What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Look, do we actually want to win a premiership in the near future? Get Hayne back here and go for it. It would be like when Ken Thornett came out of retirement to play for us again. It would be good for Parramatta and the game on so many different levels.
Yeah I was so happy when Thornett came out of retirement so we could win a premiership

oldmancraigy

Coach
What does it matter? What problem are you trying to fix?

So......some teams announce their lineups on Tuesday. And those affected by the mid-week game announce them on Thursday. No team is advantaged or disadvantaged by this. It's a 20 man squad. I don't get what the problem is either way. I wouldn't care if they all announced squads on Wednesday, I just don't see the problem with the current situation.

When did I say there was a big problem?

There is a reason that the NRL have the teamlist Tuesday thing, where all squads are selected and one needs a special dispensation to operate outside of that squad. Part of that reasoning is the communication of who will actually be playing on the weekend (to the public and other agencies)

For this particular round, for the sake of consistency, it might be a better idea to name all squads Weds? No? I just don't quite see why you're making such a big deal out of 'it makes no difference anyway'. Sure, it doesn't, and I couldn't care less either way! Just seems a tad odd to split the naming process.... that's my sole point - there was absolutely nothing from stopping them making the deadline Weds 4pm for this week only.

IFR33K

Coach
I wouldnt try and even worry about what Semi may or may not do in 2 weeks time - forget 2 years time

Yeah nah no doubt he signed with French rugby just in case he's punted from the nrl. Would be interesting to see if he has any get out clauses if he does in fact beat his charge.

Chipmunk

Coach
I've decided. If Hayne is willing to take a pay cut and we can nab him for $850K. We take him.

Haynes currently on 1.2m ... i could see him taking maybe a 100-200k cut ... no way can i imagine he would go for 850k

I see things working out for The Plane this way.

The Plane signs with the Titans in 2016 and get $400k for a guest appearance in 2016 and the remaining $800k of $1.2 million for 2017. He takes up the option for $1.2 million for 2018 with the Titans, knowing that they'd rather he didn't and he really would prefer to be in Sydney, as would the mother of the child, who is from Western Sydney.

The Titans sound him out about moving on after he takes up the option and are prepared to pay some freight. He is supposedly on their salary cap books for $800k, plus another $400k of that is paid by a Marquee Sponsor. The Titans offer to cover half of his standard salary cap freight $400k of the $800k.

The Plane doesn't seem like the type who is keen for a long term deal, so he signs a deal with another Sydney club (i.e Parra) for 2018 only. The Sydney club needs to come up with $600k for 2018 and find a $200k TPA sponsor, meaning The Plane gets his $1.2 million through $400k from the Titans, $600k from the Sydney club and $200k from a nice TPA sponsor.

Dibs

Bench
Hayne for 800-850 bring him home. No more than that but if we can get him back without blowing our cap and unbalancing the side then it's a no brainer.

IMO loosing Semi next season we are going to be short a big body at the back. Hayne brings that + a truckload of other skills.

French to the wing or 14 for a few more years won't hurt his development. Or one a little from left field Hayne to 6 and Moses to 9.
That's not left field it's stupid field. Moses can't handle the defence required by a 5/8th he certainly can't handle the defence required by a hooker. What is it with people wanting to throw attacking players into a position where defence is more important?

When did I say there was a big problem?

There is a reason that the NRL have the teamlist Tuesday thing, where all squads are selected and one needs a special dispensation to operate outside of that squad. Part of that reasoning is the communication of who will actually be playing on the weekend (to the public and other agencies)

For this particular round, for the sake of consistency, it might be a better idea to name all squads Weds? No? I just don't quite see why you're making such a big deal out of 'it makes no difference anyway'. Sure, it doesn't, and I couldn't care less either way! Just seems a tad odd to split the naming process.... that's my sole point - there was absolutely nothing from stopping them making the deadline Weds 4pm for this week only.

My OP was in response to people suggesting that this was a stitch-up aimed at benefiting the Chooks.

eels_fan

First Grade
So has the French and the Japs turned off him?

Or he is scared of both ISIS and Kim on il?

I'd say it's more a case of his young partner not wanting to move to the other side of the world with their baby when her entire family is here...

TheRam

Coach
Like I said Hayne and Kasiano would be the best two buys that we could make that are readily available. We would be mad to pass on them if the price is right.

On Hayne, if we can't get a decent $3-400k tpa for arguably the most marketable player in the NRL, then the Burn and Co are not the admin quality that I thought they were.

Just on the hype, bums on seats and merchandise sales that he would bring he will pay for himself. It is a no brainer from that perspective. The only real question is whether BA wants him back. If he doesn't, imo he is making ANOTHER mistake.

Jarryd, is a freak of a talent and as such he marches to a different beat, just like so, so many other uber talented individuals. The better coaches understand this and should/do adjust to make it work for both the individual and the team. You can't as a coach have your cake and eat it too.

Whether we like it or not, geniuses do not change their way of doing things very easily or ever, We mortals need to get over our resentments and give them what it takes to help them fly.

I think most of the playing group get that and can live with it, but it is the old school hard nosed people/coaches that seem to think that one size fits all, who find it very difficult and fail to get the best outcome for both player and team.

Like Laurie Daley said the other day, there were a couple of players back in his day at Canberra that didn't put in so much at training and he initially had some resentment towards them, but then what they could do on the field, well if they could do that, then he just needed to get on with it and he did.

Jarryd is a once in a life time quality player that has come out of Parra. We should not be so prideful to the point of biting our nose to spite our face.

Come home Jarryd, it's time to win a premiership and with you in the team, we just about have the players to do it.

Latest posts