What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Amazing how the swans can just keep rolling over deals with qbe. Citi and vw. Every single year on massive coin

They make the CEOs club ambassadors I think to keep them happy

Maybe we could learn a thing or 2 here.

cooko

Juniors
Amazing how the swans can just keep rolling over deals with qbe. Citi and vw. Every single year on massive coin

They make the CEOs club ambassadors I think to keep them happy

Maybe we could learn a thing or 2 here.

Roosters have picked up QBE this year so maybe they have.

Who is the longest serving current sponsor? Is it Toyota with the Cowboys?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
St George bank have been on board a while I think probably longer than Toyota

I remember Hyundai made a big song and dance when the dogs and Carlton blues afl won their respective grand finals in 1995 I think and they were major sponsor of both.

Funny thing is Hyundai stuck with Carlton for 20 years, but brushed Canterbury 2 years later

RL to this day needs to learn how to keep sponsors

beave

Coach
I think St George bank have been a sleeve sponsor for a while but main jersey sponsor since 2004.

Toyota have been our main jersey sponsor since 2003.

beave

Coach
You talking main or sleeve sponsor mate (st george)?

Yeah Vodafone would def be the longest jersey sponsor

Stinkler

Juniors
My idea to reduce the number of jerseys that clubs have (but only by 1)

The jersey that clubs wear in the 9s must be their "alternate/away" jersey for the NRL season.
They can change them every year if they want to.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd be ok with four. Home, alternate, nines and special. After that they can produce as many one offs or training jerseys as they like but not play an nrl game in them.

End of day if fans want to buy different designs etc then silly not to give them some choice.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Current front of jersey sponsor lengths (off the top of my head):

Warriors - Vodafone - since 1999
Cowboys - Toyota - since 2003
Dragons - St George Bank - since 2004
Bulldogs - Jaycar - since 2009
Rabbitohs - DeLonghi (away) - since 2009
Roosters - Steggles - since 2010
Broncos - NRMA Insurance - since 2011
Sea Eagles - Kaspersky - since 2011
Storm - Crown - since 2011
Tigers - Meriton - since 2011
Raiders - Huawei - since 2012
Panthers - Oak - since 2012
Eels - Dyldam - since 2014
Rabbitohs - Crown (home) - since 2014
Knights - newpave - new in 2015

Sharks - no sponsor
Titans - no sponsor

rabbitohs95

Bench

Sharks - no sponsor
Titans - no sponsor

That deal ended this year, now we have Fujitsu (away) and Crown Resorts (home) as our only main sponsors

St George bank have been on board a while I think probably longer than Toyota

I remember Hyundai made a big song and dance when the dogs and Carlton blues afl won their respective grand finals in 1995 I think and they were major sponsor of both.

Funny thing is Hyundai stuck with Carlton for 20 years, but brushed Canterbury 2 years later

RL to this day needs to learn how to keep sponsors

To be fair, you're talking about 1997. League teams were on the nose in the SL war.

LJC

Juniors
Way too many jersey styles fellas!

It does have a negative on gaining new fans as it adds to confusion and frustrates many existing fans.

Yes their are fans that want new styles all the time but the longer term damage done by continual changing of jerseys is bigger than the short term buck made out of a "new" style jersey!

It's a real problem . The GTR'glorified training run'(AFL) don't mess with their jerseys for the most part and this is why they don't mess with them . They know that fans have an attachment to the club jersey and it confuses fans new to the game! Simple as that.

macavity

Referee

Sharks - no sponsor
Titans - no sponsor

A real who's who of major international and Australian companies.

And newpave.

mt.wellington

Juniors
Total merchandise isnt just jerseys but all training gear, flags, etc. As far as jerseys go the Warriors sell on average 40,000 a year. A YEAR! Thats more than all the Super 15 teams combined.

Other teams may have stadiums full of jersey wearing fans but how many are new season jerseys? How many teams make completely different jerseys to lure in more punters hard earned cash? Go compare your clubs apparel with the Warriors and tell me they dont make more stuff. Nobody does it better (heritage wise worse!). You look at the U20's training jersey last year or the 2013 Terminator looking home jersey. Thats tailored directly at kids and they sell almost as many kids jerseys as they do adults.

I understand the skepticism as 76.42% of all stats are made up on the spot but I assure you that those were the figures told to members at the 2013 members only forum by the Warriors CEO. I have the whole thing taped on soundcloud if anyone is interested...

A real who's who of major international and Australian companies.

And newpave.

hahahah

monies green man.

or red, ad yellow. and green. here

in any case. im hoping the sharks get a sponsor before round one but im confident itll all work out because we have someone professional involved rather than the last 10 years of dross

Canard

Immortal
Total merchandise isnt just jerseys but all training gear, flags, etc. As far as jerseys go the Warriors sell on average 40,000 a year. A YEAR! Thats more than all the Super 15 teams combined.

Other teams may have stadiums full of jersey wearing fans but how many are new season jerseys? How many teams make completely different jerseys to lure in more punters hard earned cash? Go compare your clubs apparel with the Warriors and tell me they dont make more stuff. Nobody does it better (heritage wise worse!). You look at the U20's training jersey last year or the 2013 Terminator looking home jersey. Thats tailored directly at kids and they sell almost as many kids jerseys as they do adults.

I understand the skepticism as 76.42% of all stats are made up on the spot but I assure you that those were the figures told to members at the 2013 members only forum by the Warriors CEO. I have the whole thing taped on soundcloud if anyone is interested...

You do realise that other teams have multiple jerseys? Training gear, And themed ones aimed at kids?

I'm not doubting the Warriors jersey sales, just the market share of two club being 40%. I reckon he meant NZ domestic sales.

Patorick

Staff member
Found on ebay.

Not sure if it's official.

$_57.JPG

Manly Heritage 2015.