What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels V Tigers game thread.

Incorrect

Coach
While our left side attack might be going great guns, I hope they start doing some work on the right side attack. It was awful, passes going behind players, poor Burreta tonight, he copped some awful service from his inside men. Hoppa will help there.

Norman needs to get some focus back on his footy. He seemed to be doing a lot of talking/whingeing at he refs tonight. He's not captain when Mannah is off is he? I thought Mannah was very good when he came back on in the 2nd half.

emjaycee

Coach
Don't care how we did it.
Just watched the game live from the middle of the South Pacific on the Carnival Spirit. Love technology.

Go Parra.

Incorrect

Coach
Will Taka be looking at a week off for the late shoulder charge on Tedesco I wonder.

On Tedesco, credit where it's due, he made a lot of our blokes look like they'd never made a rugby league tackle in their lives tonight. Dangerous every time he had the ball. Dunno if it says more about him (ie good) or us (ie bad)!!!!!!

Well, the refs may have had a cheeky punt on us, but a win's a win.

Also, this system where the ref has to send it upstairs as 'try or no try' is f**king brilliant. I dunno what anyone was complaining about.

Will Taka be looking at a week off for the late shoulder charge on Tedesco I wonder.

On Tedesco, credit where it's due, he made a lot of our blokes look like they'd never made a rugby league tackle in their lives tonight. Dangerous every time he had the ball. Dunno if it says more about him (ie good) or us (ie bad)!!!!!!

On one of the replays it looked to me like Taka had stopped and merely braced himself for impact. Will probably get a week or two even so.

And we may have been (no, were) shit at times, but Tedesco is a gun.

Chipmunk

Coach

He might not have made as many breaks if the first bloke he ran into everytime wasn't Sandow

Joely01

Bench
Last year we don't win that game.

Yes it was ugly and wasn't the best performance but it was good to see our club win a game where we play average for about 60 minutes of the game.
This side has changed so much this year, Watmough is such a great addition to this side.
The last couple of weeks he has really stood up.

Semi is just unstoppable

Someone

Bench
Only reason we won was because of semi.

and I cant wait to see the end of sandows reign at this club. he wasn't even trying in defence tonight. and if he kicks that goal at the end it makes my 30-16 prediction spot on.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
During the 1st half I started deeply contemplating (praying) during the game because we were so awful and fell asleep only to wake up after 11.00pm. Remembered focusing a lot on Semi and messing with the heads of the referees before I nodded off. Good to see Semi and the refs bringing us home off the back of another outstanding game from Watmough, Wicks and Mannah. After this experience, over the next two weeks I will focus more on these out of body experiences when we play competition leaders "The Bye", "The Referees" and "The Dogs".

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
You can tell how much we miss Peats. De Gois looked slow tonight out of dummy half, at times when it was needed.

I think the difference from last year to this year was in these sort of games we tend to grind our way out of it with simple plays and good hit ups from our forwards. If a try is being scored, then we're mentally switched on again.

It is ugly but we'll learn from this each week. Having Watmough and Wicks there really helps.

cv8z

Juniors
Only reason we won was because of semi.

and I cant wait to see the end of sandows reign at this club. he wasn't even trying in defence tonight. and if he kicks that goal at the end it makes my 30-16 prediction spot on.

Cost me 13-19 margin @$5-1

During the 1st half I started deeply contemplating (praying) during the game because we were so awful and fell asleep only to wake up after 11.00pm. Remembered focusing a lot on Semi and messing with the heads of the referees before I nodded off. Good to see Semi and the refs bringing us home off the back of another outstanding game from Watmough, Wicks and Mannah. After this experience, over the next two weeks I will focus more on these out of body experiences when we play competition leaders "The Bye", "The Referees" and "The Dogs".

These comments come as a result of drug abuse.

Latest posts