What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feedback Query - 'Interstate' Forum restructure proposal

The Partisan

Hi All,

I have asked the Site Administrators to consider splitting the 'Interstate Rugby League' into the below sub forums

- a 'State of Origin' specific sub forum for use all year round

(For information purely related to the State of Origin series – past, present and future)

- an All States Representative Games specific sub forum

(For information related to all levels of Interstate clashes e.g. Residents; Women’s; Tertiary, Schoolboys; Affiliated States and also all levels of any International clashes involving individual states or a combined team e.g. from the recent past ~ NSW tour of South Africa; Combined Affiliated States visit to Cook Islands )

- a State Leagues General News section sub forum

(For information internally related to the home competitions of the respective States including QLD and NSW.
(This would cover in Qld - the Intrust Super Cup; BRL; BRL 2nd Division; Country ~ Regional Championships; District Leagues)
(In NSW – City / Country; NSW Cup, Ron Massey Cup, Sydney Shield, Sydney Districts A – Grade; Country ~ Regional Championships; District Leagues)
(In the Affiliated States – any and all past and present internal news of a club and representative nature e.g. Selection trials; Exhibition games)

My reasoning was that the threads related to non-Origin issues possibly get lost in the high volume of Origin traffic especially when the talk of Origin is at its peak.

Very much aware that State of Origin is the highpoint of our domestic calendar – but also believe that the other tiers deserve to have their stories seen and discussed as well.

Happy to hear any feedback or alternative opinions.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps just an origin forum and the rest can stay where it is?

elbusto

Coach
If we really want to be a national game we could start by having specific discussion areas for different States. Victoria needs its own thread.

The Partisan

If we really want to be a national game we could start by having specific discussion areas for different States. Victoria needs its own thread.

No can't agree with you on this Elbusto. Just not enough traffic / comment for the individual Affiliated States to have their own thread.

elbusto

Coach
Start small and you stay small.

My view is that you open a thread for each State and give the local officials the details and get them to start throwing stuff at it. I did it for the TRL for four years. It can be done.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I do think State of Origin should be a separate forum to everything else.

Don't mind about the rest but it'd be better long term if each smaller state has it's own forum and members from those states were mods of them, it might encourage them to keep them updated with info.

elbusto

Coach
I do think State of Origin should be a separate forum to everything else.

Don't mind about the rest but it'd be better long term if each smaller state has it's own forum and members from those states were mods of them, it might encourage them to keep them updated with info.

Well here is a dumb suggestion. Provide people with an avenue to promote the game outside NSW and QLD, encourage them to do so and see what happens.

DUUUUURRRRHHH!!

FFS Rugby Lexague. WAKE UP!

The Partisan

Any chance of this occurring administrators ?

Genuinely believe that a stand alone Origin forum should be formed at the very least.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I think this site has far too many forums as it is. There should just be 1 rep forum that has everything else within it.

bluey

Bench
Go south far enough and you will get there.
Although when I wanted to head north to cairns I ended up in Darwin , in my defence I blame two hot chicks in a combi

Last edited:

The Partisan

Ok ...so round one of the Origin out of the way.....and the conversation petering out.....:D

However we now turn our attention to the Four States contesting the Affiliated States Championship next weekend in Darwin.

I expect the ASC thread on this forum to go into meltdown with all the traffic ......:pray:

The Partisan

Just revitalising this idea prior to the 2016 season sneaking up on us !

Moderators ..I honestly believe the concept has some appeal and would create better 'traffic' flow for the respective subject matters.

If you don't see a change to the current format occurring I'd be interested in the reasoning for this decision.

Y'all be good now ya hear :D