What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most underrated players in the NRL

natheel

Coach
I don't watch much Parra (if any) but Norman showed zero heart at Brisbane. He might have skill, but in the tough moments, he's nowhere to be found.

V cows he was good. Only thing k don't like is he tends to give cheap stupid penalties but his heart is definitely there now that he is one of our main men. Very happy he came to us. Especially after a slow start to his eels career in 2014. Last year he really took the main playmaker role on when Sandow was dumped

DiegoNT

First Grade
Cooper cronk.
Gets rated behind smith and slater in importance for the storm but i think he is easily their most important player.
Ditto Queensland. For all the talk about Thurston, smith, slater etc in the last few years when cronk hasn't been their they've been a completely different team

nick87

Coach
In the "that guy from my team" theme, I'd go with Josh Hodgson. I don't think people have caught on to just how good he is. He's 25 years old, in his 2nd year of NRL footy and with Smith, Farah and Luke on the down swings of their career, he and Jake Friend are the best young hookers in the game

Rabbits20

Immortal
Bryson Goodwin. Considering he only started playing centre 3 years ago after a career on the wing, he's been doing pretty well (besides an injury riddled 2014 where he ended up at the Bears) but he seems to be doing well. If he had more speed he'd be up there but is doing well and is ageing well like a fine wine.

Jason Clark is a solid forward who never gets a mention but plays with a lot of heart and seems to have bulked up this year and will be moving to prop.

Correct re Bryson. He has got a good step too and breaks lots of tackles. He looks stronger too.

He is passing the ball better too the winger as well. Years ago he used to hog it.

Bryson just continues to improve in all areas. He can get repeat sets for us too with grubbers.

Correct re Clarky too. He gets the job done every week.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Goodwins attack is quiet good, it's his defence that lets him down.

Can't agree on Clarke, the guy is a fringe first grader. Great clubman who Souths fans probably love but he's The jason nightingale of forwards.

His defence has improved.

Overall last season it was very good.

Clarky is not a fringe first grader. He is an interchange player. He is adding ball playing to his game too and finding halves with wrap around plays.

Every club needs a guy like Clarky. Makes his runs and tackles. He's solid.

Rabbits20

Immortal
this is nothing more than a "that bloke from my team" beat off session

I can't stand Moanly.

I'll happily talk about Taufau. I think he's ordinary.

Williame is ordinary:lol:

DCE has it great. Doing nothing for that money. He's not even hungry.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
If you are talking the general RL audience/ fans, Storm's Harris - if you're talking coach & team...he's never underrated. Also Proctor - never flashy but up there in defence like Harris.
Yeah, those guys from my team....

Bench
Goodwin, Ah mau, Blake Green, Leutele, Vaughan, Ethan Lowe, Aubusson, David Gower, Kenny Bromwich, Brenton Lawrence, Naiqama are all underated compared to their team mates.