What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne to the NFL!

Will Jarryd Hayyne make it in the NFL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderdan

Bench
Yeah but that's the point - Isles was physically superior to most (all?) NFL players when it came to speed. They wouldn't have even looked at him if he wasn't. And being a Yank he would certainly have played American football as a kid.
what's the point - that hayne is big compared to isles? given how easily hayne put on and took off chunks of weight in previous off-seasons i'm not sure his mass is all quality (i think there was a recent snippet about him saying how he had beefed up heaps which i am pretty sure wouldn't be good mass given the short time frame it took, unless he was juiced up).

the comparison to isles is this - the detroit lions approached him to try out because the lions saw something. hayne approached the lions with his new usa manager saying look at me and the lions have said what the hell? let's see how he goes. like they have done with a heap of other athletes before.

like i said elsewhere, if he makes it i am happy to say i was wrong. and by making it i mean he gets signed to a proper contract that goes beyond this year and doesn't see him sitting on the sidelines doing nothing.

spiderdan

Bench
Is Isles that much of a "freak", though?

He's lightning, but for a small guy, he's not especially agile (I've seen him lose his footing while trying to step), and given his frame, he's not powerful.

Hayne, on the other hand...
his raw numbers in a number of athletic tests say he is. his agility won't be shown in 7s as it's a game with heaps of space so quick players tend to go around defenders rather than need to show agility. i'd be very interested to see how his agility is but i don't think there's any combine numbers for him in that test. the other thing is that the faster someone runs the less agile they can be. all those steps and turns and crap you see players do tend to happen well before a player gets anywhere near their top speed.

They cut Isles when they realised he wasn't British, and consequently couldn't use all the bullshit their marketing guys had prepared.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
like i said elsewhere, if he makes it i am happy to say i was wrong. and by making it i mean he gets signed to a proper contract that goes beyond this year and doesn't see him sitting on the sidelines doing nothing.

He has zero experience and is now in his late 20s. If he even gets a training contract it means he is above the physical standard.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Carlin Isles is a donkey who plays shits and giggles sevens Rugby against unemployed amatuers and potato farmers,Jarryd Hayne is actually a proper professional Rugby player.

Never disrespect the chosen one by comparing him to this donkey

Daneel

Bench
I think they may still have been hoping he would be back sooner rather than later or not at all lol

Daneel

Bench
Precisely why I hope he makes it in the nfl or at least burns up what years he has left trying as I don't want to see him playing against the eels

bartman

Immortal
If Hayne ends up at the Dogs in 2016 will he be hated as much as Jamie Lyon?
If it ends up he walked out on his final year with us only to sign a new NRL contract next year with someone else, then he should be. It will be exactly the same circumstance as Lyon.

But people here will continue to look at Hayne through the rose-coloured glasses of his media hyped "NFL Dream". So they'll probably make excuses for Hayne while still wanting to throw 10c coins at Lyon... hypocisy is a funny thing!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If it ends up he walked out on his final year with us only to sign a new NRL contract next year with someone else, then he should be. It will be exactly the same circumstance as Lyon.

But people here will continue to look at Hayne through the rose-coloured glasses of his media hyped "NFL Dream". So they'll probably make excuses for Hayne while still wanting to throw 10c coins at Lyon... hypocisy is a funny thing!
So Hayne walked on the Eels after round 1???

I think he left the club in the lurch but you can't compare what he did and what Lyon did, It's not like we let Hoppa go before Hayne decided to leave like Lyon did after we lost Tonga. Hayne must have ran over your dog or never signed your autograph book or something.

Daneel

Bench
So Hayne walked on the Eels after round 1???

I think he left the club in the lurch but you can't compare what he did and what Lyon did, It's not like we let Hoppa go before Hayne decided to leave like Lyon did after we lost Tonga. Hayne must have ran over your dog or never signed your autograph book or something.

Probably tried to pick him up and got rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.