What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

thebigredv

First Grade
Cronyism is alive and well in Dragonsland and has continued to thrive. The ones in control continue to ply their trade of ineptness and incompetence with apparent little concern for the future of the club or its supporters.

In what appears to be a move of desperation to maintain their place on the gravy train and to kick the tin of discontent just a little further down the road.. We will see the Director of Coaching circus roll into town.

McGregor is your classic protected species and despite his lack of ability, has friends in high places and is supposedly liked by the players... Which of course is far more important than outcomes.

When the Board does sign off on the circus... Cleary should at least neuter the 'super coach' and do away with the Beagle boys who sit with him. Surely we don't need assistants to the assistant coach.

Its said to be a "done deal" with Cleary. But time will tell...

Hopefully Cleary doesn't fall into this 'setup' as it stands...

Cronyism + ( incompetence + timidness) = ineffectiveness
One of the better posts i've ever read here. I concur. You've a way with words.

Old Timer

Coach
Zero Tackle has voted McGregor the worst coach of 2016.
How dare they do that so early.
Mary has explained it in the "simplest" of terms, it's all coming together, we are building nicely and that we are going to put it all on display in the last game of the year against the highly menacing Knights so as to show everyone what lies ahead in 2017.
We have been working towards this all year and surely he will be awarded coach of the year on the back of such a well calculated and executed plan.
Those guys at Zero Tackle have got absolutely no idea and are aptly named.
Bloody party poopers how dare they Rein on Mary's parade.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I am glad some are confident Saints will beat the Knights.
Can the people at Zero tackle sit in the next Dragons board meeting when they discuss the seasons review.

foyzey

Juniors
The club needs a complete overhaul. It is an embarrassment and a disgrace in its current state.
The dragons need to accept Bruce Gordons offer of buying the club. He is a successful businessman and thus will clean the rot that has formed and damaged the club. ( Doust and McGregor). He will pay off the debt and make sure games are played between kogarah and wollongong. Anz isnt a home game.
Bruce is an opportunity to get our club back to where it should be. Successful.
The dragons just re signed jake marketo. What a joke. The lad tries but he doesnt have the skill or size.
Something needs to be done and now.
Find the money for ivan cleary. He also is a necessity to help our rebuild.
Our red V is bleeding dry.

St Georgio

Juniors
Just imagine if 1 of us was a Billionaire Hot Cars, Fast women, Great Coach, Great St George Team again!

Zucchini

Juniors
Just imagine if 1 of us was a Billionaire Hot Cars, Fast women, Great Coach, Great St George Team again!

I was so sure I was going to win the $40 million on Tuesday night.... I was telling everyone I was going to win and buy the Dragons and fix everything. Only won enough to enter tonight's $10 million Powerball. Would buy me a McGrexit, I reckon. You gotta be in it to win it.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
I remember when supporting the Dragons meant replaying games during the week, reliving awesome moments, awesome tries, heartbreaking losses and match winning performances, delighting in talent, arguing with friends about how mighty we are and believing it win, lose or draw. Now my routine consists of checking this site hourly to see if McGregor has been sacked and doing anything to avoid looking at the ladder and reading useless dragon propaganda. The game sold out a while ago and now our club has become a treacherous mess.
Agree whole-heartedly, BRed V, especially your reference to "useless Dragon propaganda". I am cranky that I have wasted so much time over the past 5 years reading that propaganda. Anyway almost time to cheer up - it will soon be the pre-season and that is when we turn into world-beaters. We train hard, work on our attacking plays, fix up the injuries, sign up some marquee players, don't play a poor game for months and dream about endless glory. Bring it on!

I hear people say we cannot afford to pay McGregor out... Which in itself is stunning, but is unlikely to be the truth.

Our leaders continue to ignore a very simple yet powerful principle that reveals how to make the best economic decisions.. Opportunity cost.

Every decision you make has a value.. The opportunity cost of choice is what you gave up to get your choice. Opportunity cost is the value of opportunity lost.

So once again .. Can we afford not to pay McGregor out.

Opportunity lost: strategy; structure; player potential; juniors; premiership potential; player drain; ability to attract players; consistency; membership; crowds; merchandising; fan satisfaction; sanity... I would hate to think what the dollar value of all that waste is.

Are you sure we can't afford to 'punt' this over funded, under performing resource.

Don't tell me we can't afford it, we can't afford not to- the biggest cost is always opportunity cost.

Latest posts