What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

AtholSmith

Juniors
At least the shark fans try and get into it, they add some atmosphere. League crowds are so f**king boring lol, was at a Broncos game with mates a few years ago, I got told to sit down and to stop making so much noise, I procedded to tell them to watch the game at home, so stale and dull.
Agree - there's no passion any more

DC_fan

Coach
At least the shark fans try and get into it, they add some atmosphere. League crowds are so f**king boring lol, was at a Broncos game with mates a few years ago, I got told to sit down and to stop making so much noise, I procedded to tell them to watch the game at home, so stale and dull.

I have been to a few NFL games over the years where you don't sit down or stop cheering for three hours.

still crying about the bulldogs not letting all their players play in the city v country game?
Still crying about them "resting" players and still getting belted in an empty stadium?

I like how club bias twats think they have any credibility when it's clear they have nothing but club bias butt hurt.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
I didn't go tonight, been pouring all day and it's too cold & miserable to travel an hr there and back to watch the Wests Tigers play.
Terrible game anyway lol, the Redcliffe Dolphins would of rolled the tigers tonight, not worth spending over a hundred dollars on a night out at the league, the nrl doesn't care about crowds, so why should we spend hard earned money on the nrl.

Jizmos

Juniors
Terrible game anyway lol, the Redcliffe Dolphins would of rolled the tigers tonight, not worth spending over a hundred dollars on a night out at the league, the nrl doesn't care about crowds, so why should we spend hard earned money on the nrl.

I read the bolded almost every page in this thread.

Do those of you saying that actually believe it or is it just the most convenient all encompassing excuse to make as to why crowds aren't as big as you believe they should be?

Irish-bulldog

Juniors

Do those of you saying that actually believe it or is it just the most convenient all encompassing excuse to make as to why crowds aren't as big as you believe they should be?
Me personally, I don't see any changes by the nrl to address the issue in question, I never see it mentioned, it doesn't seem to bother anyone in the nrl lol, we can only comment on what's happening I guess, I'm not personally privy to any inside information so I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like anyone cares about crowds being garbage lol.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
U can only judge them by their actions

And there is no action

The NRL is basically currently capable of putting on about 9 events a year

Origin x3
Gf
Nines
Finals
Anzac day
Good Friday
Easter Monday

They need to work out how to put the effort they put into these into about 100 events a year..

Currently they are flat strapped to pull off what they do now..

Need huge investment in people in hq to fix it

A commitment based on the clubs demands for money will never happen ..

Usain Bolt

Bench
Probably wasn't ideal to schedule the Warriors the same time as the Chiefs were playing in Fiji. People in Waikato would have just stayed home and flicked between both. Origin 1 probably had an effect on the broncos game, people saving their money to spend that night at the pubs and ground

Vee

First Grade

I believe it. You can only judge them by their actions. They've made a choice to sacrifice crowds on the altar of TV money.