What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan Told To Shop Himself Around - Not happy with the Dragons.

TheFrog

Coach
If brooks and Moses want 1mill as suggested and they actually get it , then I think we got hunt at a fair price
Any commodity at all is worth only what someone is prepared to pay. So Hunt is worth $1.2m (or whatever it was), Moses probably $800k and Brooks probably $700k. None of which means Hunt is the best player of the three, just that someone has already paid (or agreed to pay) that much to sign him. Personally I think Moses is currently the best of the three but that may not be so next year or the year after that or even this year.

Gareth67

First Grade
In my opinion there are a few balls in the air at the moment:
Dugan and Mann to the Titans, Hayne to the Dragons this year.
Dugan to the Broncos, Mann to the Titans and Hayne to the Dragons.
Dugan to the Broncos, Kahu to the Dragons, Mann to the Titans.
Dugan to the Broncos, Tedesco to the Dragons.

Possum , buy yourself a crystal ball and let all of us know what the final outcome will be , as all of this uncertainty is playing havoc with my old ticker . :)

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
:)

Possum , buy yourself a crystal ball and let all of us know what the final outcome will be , as all of this uncertainty is playing havoc with my old ticker . :)

Gareth don't let it get to you mate.
I dout and hope that hayne is not coming.
I would not be surprised if we lose mann but.
I can not blame him for leaving.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth don't let it get to you mate.
I dout and hope that hayne is coming.
I would not be surprised if we lose mann but.
I can not blame him for leaving.

Yes , it certainly would be a shame to see him leave the Dragons , but as you say mate , who, could blame him . The bloke has not truly been given a chance . The few top grade games that he did play showed that he did have ability , but other players were preferred over him ?
I just hope that Milne will not also be thinking along the same lines , as that would really ' puss ' me . As far as Hayne is concerned , as I mentioned previously , yes he would be
a huge asset to any team , more so the Dragons , but only if he fully understood , that the Big Red V Jersey , is one that has a hell of a lot of history and pride associated with it .

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
The only possible scenarios are as follows even though I do think Dragons will a late play for Bird..

DUGAN stays moves to centre in 2018
WIDDOP stays - remains at 5/8 on 3 year deal
FIELD to fullback (as per Millwards comments)
MANN - gone
LAFAI - gone

DUGAN leaves
WIDDOP leaves
FIELD to FB
Dragons in the market for 5/8

By what Millward is saying Field will start off as a linking fullback for the first few years before to 5/8

dragonssamy61

First Grade
The only possible scenarios are as follows even though I do think Dragons will a late play for Bird..

MANN - gone
LAFAI - gone

DUGAN leaves
WIDDOP leaves
FIELD to FB

By what Millward is saying Field will start off as a linking fullback for the first few years before to 5/8

Mickeylane
I see your scenario and they make sense but where dose that leave Milne.
I would like to keep him to.

possm

Coach

MANN - gone
LAFAI - gone

DUGAN leaves
WIDDOP leaves
FIELD to FB

What's happened with Dufty? Has he received an external offer and asked for a release?

mickeylane

Bench
DUGAN interviewed on Ch 9 just now - he refuses to be considered a centre - he said quote "I'm a fullback and I only want to be considered a fullback."

Dragons offered $2M over 3 years .. $100k a year less on current contract..

I guess we will see who calls whos bluff - club or player.. Doesn't look good atm.. Options,?
Bird ?

FlameThrower

Bench
DUGAN interviewed on Ch 9 just now - he refuses to be considered a centre - he said quote "I'm a fullback and I only want to be considered a fullback."

I guess we will see who calls whos bluff - club or player.. Doesn't look good atm.. Options,?
Bird ?
And reckons can play Rugby as well....either it's some gamesmanship on his part or he is digging his heels in...

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Bird ?

By the tone of the rhetoric on Ch9 and on the Dragons website, I doubt Dugan will be a Dragon next year. 2018 will see some big changes IMO least of all the coach (fingers crossed). I think the Bird rumour started around the same time as the Dugan re-signing hiccup and I don't think it holds much credence actually.
2018 will look something like:
F/B - Field
Wing - McD and Garrick (possibly)
Centres - Milne (hopefully) and Herbert (a real gun, don't underestimate his talent and he's ready fro 1st grade)
5/8 - Mann (hopefully)
7 - Hunt

There's a lot of inexperience there, but raw talent good speed and natural ball playing. The trick this year is to slowly introduce these guys into top grade, whilst till preparing them in reggies. Maybe half a dozen games would get them acquainted with top level footy.

FlameThrower

Bench
By the tone of the rhetoric on Ch9 and on the Dragons website, I doubt Dugan will be a Dragon next year. 2018 will see some big changes IMO least of all the coach (fingers crossed). I think the Bird rumour started around the same time as the Dugan re-signing hiccup and I don't think it holds much credence actually.
F/B - Field
Centres - Milne (hopefully) and Herbert (a real gun, don't underestimate his talent and he's ready fro 1st grade)
5/8 - Mann (hopefully)
7 - Hunt

There's a lot of inexperience there, but raw talent good speed and natural ball playing. The trick this year is to slowly introduce these guys into top grade, whilst till preparing them in reggies. Maybe half a dozen games would get them acquainted with top level footy.

Need a coach to gel all of this together....a decent coach that is.

F/B - Field
5/8 - Mann (hopefully)
7 - Hunt

Must agree Josh looks like one very unhappy camper in that interview.

Mere fact he is talking Rugby means to me there is very little interest to no interest from rival clubs for Duges as a full back.

Disappointed he was asked by Dragons TV how his contract talks were progressing.

Doesn't help team moral.

Have to applaud recruitment for pricing his worth correctly.

Its a tough call but one of several that need to be made.

emu62

Juniors
Dugan says he is a fullback, Club says he is a centre. End result will not be a happy one IMO

really doesn't matter either way

Duges try assist stats last year shows he lacks the creativity and the footy smarts to know when to pass and when to run.

Setting up supports has never been Duges strong point.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I can't see him staying on less dollars. I feel he'll follow the money trail wherever it leads. Rugby, the Dogs or Roosters.....who knows!!

John moz

Juniors
Josh just sign this is the only club and all your mates and fans from the the red v welcomed you with open arms .Keep the faith we are due for a Premiership mate .We will have the team and coach for 2018.

LINESPEED

Juniors

Bird ?
Bird's longevity with his arthritic knees may be what the Dragons baulked at when not signing him? Can't lose Duges as he's the soul of the current team. Split the difference between fullback & centre & offer him $850k a season. It's about right.