What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If I was BA I wouldn't let the board near the players. Merkins have done enough damage and the last thing I would want if I was BA would be a bunch of wankers making excuses to the players which possibly could distract them from their primary function of playing footy
x2, leave the board as far away from the players as possible. Thinks it's pretty poor that no one had bothered to even speak to the players but it's probably a good thing. They trust BA and his staff but probably no one else higher up anyway.

ash411

Bench
If it's a BA decision then that's fine...but based on the board's behaviour so far it's equally as likely they're just hiding.

honestly, I doubt they're hiding, they don't answer to the players, technically it's the other way around.

It may be BA wanting to keep the players separate from all this mess, to keep them focused, which is a great idea to me.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You know what, I don't know if I like the idea of the board talking to the players. I like the idea of any front office to team communication going through BA. Helps keep the players in a "bubble" so they aren't being bombarded by a thousand voice talking all at once. They have once voice to direct them, which would be BA.

I would assume that the players would probably prefer that too. They don't need to know about political agendas or any other crap a board member might bang on about.

Spot on. It was reported when Arthur first got here that he didn't want board members approaching the players. We have club employees hired to manage the club and the board's sole job should be to monitor those managers.

Bazal

Post Whore
I suppose asking the people who have killed the players' season and forced their mates out of the squad to have the guts to front them just once is too much too ask?

Like I said, if it's a BA decision then great, but the players don't know what's going on and I don't think that's right.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah if the eels are anything like where i work, there is a chain of command and no f**ker any higher than your immediate manager wants to bother talking to you ... of course it results in a shitty poor communicating wkrkplace, but hey thats how the higher ups want it

Have you ever been in charge of merkins and have them go over your head? f**king infuriating.

born an eel

Bench
Why would the titans pay full freight for Peats this year?

Assuming he is on $300k a season, maybe we said, pay full freight this year and we'll pay some of it next year. Otherwise, we would need to shed another player this year

If the Titans don't sign him, we would probably struggle to get under the cap
if he was on $300K this year, the numbers don't make sense. It is reported as a $450 18 month contract with $150K for this year.

That means that an up and coming young player on the rise signing for the same amount as he had been on the last 2 years, doesn't add up.

My guess would be that the titans pick up $150K this year and $300K next and we return the $150K payment next year, meaning Peats is playing for $450K next year. The Titans are essentially getting him for nothing this year.

This arrangement would also explain why it is an 18 month contract only.

Dibs

Bench
Have you ever been in charge of merkins and have them go over your head? f**king infuriating.

Yeah I have and they were wrong but my boss wilted under pressure and gave them what they wanted. Then he had the gall to blame me when things went to shit. Needless to say those particular employees were worse off for it as I gave the other employees first preference of shifts on the roster.

yy_cheng

Coach
if he was on $300K this year, the numbers don't make sense. It is reported as a $450 18 month contract with $150K for this year.

That means that an up and coming young player on the rise signing for the same amount as he had been on the last 2 years, doesn't add up.

My guess would be that the titans pick up $150K this year and $300K next and we return the $150K payment next year, meaning Peats is playing for $450K next year. The Titans are essentially getting him for nothing this year.

Yeah, that's similar to something I posted elsewhere.

Unless the Titans really really really really needed Peats, I can't see why they are paying full freight.

And $300k is cheap for Peats

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I suppose asking the people who have killed the players' season and forced their mates out of the squad to have the guts to front them just once is too much too ask?

Like I said, if it's a BA decision then great, but the players don't know what's going on and I don't think that's right.

Mate the players killed their own f**king season by refusing to sign without having their TPAs guaranteed by the club. They should be telling their managers to organise their own f**king TPAs. Your need for a scapegoat needs to spread its wings, because just as culpable as the board are some of the people you most admire.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah I have and they were wrong but my boss wilted under pressure and gave them what they wanted. Then he had the gall to blame me when things went to shit. Needless to say those particular employees were worse off for it as I gave the other employees first preference of shifts on the roster.

Yeah my example was when my toddler asked her mother if she could watch Peppa Pig while the footy was on. I ALREADY TOLD YOU NO MERKIN!

Bazal

Post Whore
Mate the players killed their own f**king season by refusing to sign without having their TPAs guaranteed by the club. They should be telling their managers to organise their own f**king TPAs. Your need for a scapegoat needs to spread its wings, because just as culpable as the board are some of the people you most admire.

Yeah fancy the board who cheated being blamed and held accountable for cheating. f**king lunacy :lol:

If you want to argue the point maybe you should get your missus to log on and defend you like she used to before you get out of your depth again...

eel01s

Bench

Geez I hope this is not happening. If it is that is almost two minimum salaries out of the top 25. I can't see how we could be obligated to pay given he was not under contract for 2017.

yy_cheng

Coach

Why is Foran sueing Manly for TPA?

Isnt that the same as what we did?

born an eel

Bench
Geez I hope this is not happening. If it is that is almost two minimum salaries out of the top 25. I can't see how we could be obligated to pay given he was not under contract for 2017.
numbers might not be accurate depends on how much you think Peats would get on an open market but we needed to move him on so that is how we are obligated to pay him even though not under contract.

Chipmunk

Coach

Because we were desperate to get him off our books in an exceptionally very quick time. Desperate times more often than not call for desperate measures.

Last edited:

ash411

Bench
Why is Foran sueing Manly for TPA?

Isnt that the same as what we did?

We don't know anything about that TPA. As far as we know it could be a registered TPA the club secured as part of their marquee allowance, counted into their salary cap.

Otherwise, the club wouldn't be on the hook for the TPA money.

yy_cheng

Coach
We don't know anything about that TPA. As far as we know it could be a registered TPA the club secured as part of their marquee allowance, counted into their salary cap.

Otherwise, the club wouldn't be on the hook for the TPA money.

good point

Status
Not open for further replies.