What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

BlueandGold

Juniors
if they build another level of seats at each end of parra stadium, and make it so the seats go right around on the top level, the capacity would be at least 30,000

ue8d.jpg

Nah mate thats old.

rixwo.jpg

Thats better.

Tinkler

Juniors
You did not explain why you placed Iraq in the NRL ?

since when did NRL expand into Iraq ?

How are we going to sort out the logistics and safety ?

BlueandGold

Juniors
You did not explain why you placed Iraq in the NRL ?

since when did NRL expand into Iraq ?

How are we going to sort out the logistics and safety ?

800px-Estadio_Nueva_Condomina.jpg

Another suitable stadium, this time without that Irag symbol on it.

Its a stadium in Spain, Spain is fine surly? :lol:

Tinkler

Juniors
sydney stadiums all need a retractable roof.

Sydney crowds are soft and wont watch in the rain or cold like melbourne.

we like our comfort

BlueandGold

Juniors
sydney stadiums all need a retractable roof.

Sydney crowds are soft and wont watch in the rain or cold like melbourne.

we like our comfort

I agree.

Btw it took me over 2 hours to get home from ANZ to South West sydney, any other fans in the country think that is a good game day experience?

Us Sydney siders are happy that ANZ is getting no funding.

Alliance takes us South Westies a little over 1 hour to get home compared to ANZ.

Cant compare Melbourne to Sydney when it comes to sport and transport.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Doesn't need a full roof, just roofs over all stands with a drip line beyond the first row. It's not fricking difficult architecture!

Tinkler

Juniors
you need a roof as Sydney fans are weak and soft... hate rain and cold

If you want 20,000 crowds you need a roof.

Also the stadium can be multi purpose indoor concert etc... without being rained out.

I agree.

Btw it took me over 2 hours to get home from ANZ to South West sydney, any other fans in the country think that is a good game day experience?

Us Sydney siders are happy that ANZ is getting no funding.

Alliance takes us South Westies a little over 1 hour to get home compared to ANZ.

Cant compare Melbourne to Sydney when it comes to sport and transport.

I dispute that assertion. I live in the Parramatta area. I can assure you it takes me longer to get home from Allianz Stadium than it does from ANZ Stadium, and I travel by public transport.

Also I don't know where you got the "ANZ is getting no funding" from. I suggest you read this, as it clearly is - https://sportandrecreation.nsw.gov.au/news/govt-announces-major-investment-stadia-network

The Implementation Report which is linked from that page outlines the changes to ANZ Stadium, and you can't do that without money.

Last edited:

moffla

Bench
you need a roof as Sydney fans are weak and soft... hate rain and cold

If you want 20,000 crowds you need a roof.

Also the stadium can be multi purpose indoor concert etc... without being rained out.

Not sure a roof covering the entire ground is necessary - maybe just over the entire grand stand. Unlike SFS currently where half the seats are exposed to the elements

Not sure a roof covering the entire ground is necessary - maybe just over the entire grand stand. Unlike SFS currently where half the seats are exposed to the elements

It is more like 70% than half. That was found out the hard way in 1988 when at the very6 first game at the venue, Roosters v Dragons, it rained cats and dogs and few people left the ground dry.

Just out of interest, all these American NFL stadia - are they used solely by the NFL team (so 8 games a year) OR do other local / college / rep teams play in these stadia too?

Timbo

Staff member
Just out of interest, all these American NFL stadia - are they used solely by the NFL team (so 8 games a year) OR do other local / college / rep teams play in these stadia too?

Some are used by colleges as a home ground, some used just for college 'bowl' games (big end of season matches), some are shared with Major League Soccer teams and one with a Major League Baseball team.

BlueandGold

Juniors
THE Parramatta Eels board will this week consider a $1.2-million-a-year sweetener from ANZ Stadium to play the club’s home games at Olympic Park.
It follows the announcement last week that current home Pirtek Stadium will be torn down and a $300 million sports arena built in its place.
The Eels will need a new home for at least two years while the 30,000-seat venue in Parramatta is built.

What do Souths and the Dogs get per game at ANZ?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y-at-anz-stadium/story-fni3ga7r-1227529191452

boonboon

Juniors
THE Parramatta Eels board will this week consider a $1.2-million-a-year sweetener from ANZ Stadium to play the club?s home games at Olympic Park.
It follows the announcement last week that current home Pirtek Stadium will be torn down and a $300 million sports arena built in its place.
The Eels will need a new home for at least two years while the 30,000-seat venue in Parramatta is built.

What do Souths and the Dogs get per game at ANZ?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y-at-anz-stadium/story-fni3ga7r-1227529191452

Where else could Parra play ? Why is ANZ bothering with no Pirteck where would Parra really go Campbelltown ? Penrith ? Play every game away ?

Latest posts