What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
which is why we will be lucky to ever make the 8 again

we will never win another premiership as the NRL do not police the salary cap

Yep. I'm adamant we will never win the big one ever again. I'd be surprised if any club apart from the same 4/5 clubs will ever win it. :(

pedge

Juniors
It's the thought of the future that saddens me the most
This year now f**ken sucks, but if you told me we would be back next year with basically the same team bar PAULO and watmough, then I could reconcile it and would eventually move on
However the thought of writing this season off and going in to next season with a much weaker squad just leaves me absolutely empty inside

1234931504682.jpg

lol there you are.

Source?

If so, I'm over the NRL.

Not just because of that comment, but due to the way they have handled this whole scandal, and the way they are dealing with every situation that unfolds ever since this f**king commission was set up, and even before that.

Didn't the NRL's auditors run a fine tooth comb through us last year and give us the all clear?

How did the NRL find out about the Melbourne Storm situation, or the Bulldogs, or the Warriors.
They found out about those situations due to snitches. The same way they found out about ours.
Yet, less than 12 months ago, their former chief auditor was given the job by our club to go through our books and in compliance with the NRL, THEY GAVE US THE ALL CLEAR.
How does this happen?
Is this not proof (4 times now) that their own auditing system is a complete joke?
What I can't get my head around is this - clearly Watmough was enticed to Parramatta by a good salary and a decent TPA and a long (40) year contract.
Do the NRL not have the power to demand who is supplying his TPA? I would assume they do.
If so, wouldn't a simple ASIC check have found the link to the parent company that was linked to the club through our own dealings previously?
I just can't get my head around the fact that a company, linked to a company that has contracts at the club, wasn't found through what should be some seriously professional auditing and some basic checks.
Suity

Discovering that a TP provider is associated with an entity that has supplied services to the club is one thing. But that alone doesn't mean that a deal is not at arms length. If it just came down to the Watmough deal I don't think there'd be a huge storm. If a club and its associates really wanted to frig around in this area they would interpose a nominee company between the TP and the supplier company, and ASIC searches would be of f**k all use.

The more insidious allegations concern the channeling of funds from the club to players through false invoices or invoices at excessive prices. Unless you want to sample a huge proportion of transactions, there's a fair chance that you are going to miss that sort of stuff.

We can have a go at the NRL all we like, and some of that is no doubt justified, but surely the core problem is with how our club / team is run.

Hope Jumpsuit's spirits are restored in good time.

IFR33K

Coach
It's the thought of the future that saddens me the most
This year now f**ken sucks, but if you told me we would be back next year with basically the same team bar PAULO and watmough, then I could reconcile it and would eventually move on
However the thought of writing this season off and going in to next season with a much weaker squad just leaves me absolutely empty inside

Of course we will be weakened. If they are including all our tpa's in the cap this year, they will certainly be doing the same for next year and beyond. This isn't a set back for this year alone. This has set us back 3 years. :(

Delboy

First Grade
Just come to understand why the court injunction was sought

Th NRL set out the punishment with a timeline to answer, then they suspended the people who have to respond. No wonder they went to court to get time to go through the details and reply

Think the board needed to do it, so they could work on responding to the points raised. Not sure Greenberg understood that in his eagerness to go on 2gb

ek999

First Grade

Th NRL set out the punishment with a timeline to answer, then they suspended the people who have to respond. No wonder they went to court to get time to go through the details and reply

Think the board needed to do it, so they could work on responding to the points raised. Not sure Greenberg understood that in his eagerness to go on 2gb

Except of course they were suspended from all duties except those involved in defending themselves and the club.

The letter said the only activities they can undertake as company officials in the meantime is to prepare their response and to assist the club to prepare its response.

http://smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag...he-club-in-supreme-court-20160503-gol3lz.html

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Yeah pretty smart move by the NRL, hey eels please respond to this, but your Chairman / CEO / footy manager are suspended and can't participate. That's crazy stuff.

IFR33K

Coach

I think they needed to do it too. How could they respond if they've been removed from the club. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Welcome back to the forums finally Jake... hope you're enjoying this highlight day of your year? ;-)

Yeah the moderators ban was great. It made me reflect on all the abuse dished out even though I was telling the truth. So you can go f**k yourself you wanker. And shove Sharp's good governance up your arse;-)

Give my regards to Bart.

phantom eel

First Grade
Yeah the moderators ban was great. It made me reflect on all the abuse dished out even though I was telling the truth. So you can go f**k yourself you wanker. And shove Sharp's good governance up your arse;-)
Didn't realise you'd been banned, just thought you'd f**ked off to the other site.

What exactly were you telling the truth about Jake - I don't recall you mentioning anything about allegedly systematically hidden TPAs... Perhaps you were the leaker? :crazy:

Enjoy your day Jake, and may the next Chairman be as much of a favourite to you as Spags clearly always was...

emjaycee

Coach
Seriously, why don't u two start ur own thread and sling shittttt at each other all day.

Or better yet, put each other on ignore and give the rest of us a break.

If you don't know how to do that, Bart has a button in his signature I think.
;-)

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I can't believe I have taken this so well. I would of always thought I would go ballistic. I am sure the rage will come.

I have been saying plenty of "Serenity Nows" today.

Didn't realise you'd been banned, just thought you'd f**ked off to the other site.

What exactly were you telling the truth about Jake - I don't recall you mentioning anything about allegedly systematically hidden TPAs... Perhaps you were the leaker? :crazy:

Enjoy your day Jake, and may the next Chairman be as much of a favourite to you as Spags clearly always was...

Enjoy the day?? Ffs you and your merkin board mates have single handedly destroyed this club. You're still going on about Spags who hasn't been at the club since 2013. What the frig are you smoking champ? You are clearly deluded, you and your good governance buddies are pathetic.

lol yes I'm the leaker as well. You are as crazy as Pou.

#goodgovernance

woddy

Juniors
NRL Live Commentary
2 hrs ·
"I'm not going anywhere" "My hearts with the club and with my teammates" - Corey Norman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts