What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Kent

some11

Referee
I dont feel androgynous people are being represented enough in this moral panic thread.

BranVan3000

Coach
How do you know the person in question likes to be referred to as 'her' and not 'him' ?

You just sterotyped the person yourself right there.

I don't know, you are right. In fact reading up on the person, he is a drag queen rather than a trans gender

However it doesn't change the point of Kent referring to him as an 'it".

Big Sam

First Grade
It's no excuse but Kent's just appealing to the deep-seated prejudices of the average RL supporter.

Judging by the reaction in this thread, I'd say he's succeeded.

Snappy

Coach
what exactly were you looking for in starting this thread ? Everyone to condemn Kent ?

Really, I couldnt give a f**k. Political correctness going overboard IMO.

LazyDreamer

Bench
The PC brigade dive in to compete on who can be the most outraged & holier-than-thou & often miss the point in the process. For example, they consider Kent's use of 'it' to be the offensive thing; woulda thought that questioning whether the bearded freak is even human would be far worse.

Danish

Referee
Why do you keep refering to him as a transgender Bran? He's just a drag queen ain't he?

fourplay

Juniors
I am absolutely disgusted and incredibly offended by Paul Kent's comments. When I heard those words coming from his mouth I couldn't believe it. I got so mad I picked up my cup and smashed it against the wall, then I glassed my significant other, kicked a baby kitten, and then went next door just to verbally abuse my gay neighbour.

Green River Eel

Juniors
No, people are not entitled to treat others like shit based on genders, sexuality, race or religion. And anyone who actually believes that is clearly lacking the educational capacity to understand that words do have power, and the more you call a trans or gay "it" the more it dehumanises them for choices or aspects of their life that have nothing to do with you

Bigots are the lowest of the low. And in a sport that has been promoting support for homosexuality in recent weeks, it is disappointing to see one of the major editors of the game be such a bigot. And it's highly ironic considering its an editor who is constantly pointing out everytihng the NRL administration does wrong for that matter.

Your a complete imbo, get off your soap box, how did he ''treat others like shit'' he had an opinion, an opinion is very different to treating others like shit, suck it up mate, everybody is entitled to be a bigot, its your free right, and kent wasnt even that.
And gays and trans want to be called gay and trans you dope, what world are you living in, calling them gay is like calling me hetro, its blokes like YOU that create this huge stigma by carrying on about it.
You claiming calling gay people gay or trans and claiming it dehumanises them is the real issue, they are just normal people mate, your creating the huge stigma.

Your a complete PC imb, get a life.

Last edited:

Green River Eel

Juniors
Hey Bran you dope, what do you suggest people call ''it'' what should everybody call a man dressed up as a woman with a beard, 'it' is just about the most appropriate thing i can think of, im sure the average person would be very confused as what to call it, even your confused as you were referring to it as trans gender, which its clearly not, so its ok for you to be confused, but its not ok for paul kent to be confused?

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's no excuse but Kent's just appealing to the deep-seated prejudices of the average RL supporter.

Judging by the reaction in this thread, I'd say he's succeeded.

He didn't throw "Mediterranean_Descendant" in the descriptor?most disappointed, not like a white middle aged Australian male to miss out on an opportunity to throw in a bit of racism when the opportunity to disparage someone different presents itself.

Cena

Juniors
Picture of transgender Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst came up in a segment on NRL 360

Conchita-Wurst.jpg

Paul Kent's comment "It's that thing from Eurovision. Is that a person? I think its a person"

Keep it classy, Kent :-k

What's he meant to call the thing?

Someone

Bench
Im disgusted. And completely shattered. what is humanity coming to?

Why cant we just let a man, who told it how it was, live in peace.

Surrogate

Juniors
Why was Paul Kent watching Eurovision and why does the bearded lady bother him so much?
There are a lot of women who suffer from polycystic ovaries and the last thing they need is a bully like Paul Kent making fun of them.

Snappy

Coach
Why was Paul Kent watching Eurovision and why does the bearded lady bother him so much?
There are a lot of women who suffer from polycystic ovaries and the last thing they need is a bully like Paul Kent making fun of them.

oh ffs :roll: