What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

St Georgio

Juniors
I hear people say we cannot afford to pay McGregor out... Which in itself is stunning, but is unlikely to be the truth.

Our leaders continue to ignore a very simple yet powerful principle that reveals how to make the best economic decisions.. Opportunity cost.

Every decision you make has a value.. The opportunity cost of choice is what you gave up to get your choice. Opportunity cost is the value of opportunity lost.

So once again .. Can we afford not to pay McGregor out.

Opportunity lost: strategy; structure; player potential; juniors; premiership potential; player drain; ability to attract players; consistency; membership; crowds; merchandising; fan satisfaction; sanity... I would hate to think what the dollar value of all that waste is.

Are you sure we can't afford to 'punt' this over funded, under performing resource.

Don't tell me we can't afford it, we can't afford not to- the biggest cost is always opportunity cost.
I don't know if it ignorance or arrogance probably a combination of both, we need a CEO for the fans, the political battle is absolutely ridiculous, Doust must go'
How lucky are the roosters to have a CEO with balls and money!

Last edited:

Dragons 09

Juniors
I hear people say we cannot afford to pay McGregor out... Which in itself is stunning, but is unlikely to be the truth.

Our leaders continue to ignore a very simple yet powerful principle that reveals how to make the best economic decisions.. Opportunity cost.

Every decision you make has a value.. The opportunity cost of choice is what you gave up to get your choice. Opportunity cost is the value of opportunity lost.

So once again .. Can we afford not to pay McGregor out.

Opportunity lost: strategy; structure; player potential; juniors; premiership potential; player drain; ability to attract players; consistency; membership; crowds; merchandising; fan satisfaction; sanity... I would hate to think what the dollar value of all that waste is.

Are you sure we can't afford to 'punt' this over funded, under performing resource.

Don't tell me we can't afford it, we can't afford not to- the biggest cost is always opportunity cost.

Stop it already, you are just making sense of a comical situation;)..............but you are bang on, opportunity cost = business acumen 101.
I don't believe for a second that we cannot afford to pay him out. No one seems to know how much he is on, but even if we are talking overs at at say $300K, if we can't afford to pay that, we are f**kced already, shut the gates the game is over.

I wish it was only about the money, because if that was the case he would be gone by now. Unfortunately it's about egos, cronyism and a dysfunctional board with 4 guys pulling to the north and 4 guys pulling to the south. It's not a unified board without boundaries who are working as one for a common cause, they function as 2 boards with separate agendas, and only when the stars align is there any bipartisanship. Personal agendas are being put before "Opportunity Cost", and while ever that continues, the result will always be "Opportunity Lost".

Pjsaint

Juniors
Dreadfully unfair - just ask Mary - he'll tell you there are a few teams below us on the ladder and no ones talking about them......

ALSO - people quickly forget we made the 8 in 2015.
That's right I watched in disbelief the roosters game you can't blame Mary for missing easy tackles and walking the ball to the line the players are to blame if players can't get them selves up to play they should pull out I would rather watch 17 players having a go getting beat then what I sat though last week

since77

Juniors
That's right I watched in disbelief the roosters game you can't blame Mary for missing easy tackles and walking the ball to the line the players are to blame if players can't get them selves up to play they should pull out I would rather watch 17 players having a go getting beat then what I sat though last week

Dude, 'twas sarcasm...

I really feel like going into the leagues club and turning Provan's portrait around so he doesn't look down on this crap

I was so worried about seeing 'Sticks' shedding a tear.. I dropped into the 'Taj' today, to see if he was alright. He said he was fine.. But 'Fearless' is a mess, God rest his soul..

" 'Fearless' Frank Facer was instrumental in finding and bringing to the club many future stars and played a pivotal role in building a club structure that supported a sustained record of success."

Could you imagine that..a club Administrator that could build structure that supported a sustained record of success.

cid:5D4A317F-A492-45E9-8BB7-9D79066FB644@mobilenotes.apple.com

And this is your future.. Mid afternoon today at the Taj, the Premiers room completely empty..

I am telling you.. Having a successful Dragons Team is irrelevant to the club .. You could make it a knitting club and it wouldn't change the patronage ..

cid:FD391C7C-8C56-44E6-8578-685EA8BB666D@mobilenotes.apple.com

A sad soulless relic from yesteryear...

What a sad place for the great 'Sticks' to watch over... Our history deserves better than the current management masquerading as Dragons men.

"We are not makers of history .. We are made by history" - M.L.K

St Georgio

Juniors
We need Bruce Gordan to take over, only then change will happen, I guess Doust and others in the front office are a lttle concered the effect it will have and I assure for them it will be walking on egg shells worrying about there futures, this is why it is taking so long to happen!

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Forget Gordon he has no feelings for the Dragons whatsoever.We will survive and remember we won a premiership in 2010.Poor old Sharkies have not had one since inception.

1st & 10

Juniors
I was so worried about seeing 'Sticks' shedding a tear.. I dropped into the 'Taj' today, to see if he was alright. He said he was fine.. But 'Fearless' is a mess, God rest his soul..

" 'Fearless' Frank Facer was instrumental in finding and bringing to the club many future stars and played a pivotal role in building a club structure that supported a sustained record of success."

Could you imagine that..a club Administrator that could build structure that supported a sustained record of success.

And this is your future.. Mid afternoon today at the Taj, the Premiers room completely empty..

I am telling you.. Having a successful Dragons Team is irrelevant to the club .. You could make it a knitting club and it wouldn't change the patronage ..

What a sad place for the great 'Sticks' to watch over... Our history deserves better than the current management masquerading as Dragons men.

Given our rich history, you would think the premiers lounge would be bursting with memorabilia . Unfortunately there is minimal, in fact I personally own more rare saints items than on display .

Last time I saw, all three grade premiership pics had been removed from the lounge

1st & 10

Juniors
As for coach - how's this for left field ?

Roy Masters

Admired him so much as a kid , he used to send Steve Robinson down to training to help the halves in my childhood club . Learnt so much from Robbo

Given our rich history, you would think the premiers lounge would be bursting with memorabilia . Unfortunately there is minimal, in fact I personally own more rare saints items than on display .

Last time I saw, all three grade premiership pics had been removed from the lounge

1st&10 you are 100% right... I think there was about 4 or 5 jerseys and a few framed photos now.. (Very pleased to hear you have some good items and they are in safe hands.)

The actual Leagues clubs very foundation and DNA was built around the golden era.. It should be a shrine,
We have have enough silverware to build a wall.

And now, barely a nod to the past... Shameful, and a part of the reason why the Red V is losing its lustre.

“If you don’t think you’re a winner, you don’t belong here.”- Vince Lombardi

Bench
Saints have a very proud history, more so then any other team but the present management and coach are not doing enough to honour the club and what it stands for,
Players, in the past wanted to play for the Saints, not now and probably not for a few years to come.

The big red V stands for pride, where has that gone

Old Timer

Coach

All of the above is so true and so sad and shows how much our brand has faltered over time.
Does anyone remember the cigarette dispensing machines at the top of the stairs above Sticks portrait.
They had a backboard on them 1 machine had photos of all the premiership winning sides (including lower grades) and the other machine had photos of all the Australian rep players from St George.
A packet of B & H 20's a schooner or two and the Sunday night movie or a show after a game at KJO that was living..
Not allowed to smoke or drink anymore and the club I have followed for so long fading quickly thank god the memory still works and I am still able to recall the great times we had all those years ago because it seems like the club itself and its board has alzheimer's.

Latest posts