What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan Told To Shop Himself Around - Not happy with the Dragons.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
This is rubbish. Yes tedesco is available.
But the main aim for the club atm is either keep Dugan or promote Dufty.
Why would the club extend Duftys contract only to look elsewhere for a fullback?
Tedesco will stay at the tigers, thats almost gaurenteed.
No other fullback thats available is worth replacing dugan with.
Id love for us to somehow keep dugan for 3 more years on the same money he is on now.
Dugan, Hunt, and McInnes in the spine works fine for me.
Field, Mann, or Widdop will excel in a spine like that.
Milne, Aitken, Macdonald, will also excel from a spine like that.
Dugan has developed a nice passing game. Not quiet in the darius boyd/tedesco mould but he can pass...
And the way he chimes in, he will have defences in 2 minds all the time.
If he runs they better be ready, and if there ready for him to run but he passes... then... well... "the dragons are in" as ray warren would put it.
Dugan, if he keeps this form up, should be our next priority signing.
Agree, Dragons also have high hopes for Steve Masters u/20's fullback, looking at him as the long term fullback....

Crush

Coach
Inglis was a premiership winning 5/8 at the storm
LOL your argument=fail
Oh yeah I forgot inglis played for storm. I can't remember the 80s all that well. What position does inglis play now? Fullback? I wonder why they didn't persist with the premiership winning 5/8 at 5/8?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Expect Dragons to offer Dugan a 4 year deal.....it will come out over the week end if not early next week...not sure of the amount but $3M is probably the number - WILL NOT BE 3 YEARS WILL BE A 4 YEAR OFFER.

Thats good news and about what we sould pay.
Do you agree

Ace-STi

Juniors
Expect Dragons to offer Dugan a 4 year deal.....it will come out over the week end if not early next week...not sure of the amount but $3M is probably the number - WILL NOT BE 3 YEARS WILL BE A 4 YEAR OFFER.
Didn't he knock back 750 a year or was that for a shorter time and no TPAs?

The Doc

Juniors
4 years at $3mill i would be happy with for dugan.
I cant see him taking that as thats the same as what he is on now.
If he does accept... it would be pretty much the end of Milnes tenure at the dragons, as duges will be played at centre.

possm

Coach
Dugan wanted this sorted prior to the start of the season and it's now round two. Plenty of time for Dugan and the Dragons to gauge his worth on the open market. So far it seems that only French rugby is an alternative option.

I agree that Dugan's future is at right centre and 750k a season is maximum coin for a centre. So the Club is acting sensibly. If Dugan does not like the offer then it is Milne for right centre and either Aitken or Lafai at left centre. It seems Mann is off to the Titans. Aitken is signed for 3 years and Lafia's contract is up at the end of 2017 season. We do have some capable young centres coming through reserve grade and because of this, I can't see the Dragons wanting to extend Lafai's contract.

There is no doubt that the Dragons have heaps of depth in the outside backs this year and by the looks of it Lafai and Milne will be shed to make room for a top grade fullback - maybe Tedesco.

Glenn01

Juniors
Rex Mossop would be proud of that rubbish.
Lets deal with the last paragraph first.
You initially rate Hayne 3rd behind Tedesco and RTS, then in the next breath, the 2 you rated above him Tedesco and RTS have a way to go to be considered better than Hayne.
Outstanding work.
The last sentence of the first paragraph shows maybe you have some idea of comprehension because it appears that you have at last recognised your statement as being ridiculous.
Your were far better off sticking to bagging Widdop, as it easier for you to try and throw and catch 1 ball (although you fumbled & dropped that last week) but as soon as you had 2 let alone 3 balls in the air you have dropped the lot.
Back to clown school for you.

Good one trippy old dude. Have you been smoking more than usual or is it just getting better?

Hayne at best has very little upside and is probably past his best already. Not so for Tedesco and RTS. As is right now compared to Hayne, two time Dally M winner, SSO MOM I presume several times, carried Parra for several years, Tedesco and RTS haven't proven themselves even close to as good. The way Hayne carried Parra was astounding. It must have been so difficult when every opposition player knew the only player they had to worry about was Hayne.

Maybe Tedesco and RTS will never reach Hayne level but they both have long NRL careers in front of them so if the Dragons could get any of the three, I would take Tedesco and RTS before Hayne.

It's not rocket science trippy old dude. Try laying off the illicit substances for a few waking hours and maybe even you will see how simple it is.

Old Timer

Coach
Good one trippy old dude. Have you been smoking more than usual or is it just getting better?

Hayne at best has very little upside and is probably past his best already. Not so for Tedesco and RTS. As is right now compared to Hayne, two time Dally M winner, SSO MOM I presume several times, carried Parra for several years, Tedesco and RTS haven't proven themselves even close to as good. The way Hayne carried Parra was astounding. It must have been so difficult when every opposition player knew the only player they had to worry about was Hayne.

Maybe Tedesco and RTS will never reach Hayne level but they both have long NRL careers in front of them so if the Dragons could get any of the three, I would take Tedesco and RTS before Hayne.

It's not rocket science trippy old dude. Try laying off the illicit substances for a few waking hours and maybe even you will see how simple it is.
Listen dick head your post was badly written and totally contradictory.
All your efforts of deflecting and constant ridiculous inferences will do you no good as you will be held accountable for your stupidity.
So polish your red shoes, adjust the red ball on the end of your nose, fix up your mascara where you've been crying, put your wig on and get back to clown school and start practising your juggling because you are abysmal at the moment.

mickeylane

Bench
Thats good news and about what we sould pay.
Do you agree
Not sure about the $$ but if he's paid as a centre he would be the highest paid centre in the NRL from memory Jennings on $650k at Parra was the highest paid centre . I think DUGAN will be looking For a higher year 3,4 w the increased cap - he may get it.. IMO even though I love Dufty I would rather see DUGAN stay at fullback - lose WIDDOP and go for Jack Bird

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Listen dick head your post was badly written and totally contradictory.
All your efforts of deflecting and constant ridiculous inferences will do you no good as you will be held accountable for your stupidity.
So polish your red shoes, adjust the red ball on the end of your nose, fix up your mascara where you've been crying, put your wig on and get back to clown school and start practising your juggling because you are abysmal at the moment.

This made me laugh :)

Glenn01

Juniors
Mate, Melb were stripped of that premiership in 2007, think that's what Benny is referring to.
Technically speaking they are both right. The club had the premierships and other awards taken off it but the individual players were able to keep their awards. I don't agree with it personally. As if having a team of stars all around doesn't help individuals play much better than they otherwise would.

Anyway, Inglis did win the medal playing 5/8 but Melbourne didn't win the premiership that year.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Ray said Inglis was a premiership winning 5/8. Melbourne did not win the premiership in 2007. Ergo, Inglis is not a premiership winning 5/8.

afd.jpg_large