What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most underrated players in the NRL

Perce

Juniors
In terms of Storm and comments in this thread - I think everyone knows how good Blake Green is now.
Tohu and Proctor - I think they are rated about right by most people.
Can't agree about Finucane - love his desire, workhorse in defence, but gets monstered most hit-ups.
The two I'd put forward are Tim Glasby, who was great off the bench last year; and Kenny Bromwich who has a bit of creativity about him and is now a very important part of the Storm line-up - but never gets any wraps.

Elsewhere - Leeson Ah Mau never seems to get the credit he deserves.

betcats

Referee
RCG though not sure if he counts as he is just young as opposed to ignored.

More of an up and coming player and ignored by a lot due to playing for Penrith and not being seen. People who watched us last year were impressed and he was ranked 4th amongst rookies by the NRL but he will get his eventually.

Players like Leeson Ah Mau and the perennially underated Jack Reed and Sam Perret are what this thread is about. Latimore is fairly underrated as well.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Tim glassy got a previous mention. I'll second that. Was excited at the news of him heading north until he had a change of heart

Tommy Smith

Referee
Josh Hodgson.

He's probably the second best hooker in the game.

And yet he rarely gets a mention. Even by the so called experts on TV who always cite Blake Austin as the Raiders best buy last season, followed by Soliola and anyone not named Josh Hodgson.

Frankus

Juniors
I think Isaah Yeo, Blake Green and Gavin Cooper are overlooked by the media pets in their sides.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Josh Hodgson.

He's probably the second best hooker in the game.

And yet he rarely gets a mention. Even by the so called experts on TV who always cite Blake Austin as the Raiders best buy last season, followed by Soliola and anyone not named Josh Hodgson.

He is the best raiders signing in decades.

He has a few things going against him being rated. He is a pom and plays for a small market team but as you say he is underrated compared to his teammates when I reckon he's the raiders best player and its not even close.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
In terms of Storm and comments in this thread - I think everyone knows how good Blake Green is now.
Tohu and Proctor - I think they are rated about right by most people.
Can't agree about Finucane - love his desire, workhorse in defence, but gets monstered most hit-ups.
The two I'd put forward are Tim Glasby, who was great off the bench last year; and Kenny Bromwich who has a bit of creativity about him and is now a very important part of the Storm line-up - but never gets any wraps.

Elsewhere - Leeson Ah Mau never seems to get the credit he deserves.

And how would that be?
Agree about Kenny...didn't get much of a go last year - needed to mature as a person perhaps? But this year he's showing why the Storm picked him up in the first place. Going great and the ratings will only grow from now...love his energy, his terrier-like play & skills, his energy.

Actually think most of the Maori players are under-rated no matter what team

THE CHAMP

First Grade
And how would that be?
Agree about Kenny...didn't get much of a go last year - needed to mature as a person perhaps? But this year he's showing why the Storm picked him up in the first place. Going great and the ratings will only grow from now...love his energy, his terrier-like play & skills, his energy.

Actually think most of the Maori players are under-rated no matter what team

I love his energy as well also his energy.

Josh Hodgson cannot be underrated because he is leading the Dally Ms by 3 points after three rounds. He is on 8 points, then comes daylight, followed by Inglis and Moses on 5.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Josh Hodgson cannot be underrated because he is leading the Dally Ms by 3 points after three rounds. He is on 8 points, then comes daylight, followed by Inglis and Moses on 5.

I think you mean 'should not' be underrated. There'll still be a lot of people who don't watch much of the Raiders and don't know much about a Pom.

Latest posts