowe & Picker as the agile middle forwards. there is no requirement for Sutton to be on the field all the time, and he shouldn't be in his new role.

BranVan3000

Coach
First of all, can we all cut the BS scrum references which mean very little now - there are no such things as locks, second rowers and front rowers & hookers any more - there are edge forwards, middle forwards, props & acting halves. In particular, a player numbered as a lock or second row doesn't tell us where they are on the field.

re Sutton, I wouldn't say that the middle forward has to be an 80 minute player. 60 minutes is a great return. he is primarily attacking and definitely defending between the scrum hash marks now so will go through a lot more work tackling and colliding with bigger players then he ever has. There are very few freaks at that position that play 80 minutes (such as Gallen) and I'd say that those that play as middle forwards and props that don't get a spell for some minutes lose their effectiveness and impact.

with the 4 prop rotation of Sam, George, Tom & one of Tyrell, Luke B, Clark & Neale to be the battering rams up the middle, Sutton can be interchanged primarily with Lowe & Picker as the agile middle forwards. there is no requirement for Sutton to be on the field all the time, and he shouldn't be in his new role.
I think Clark and Grevsmuhl will work best at catering for Suttons role while he is off the field, they should be back in a few weeks. Lowe and Picker work as edge forwards to give McQueen and Teo a breather