What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
no one hammered the Dogs when they withdrew the Fifita offer.sopposedky because they couldn't come U with the massive TPAs needed

I think you will find that the Dogs withdrew their offer for Fifita because they offered him an 800k a season deal and when the deal came through to Fifita it was $500k under the cap and $300k TPA. Fifita currently played for a club where that sort of TPA was a pipe dream, so he was very wary of signing and backed away from the deal.

I'm sure the Dogs would have been sweet with finding the TPA for him though.

says who ?

we sell more papers and clicks than any other team, as long as this continues why should we give them more opportunities to misinterpret and write more speculation. If Sharpie turns up for their sledge session, they will only focus on the negatives so he is on a hiding to nothing, then the press articles and speculation will happen from there

If we issue MRs like every other club, we control what is written

yeah, that'll happen

lol, do you believe in the tooth fairy as well ?

this is the media we are talking about, they want our blood

Its actually a pretty smart thing to do atm, why do we need to continually be on the back page of every newspaper ?

They will never write anything positive about us as that doesn't sell chip wrappers.

Nobody is asking for us to be continually on the back page of every paper. It's the communication with fans that is sorely lacking. Also, if the plumber had a interview lined up then cancels with the promise to
Come back in the following week but doesn't honour it. It's unprofessional. Yes it might be 2sm but every little bit of promotion helps and gains respect. But now the plumber is looking even worse after all this. It looks cowardly.

If we take your dim view of the media then they'll smash us at every point. Not good for fans not good for sponsors. Both papers and all TV networks turned against us. If that does not sound alarm bells then your living in the same plumbing cocoon as your mate Sharpie.

Last edited:

Bigfella

Coach
It's the right thing to do to say quiet because the people who could possibly say anything are completely useless and will only make it worse.

ash411

Bench
Nobody is asking for us to be continually on the back page of every paper. It's the communication with fans that is sorely lacking. Also, if the plumber had a interview lined up then cancels with the promise to
Come back in the following week but doesn't honour it. It's unprofessional. Yes it might be 2sm but every little bit of promotion helps and gains respect. But now the plumber is looking even worse after all this. It looks cowardly.

If we take your dim view of the media then they'll smash us at every point. Not good for fans not good for sponsors. Both papers and all TV networks turned against us. If that does not sound alarm bells then your living in the same plumbing cocoon as your mate Sharpie.

As opposed to now, with us being the darlings of every media outlet. You can't throw a rock without hitting a positive article about Parramatta, the streets are littered with them.

When a lynch mob is chasing you, you don't come out to meet them carrying a rope.

Staying out of the media is the best thing for us, he shouldn't have made any appointments in the first place, until everything has been settled and the club is getting back on track to normalcy.

ash411

Bench
Hey champ!! Settle down you death rider! Our chairman had an emergency at Hospital. Apparently the hospital had a major sewerage leak in the pipes. The chairman rushed over to the hospital and got the job done!!!

By the way, and I'm surprised no one has done this before.

Steve Sharp aside. What the hell problem do you have with tradespeople? What is it that makes you think they are not capable of running a business? Most (if not all) of them do run a business, many of them turning over quite a lot of money, many have employees under them, and manage to do pretty damn well for themselves.

Are you some form of elitist that thinks that just because these people learnt a trade and decided to make a living from that (and often building successful businesses off that skill) that they aren't worthy of sitting on the board of a leagues club?

I have friends (and family members) that have done quite well out of being trade people, growing themselves quite successful businesses, and are in fact very smart and have extremely good business instincts.

So I ask again, what's your beef with tradies? Are just a massive snob? Or were you slighted by one at some point?

By the way, and I'm surprised no one has done this before.

Steve Sharp aside. What the hell problem do you have with tradespeople? What is it that makes you think they are not capable of running a business? Most (if not all) of them do run a business, many of them turning over quite a lot of money, many have employees under them, and manage to do pretty damn well for themselves.

Are you some form of elitist that thinks that just because these people learnt a trade and decided to make a living from that (and often building successful businesses off that skill) that they aren't worthy of sitting on the board of a leagues club?

I have friends (and family members) that have done quite well out of being trade people, growing themselves quite successful businesses, and are in fact very smart and have extremely good business instincts.

So I ask again, what's your beef with tradies? Are just a massive snob? Or were you slighted by one at some point?

Yes to all those questions...I am anti tradies. You guessed it. You're so smart.

ash411

Bench
Yes to all those questions...I am anti tradies. You guessed it. You're so smart.

No I'm serious... why do you harp on about him being a plumber all the time? Like that is the defining characteristic that makes him incompetent?

I really wanna know, leave the sarcasm at the door, and actually answer the question.

Bigfella

Coach
I know it's very subtle and hard to follow but I think you'll find it's an ironic reference to his lack of qualifications to be on the board of a professional sporting organisation.

And it's been proven to be comprehensively true in recent weeks.

I know it's very subtle and hard to follow but I think you'll find it's an ironic reference to his lack of qualifications to be on the board of a professional sporting organisation.

And it's been proven to be comprehensively true in recent weeks.

Lol..... he thinks I hate tradies :lol: too funny.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Most of my mates are tradies, chippys, sparkies, plumbers, tilers etc etc. a couple of them have thriving businesses. Doesn't mean I would let any of them anywhere near a multi million dollar business like the Parramatta Eels.

Gronk

Staff member
Sharp gave the tools away ages ago and is now a senior public servant. Why is his former occupation relevant ? Lindsay Fox used to be a truck driver. Frank Lowy a mailman. Mark Bouros worked in Macdonalds. Greg Foran packed shelves at Woolies and is now CEO Walmart. I could go on.

No I am not comparing Sharp with the above merkins, so don't get a boner Jake.

Avenger

Immortal
In my line of work I come across many people who I'd love to buy at what they are really worth and sell them and what they think they are worth. Great way to make money. Recently I met with a CEO of a large corporation. He basically had no idea and I was amazed how his firm didn't realise. I hear now he is out on his ear despite having formal qualifications, degrees et al. In short some of the brightest people I have come across have no formal qualifications. The best however, that I have experienced and had the privilege of working for was a woman. She did have a law degree and was to this date the sharpest boss I have worked for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts