What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bronco slump has begun

Spot On

Coach
When do Brisbane go from being 'a young team'? Seems like they've been a 'young team' since 2010.

Had a giggle at that one as well. A fair few old farts in the Brissy side. Clutching at straws to blame youth for being beaten by the Dogs, a team with a very ordinary 6, 7 and 9.

Shorty

Staff member
Had a giggle at that one as well. A fair few old farts in the Brissy side. Clutching at straws to blame youth for being beaten by the Dogs, a team with a very ordinary 6, 7 and 9.
I'm glad you had a 'giggle', who are the old farts? Any of them in the 6, 7, 1 & 9?
Btw I'm a Cows fan and intensely dislike the Broncos.

Very ordinary? Didn't some of these guys represent NSW?

Seems like you just want to blindly bash without objection, go right ahead, Sir.

Spot On

Coach
I'm glad you had a 'giggle', who are the old farts? Any of them in the 6, 7, 1 & 9?
Btw I'm a Cows fan and intensely dislike the Broncos.

Very ordinary? Didn't some of these guys represent NSW?

Seems like you just want to blindly bash without objection, go right ahead, Sir.

Hi Shorty

In you post you wrote, "I caught the first half of the game and was surprised to hear they'd lost, their defence looked stoic and the attack crisp, but this is typically what you'd expect of a young team that has had a relatively easy draw up until now."

You never pointed out specific players ie 1,6,7,and 9 being the "young team" you referred to. Yes/No???? Were you meaning to say that only the 1,6,7 and 9 defence was stoic and attack crisp?? Yes/ No? Or were you referring to the whole Broncs outfit???? Yes/No?

However, since you brought it up, the Broncos no 1 Darius Boyd is 28 and played 215 games, Milford 21 and 62 games, Hunt 25 and 134 games and McCullough is 25 and played 165 games.

The Canterbury no 1 Brett Morris is 28 and played 180 games, Mbye, is 21 years old and played 26 first grade games, Trent Hodkinson is 26 and played 113 games and Michael Liccha is 22 and played 35 games.

So there's hardly any difference in age between the 1, 6 and 7 in both sides from Friday night but there is a pretty big difference in age and experience in the vital no 9 jersey in favour of the Broncos. Not only that, the Broncs have more experience in the 1,6 and 7 jumpers too.

The above Brisbane spine has accumulated 576 first grade games experience and the Dogs had 354 games.

So, were you referring to Brisbane spine being "young" in terms of age or experience?? Because they had an older and more experienced spine than the Dogs did on Friday night. Yes/No???

Also, could you tell me when Liccha and Mbye have played Origin??? I said the Dogs have an ordinary 6, 7 and 9. Do you disagree? Hodkinson has had a few games at origin level but do you rate him in the top 8 halfbacks in the comp?? Liccha is yet to show any signs of being a truly great player and is still trying to establish himself in his club side. Mbye has been dropped by Des and then recalled, as have Hodkinson (and Reynolds) so I wouldn't say their form has been good enough to give the coach a clear idea of who should play from week to week. In fact, Hodko has been let go so that's how highly Des rates him.

And finally, Brisbane have old farts Sam Thaiday 30, Corey Parker 33 and Justin Hodges 33. Hardly at the beginning of the careers or young in footballing terms. Yes/No????

Blindly bash without objection??? Surely not, sir. As a Cowboys fan it is understandable you may have missed the above facts.

Hehe.

Last edited:
Hi Shorty

In you post you wrote, "I caught the first half of the game and was surprised to hear they'd lost, their defence looked stoic and the attack crisp, but this is typically what you'd expect of a young team that has had a relatively easy draw up until now."

You never pointed out specific players ie 1,6,7,and 9 being the "young team" you referred to. Yes/No???? Were you meaning to say that only the 1,6,7 and 9 defence was stoic and attack crisp?? Yes/ No? Or were you referring to the whole Broncs outfit???? Yes/No?

However, since you brought it up, the Broncos no 1 Darius Boyd is 28 and played 215 games, Milford 21 and 62 games, Hunt 25 and 134 games and McCullough is 25 and played 165 games.

The Canterbury no 1 Brett Morris is 28 and played 180 games, Mbye, is 21 years old and played 26 first grade games, Trent Hodkinson is 26 and played 113 games and Michael Liccha is 22 and played 35 games.

So there's hardly any difference in age between the 1, 6 and 7 in both sides from Friday night but there is a pretty big difference in age and experience in the vital no 9 jersey in favour of the Broncos. Not only that, the Broncs have more experience in the 1,6 and 7 jumpers.

The above Brisbane spine has accumulated 576 first grade games experience and the Dogs had 354 games.

So, were you referring to Brisbane spine being "young" in terms of age or experience?? Because they had an older and more experienced spine than the Dogs did on Friday night. Yes/No???

Also, could you tell me when Liccha and Mbye have played Origin??? I said the Dogs have an ordinary 6, 7 and 9. Do you disagree? Hodkinson has had a few games at origin level but do you rate him in the top 8 halfbacks in the comp?? Liccha is yet to show any signs of being a truly great player and is still trying to establish himself in his club side. Mbye has been dropped by Des and then recalled, as have Hodkinson (and Reynolds) so I wouldn't say their form has given the coach the best idea of who should play from week to week. In fact, Hodko has been let go so that's how highly des rates him.

And finally, Brisbane have old farts Sam Thaiday 30, Corey Parker 33 and Justin Hodges 33. Hardly at the beginning of the careers or young in footballing terms. Yes/No????

Blindly bash without objection??? Surely not, sir. As a Cowboys fan it is understandable you may have missed the above facts.

Hehe.

You are really going to cop it for this part "sir"

Snappy

Coach
It's a funny time of year. Fans of teams that have no chance of finals, have nothing better to do than try and lay crap on the top teams.

Let them have it, it's all they have.

Spot On

Coach
lol I haven't even bothered, I don't have time to read that drivel:lol:

Naw, c'mon Shorty you've had enough time to come back and reply. You had a go but were shot down. Pick yourself up and clarify the points you made that were incorrect. I particularly liked your confusion over Mbye and Liccha playing Origin this year!

You can do better madam!

Last edited: