What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radradra wants to play for Australia

Kurt Angle

First Grade
This is all England's fault.

It is perfectly rational for someone like Radradra to look at Origin and view it as the ultimate standard of play. Any RL player would say "I want to be part of that".

It is unfortunate that an inter-provincial game is the ultimate, but RFL incompetency, and lesser genetic prowess of your average Englishman, ensures the next highest funded league is still a squalor of mediocrity.

Likewise, as we are allowing PNG and Fiji to gain steam by having resident sides join the lower tier comps and expanding the international game, England cancels games against Wales and France, to play 'Exiles', let alone playing the likes of Fiji ensuring Radradra looks for other teams to play for.

This is 100% England's fault.

Cena

Juniors
Best winger in the world he should be able to play for Australia (like Tuquiri,uate) his a hell of a lot better than Boyd and he'd kill it origin

hutch

First Grade
Best winger in the world he should be able to play for Australia (like Tuquiri,uate) his a hell of a lot better than Boyd and he'd kill it origin

Why should be be able to play for Australia? I'm not following.

goodplayer

Juniors
rush radradra into the blues origin team now lol
to play origin . you must 1st be eligible to play for australia

england are so jelous of origin. poms always blames aussies and origin

sad

roughyedspud

Coach
richard lewis proposed to the RLIF that we bring in tighter eligiblities laws but the aussies & kiwi vetoed it.....

www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/4120376/Grannygate-rerun-ruled-out-but-dispensations-a-possibility

so yeah its clearly englands fault....dickhead

and semi isn't even eligible for origin lol

and england didn't cancel games against france and wales to play the exiles....FRANCE CANCELLED THE TEST V ENGLAND COS THEY STRUGGLED TO PUT TOGETHER A SIDE COS CATALAN PLAYERS WITHDREW LEFT,RIGHT & CENTER..

GET IT f**kING RIGHT MORON!

Last edited:

hutch

First Grade
richard lewis proposed to the RLIF that we bring in tighter eligiblities laws but the aussies & kiwi vetoed it.....

www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/4120376/Grannygate-rerun-ruled-out-but-dispensations-a-possibility

so yeah its clearly englands fault....dickhead

and semi isn't even eligible for origin lol

and england didn't cancel games against france and wales to play the exiles....FRANCE CANCELLED THE TEST V ENGLAND COS THEY STRUGGLED TO PUT TOGETHER A SIDE COS CATALAN PLAYERS WITHDREW LEFT,RIGHT & CENTER..

GET IT f**kING RIGHT MORON!

Yeah but spud, the rfl could counter that by insisting all players are released for tests. They could play the test on a stand alone weekend along with Wales, Scotland etc. England are as much to blame for the lack of mid season test as France are.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Because Fiji is a second-tier rugby league nation he can play for both his home country and still wear the green and gold.

See thats the problem. We need Fiji to play more tests against the big nations.

There are a number of Fijian players running around in first grade and lower grades yet the best ones turn their back and play for Australia.

In Radradra's case he's only eligible under the residence rule and cant play Origin unless they bend the rules which wouldnt surprise me.

RedVee

First Grade
My point is that Radradra isn't even Australian, which should bar him from playing Origin, yet can still play for Australia!

It's the three year residency rule, which is used by most sports. It is ridiculous in his case, he signed a contract to move to Australia, he came here for work. He has already played for Fiji, it shouldn't even be an option.

I'd be happier if it was citizenship rather than 3 years residency that allows selection. At least that is something real. Also, isn't it less than 3 years really? I seem to recall that the 3 years has been reimagined as 3 seasons in a previous example ( that escapes my mind at the moment.. Fein?).

On the other side of the coin I wonder if, as an example, Victorian juniors if they come through to an appropriate standard won't be eligible in a lot of cases for Origin. So, if they are of PI extraction will they gravitate to nominating for NZ or PI representation? In this case (which may never happen granted) the rules may then push Australians away from Australian representation.

The whole eligibility pathways are screwed, still.

deluded pom?

Coach
I'd be happier if it was citizenship rather than 3 years residency that allows selection. At least that is something real. Also, isn't it less than 3 years really? I seem to recall that the 3 years has been reimagined as 3 seasons in a previous example ( that escapes my mind at the moment.. Fein?).

On the other side of the coin I wonder if, as an example, Victorian juniors if they come through to an appropriate standard won't be eligible in a lot of cases for Origin. So, if they are of PI extraction will they gravitate to nominating for NZ or PI representation? In this case (which may never happen granted) the rules may then push Australians away from Australian representation.

Rangi Chase played three seasons rather than three years at Cas' before playing for England.

deluded pom?

Coach
See thats the problem. We need Fiji to play more tests against the big nations.

There are a number of Fijian players running around in first grade and lower grades yet the best ones turn their back and play for Australia.

In Radradra's case he's only eligible under the residence rule and cant play Origin unless they bend the rules which wouldnt surprise me.

Under the current rules if Australia played Fiji, Australia would get first pick and Fiji would be left with the rest. This may only ever affect one or two players but we need to get rid of this first and second tier nations BS. All nations are equal as I see it.

deal.with.it

Juniors
1st and 2nd tiers aren't even in the RLIF rules. It's BS that diesn't exist.
It was suggested last year and journos seem to be running with it.

hutch

First Grade

This has already happened redvee. Mahe fonua and young tonumaipea from the storm were both born, raised and played all rugby league in Victoria and have played for tonga and Samoa respectively.

Latest posts