What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

A surprise packet rules out just about everyone for me as we seem to be rating everyone lately. So it's between T-Rex and Taka in the second row. As no one has gone Taka he's my pick. Could create a bit there.

strider

Post Whore
A surprise packet rules out just about everyone for me as we seem to be rating everyone lately. So it's between T-Rex and Taka in the second row. As no one has gone Taka he's my pick. Could create a bit there.
Agree ... our team has been solid across the park and has little changes ... probably no surprise packet .... more just a dude who will go up a level

lingard

Coach
So fellas... who will be you pick for surprise performer season 2018??

Absolute surprise for me I’m going to go with TRex. Think he’ll be a in our 17 most weeks.

What’s you pick, only one, and not the best player you surprise performer!

Hayne.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not sure how Hayne can be a suprise packet? Id be more suprised if his form stayed poor.
I can see a guy like KE or Tepai realy going up a gear.But aaagain unsure either could warrant suprise packet status.

For this reason I am going with Niakuore.

Stevie

Bench
There is a clip on YouTube that goes about 19mins of Eels 2017 best tries.
I gotta say, Semi is in the middle of everything. He really was a very rare player who we’ll miss.

I genuinely cannot see where so much excitement comes from this year unless we put Hayne on the wing Guth at left centre with Jenko and Av on the right with the Bev at 1.

Just my opinion, but f**k we are going to miss how much trouble Semi pulled us out of.

Incorrect

Coach
From what I've witnessed at both training sessions I've been to, Alvaro is the out and out most impressive member of the squad. He looks good, his performances are staggering... Whether that translates to "in game" improvements and results remains to be seen but certainly he seems to have left nothing to chance and his prep cannot be faulted. The guys over at TCT seem to have noticed the same in their daily evaluation of pre season training...

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
There is a clip on YouTube that goes about 19mins of Eels 2017 best tries.
I gotta say, Semi is in the middle of everything. He really was a very rare player who we’ll miss.

I genuinely cannot see where so much excitement comes from this year unless we put Hayne on the wing Guth at left centre with Jenko and Av on the right with the Bev at 1.

Just my opinion, but f**k we are going to miss how much trouble Semi pulled us out of.

But he also cost us a lot of possession and made a lot of poor defensive reads. As fans it probably won't be as exciting to watch but from a coach's perspective or possibly from a win percentage I don't think we'll be much worse without him.

Latest posts