What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most underrated players in the NRL

Isaac Liu is the most underrated that guy from my team.

That includes Godusson too.

Strong hit ups, footwork before the line, an offload, passing ability, a quick play the ball and infallible defence. If we don't re-sign him this year I'll be crushed.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Goodwin, Ah mau, Blake Green, Leutele, Vaughan, Ethan Lowe, Aubusson, David Gower, Kenny Bromwich, Brenton Lawrence, Naiqama are all underated compared to their team mates.

Hasn't been underrated, just had to mature & is doing it nicely now...and being rated accordingly as a result. Got a lot of goog about him

Jimmy-o

Juniors
1. L.Coote
2. M.Gordon
3. B.Goodwin
4. T.Simona
5. S.Feki
6. B.Green
7. A.Sezer
8. A.Tolman
9. J.Hodgson
10. L.Ah Mau
11. T.Harris
12. E.Lowe
13. J.Bukuya
14. M.Aubusson
15. P.Vaughan
16. S.Bolton
17. M.Ma'u

captainwarrior

Juniors
If I'm honest, and I know he used to be the captain and is the captain of his country, but I think for the Warriors it would have to be Simon Mannering. He still doesn't get the wraps he deserves and hasn't for the last decade. Bodene Thompson would be a close second too.

Nightward

Juniors
It still puzzles me that it took so long for Corey Parker to get back into Queensland and Australian colours. It seems strange to say he's under-rated given he's back in the rep squads but his week-in, week-out performances lay the platform for flashier players like Milford or Oates to get the win for the team.

Can't really think of too many others. Reed is getting back to his earlier form, I think he made an error by not opting for Queensland and Australian duties since there would have been more support and opportunities to develop his skills.

For the Broncos the problem is more that we've got a few who are over-rated. Alex Glenn in particular for that one.

julian87

Juniors
This thread has actually made me bite and log in for the first time in a very, very long time. Most Underrated and I've read Michael Gordon, Chris Lawrence, Bryson Goodwin in the first few posts. And Norman should be in origin.

Come on guys, just have a breath and think before you post.

- Gordon couldn't get a run in Cronulla's backline. Parramatta is probably the only club in the competition where he'd even be considered as a fullback.
- Chris Lawrence has been ok in the second row. But once again wouldn't get a run in the forwards at more than half of the other clubs in the comp.

Just because a player isn't quite as shit as most people reckon doesn't make them the most under rated in the competition.

Exsilium

First Grade
There is a fine line between being underrated and overrated. Some players mentioned are not mentioned in the same light as some of their more notable opposition simply because they are OVER Rated by fans, the people who think they are some sort of enigma.

My vote goes to a player who in the last year, in a shit team, has started to gain some recognition for his efforts on the field and that player is Agnatius Paasi of the Titans. He has good footwork, solid hitter and seems to produce those one percenters. I think he will be their in-form player this year.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
This thread has actually made me bite and log in for the first time in a very, very long time. Most Underrated and I've read Michael Gordon, Chris Lawrence, Bryson Goodwin in the first few posts. And Norman should be in origin.

Come on guys, just have a breath and think before you post.

- Gordon couldn't get a run in Cronulla's backline. Parramatta is probably the only club in the competition where he'd even be considered as a fullback.
- Chris Lawrence has been ok in the second row. But once again wouldn't get a run in the forwards at more than half of the other clubs in the comp.

Just because a player isn't quite as shit as most people reckon doesn't make them the most under rated in the competition.

It does still make them underrated though.

Also, anything you read from Rhyno should be forgotten as quickly as possible so as not to allow it to fester in your brain and give you cancer.

Most underrated is Agnatius Paasi of course. Most multi-talented prop in the NRL.

Second most underrated is Benjamin Garcia at the Panthers. But he will get his recognition in time.

Latest posts