What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next TV rights deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Another reason why our FTA content being worth more than theirs is so impressive.

Absolutely! SOO popularity and more rounds must balance out afl add breaks you'd think in terms of value. Now it's just about subscriptions and does NRL drive subscriptions to fox as or harder than afl. If yes then we deserve equal or more. Same with Telstra, we shouldn't forget that Telstra also bundle the naming comp rights in the NRL deal and not the afl deal, that's worth $10mill a year.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Absolutely! SOO popularity and more rounds must balance out afl add breaks you'd think in terms of value. Now it's just about subscriptions and does NRL drive subscriptions to fox as or harder than afl. If yes then we deserve equal or more. Same with Telstra, we shouldn't forget that Telstra also bundle the naming comp rights in the NRL deal and not the afl deal, that's worth $10mill a year.

Without a doubt we drive more subscriptions, considering we kill it in fox sports ratings

El Diablo

Post Whore
Ooh you're such a bad arse, with your rotating pentagram and devilish name. Such a tough mofo. The bully of the site.

But just like all bullies, you so predictably have sh*t for brains.

But haters gonna hate. Troll.

:lol:

poor chuckles is upset

piss off and follow the Swans like you said you were going to do

elbusto

Coach
You seem to have got bully and wnkr mixed up! To be a bully you have to be able to intimidate. This drop kick is just a wnkr that offers nothing to threads and just spams them with criticism of people who do contribute. He's the worse kind of forum troll.
And you are a first class bore

RoosTah

Juniors

My understand from the research cited in both the AFR and Crikey! is that the NRL easily drives more Fox subscriptions than anything else. Their core userbase is more weighted in NSW and Qld for one thing, and the NRL has been a mainstay for Fox since its inception.

insert.pause

First Grade
Not with simulcasting like the AFL has.

simulcasting will reduce fta deal by $25m p.a. apparently, so our FTA deal would still be worth $10m a year more than AFL and the NRL won't grant simulcasting unless fox pay at least the $25m a year the NRL would lose by granting it.

TheRam

Coach
You seem to have got bully and wnkr mixed up! To be a bully you have to be able to intimidate. This drop kick is just a wnkr that offers nothing to threads and just spams them with criticism of people who do contribute. He's the worse kind of forum troll.

When your right your right PR, but I'll tell you what, lets split the difference, lets just say he's a wannabe bully-wanker.

I dare say he has definitely succeeded with the wanker part anyway.

TheRam

Coach
:lol:

poor chuckles is upset

piss off and follow the Swans like you said you were going to do

Why don't you just piss off Dickablo. Go conjure up a nerdy séance with your imaginary loser mates and stick a swan up your arse.

babyg

Juniors
My understand from the research cited in both the AFR and Crikey! is that the NRL easily drives more Fox subscriptions than anything else. Their core userbase is more weighted in NSW and Qld for one thing, and the NRL has been a mainstay for Fox since its inception.

So how the f**k can anyone justify the NRL getting less for subscription TV rights. That's what I've been struggling with. What have they got

gUt

Coach
So how the f**k can anyone justify the NRL getting less for subscription TV rights. That's what I've been struggling with. What have they got

028052-david-gallop.jpg

Haffa

Gallop didn't sign the last deal where fox still paid considerably less for NRL.

A part of me hopes this is a big FU to news ltd for screwing the game since 1996! I can live with less $'s if it's payback!

Yeah but he signed the one before that where we gave away the rights.

Getting rid of F & L rights reduced the value last time but should leave us in a good position this time.

RoosTah

Juniors
Yeah but he signed the one before that where we gave away the rights.

Getting rid of F & L rights reduced the value last time but should leave us in a good position this time.

Precisely. The NRL consciously accepted less money than the maximum they could have got because they valued having total control of the game more as part of their long term strategy.

How do you not know this PR?

Perth Red

Post Whore
This.

No doubt he has an account at West Coast Feebles online.

You do realise the only posts elbusto makes is whinging about other posters don't you? At least I whinge about something I care about and want to see better!

Status
Not open for further replies.