What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic World

Binga

Juniors
Movie was great, so much better than number 2 & 3. It even received a round of applause at the end of the movie by the people in the cinema

18to87

First Grade
SPOILERS

I thought it was great. Other than the general sense that the main four characters were never going to be killed and what was given away in the trailers, I found it to be unpredictable.

Really not sure where Spielberg could take another one...the dinosaurs being used in the military idea seems like it wouldn't work and it seems to be back exactly where it was after the original.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just got back from it and loved it.

SPOILERS

As with all 3 previous films I must say the Raptors are the highlight.
I loved how they turned on the humans but, as cool as it was, there wasn't really much shown that got them back against the D-Rex.

Generalzod

Immortal
Just got back from it and loved it.

SPOILERS

As with all 3 previous films I must say the Raptors are the highlight.
I loved how they turned on the humans but, as cool as it was, there wasn't really much shown that got them back against the D-Rex.

Was it as action packed as mad max???

tumbidragon

First Grade
Really good movie! As others have stated, some of the kills are pretty brutal, certainly not what you'd expect from a PG-13 film. Starlord was awesome, as was the Indominus-Rex (pretty bad arse creature villain)
Loved all the fan service moments. Only problem was the cg. Was pretty dodgy imo.

7/10.

P.s
SPOILER ALERT!!

f**k you Mosasaur you kill stealing jerk lol. That kill belonged to the old girl!

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
I thought it was pretty average, very predictable storyline which pretty much followed the formula of the first film

Parra

Referee
It was a remake. 13 year olds don't seem to mind at all - movie went down a treat for them. It certainly had more kills that I'd expect for this type of film.

Tommax25

Bench
My favourite scene was when the bird dinosaurs are attacking the tourists and it is absolute mayhem. There's a shot of one guy taking the time to carefully pick up both his margaritas and making sure not to spill as he escapes. I was dying hahahaha!

Parra

Referee
Noticed him as well.

Bit of a big plot hole though. Those aggro birds just disappeared after that.

alien

Referee
"Imagine if we'd have had these at Tora Bora".

Watched it tonight in the V-Max cinema at Macarthur Square.

obama-reddit-ama-not-bad.jpg

legend

Coach
SPOILER ALERT!

They shot the birds down I thought? I thought the movie was fantastic. The best scene was when Chris Pratt was on his bike and Raptors are about to get released for the hunt.

Had a slight feel to Aliens IMO with the tracking of the soldiers heart rate etc.

I would definitely watch it again.

whall15

Coach
Haven't seen it but I'm surprised that Chris Pratt seems to be a star these days.

Always struck me as the least talented actor on Parks and Recreation, and I quite liked Andy.

Zoidberg

First Grade
SPOILER ALERT!

They shot the birds down I thought? I thought the movie was fantastic. The best scene was when Chris Pratt was on his bike and Raptors are about to get released for the hunt.

Had a slight feel to Aliens IMO with the tracking of the soldiers heart rate etc.

I would definitely watch it again.

I think the plot hole is that they weren't laying all over the ground for the finale. They may have been cleaned up by another group though. Pretty sure it was in the same place.

Danish

Referee
Saw it on the weekend and absolutely loved it.

I really like that they didn't try to go for the stupid "gritty" reboot that so many franchises try for these days. The opening 30 minutes where we follow the excited kid travelling to the park then arriving and experiencing all the attractions, sites, and sounds of the park truly had me feeling like a 10 year old kid again. Serious waves of nostalgia for my old love of dinosaurs and it truly captured the amount of awe that would come with visiting the park if it actually existed.

I thought the CGI was actually pretty decent for the most part, although the only time it was really let down was some of the raptor scenes and the Mosasaur looked a bit rubbish whenever it left the water. The CG aerial shot panning over the entire park was spectacular though.

I think the early reviewers have missed the boat on this one assuming it was going to be a dud and scrambling to be the first on the FAIL train. I suppose they are the same jackasses that vote for dialogue heavy lefty garbage like Crash to win Oscars though.

It was a great movie in my books and IMO is going to go close to breaking the all time box office record (its already netted over $500 million from its opening weekend alone). I am honestly tempted to go back and watch it again at the movies, which is something I haven't done since the original Jurassic Park as a kid.

Danish

Referee
I think the plot hole is that they weren't laying all over the ground for the finale. They may have been cleaned up by another group though. Pretty sure it was in the same place.

It was the same place, so yeah you'd have expected to spot a few. IMO a bigger plot point would be that you'd have to think more than a few of them survived and just kept on flying through to the mainland. Its only a few miles after all and those things were huge.

Or, more to the point, why the bloody hell were they breeding so many of the f**kers in the first place? The aviary wasn't featured as an attraction, and with every other carnivore they only have a few living examples. I see no reason why they'd think having hundreds of enormous flying man eaters would be a good idea.

elyod138

Bench
Haven't seen it but I'm surprised that Chris Pratt seems to be a star these days.

Always struck me as the least talented actor on Parks and Recreation, and I quite liked Andy.

Really? He has always been brilliant on Parks and Recs, his comedic ability is up there with the best.

whall15

Coach
Really? He has always been brilliant on Parks and Recs, his comedic ability is up there with the best.

Behind Ron Swanson, April and Leslie Knope from a comedic perspective for mine.

I think that Ann, Ben and Chris showed more acting ability as well.

It also doesn't help that Guardians of the Galaxy was basically Bert Macklin: Spaceman.

Latest posts