What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

PJ

First Grade
You don't have to choose just one studio

Absolutely. And the tools that do seem to spend more time trying to tear down the opposition rather than just enjoy what there is in each.

Reminds me very much of god bothers trying to prove their invisible friend in the sky is better than anyone else's.

Frederick

Staff member
In completely unrelated news, Marvel and Netflix have announced that the Punisher will be getting his own series, and might show up in the defenders too

18to87

First Grade
Yeah I got all that.

But at the end he hinted that everything had gone as expected and he had more planned obviously spilling into another movie.

Wondering what that might be? Why he'd kill himself before he could oversee this

I just thought he was pleased that he had fractured the Avengers so that their next mission (Infinity Wars) will see them have to overcome themselves AND the enemy to stop the threat.

Noa

First Grade
I think I'll see it at least another 2 times before it leaves the cinema, defininately once in Imax as the airport scene was shot in imax.

And apparently ALL of Infinity war is being shot in the imax format.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Just saw it.
The Airport scene! Ant-man and spiderman would of stolen the show if black panther wasn't so good!

Parra Pride

Coach
If they can have the big action pieces of Infinity War be even half as good as the big air port showdown, we are in for something special.

Noa

First Grade
If they can have the big action pieces of Infinity War be even half as good as the big air port showdown, we are in for something special.

Yep, a shit-load of characters, battling Thanos, in Space, in Imax, with James Gunn assisting in the cosmic stuff

Take my house, take my car, take all my money, take Parra prides money etc, etc..

Game_Breaker

Coach
I saw one review where one got called the airport scene the greatest action sequence in cinematic history. Umm, not it wasn't, some people are just getting a little too excited

I don't remember one moment when I was blown away in terms of action, and that's ok because that's not what it was meant to be. It was a really fun scene to watch, that's was its aim

DiegoNT

First Grade
I saw one review where one got called the airport scene the greatest action sequence in cinematic history. Umm, not it wasn't, some people are just getting a little too excited

I don't remember one moment when I was blown away in terms of action, and that's ok because that's not what it was meant to be. It was a really fun scene to watch, that's was its aim

The airport scene is great, but you're are right, it's not the greatest action scene. It's not even the greatest action scenes of the past year, any of the scenes in mad max:fury road are better as action scenes. I think what makes the airport scene great is the way they used the characters, every character went in with a different motivation. You have guys with different levels of power from over the top power of vision to guys who are limited like Hawkeye. Plus you have guys who want to kill like black panther to vision who just wants peace, cap and stark have their agendas and guys like spiderman and ant-man who are just along for a ride. To make all that work for one all out brawl is amazing

Frederick

Staff member
I don't remember any reviews I read saying it was the greates action scene in movie history, but most called it the greatest in any comic book movie, which I would agree with based on the sheer complexity and fluidity of it.

Latest posts