What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 9: Live Game Day Thread - Eels v Sharks, Saturday 05 May

TheRam

Coach
Heart's not the issue. Brains are, based on tonight. Sharks will drag you down and encourage panic footy and we fell for it hook, line and sinker.

What a load of crap. They had a shit pack tonight. The only real standout is/was Fifita and we still couldn't handle them and dictate terms. We let them dictate terms, while we got beat at virtually every facet of the game. It had nothing to do with them and all to do with us.

Only goes to prove, we can barely muster a decent display for just one game. The only reason we won 2 on the trot was due to Manly's total capitulation due to their issues, which allowed our boys to still be fresh enough for the Tigers. But to have to work hard and smart 2 weeks in a row is beyond this lot.

Especially missing the only size we had in Williams and also our best forward in Brown. Crap forwards, then the rest will follow.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
WTF happened??? I go to my mates smoking comp and leave this thread and the result in all yours hands and you f**ked it up!!!

Who were the scapegoat and who will i have to heap shit on???

strider

Post Whore
WTF happened??? I go to my mates smoking comp and leave this thread and the result in all yours hands and you f**ked it up!!!

-3. BA
-2. Will Smith
-1. Matagi

Special mentions Peni, Taka

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well at least the bloody smoked meat was awesome.

The boys got top 10 in a few of the categories, the winners stuff must of been ridiculous.

OI not only did the ref f**k us but so did the cashless bars and (((Greenberg))). Same in the matts grand final! Ha penalties my arse beau Scott never conceded a penalty in his life!!!!!!! By tha way where is da match day thread ya's all merkins except haynetrain and colonel

Will Smith coming on for Kaysa at the 30min mark (who was not injured by the way) has no bearing on when Edwards came on (who usually comes on at the 20min mark)

Pick your nose? You were losing it when you gave it to IALB for no reason before you left but you have now returned to this forum fully geniused.
Who could get upset with little old me? :D

You know the game day thread was started like three weeks ago? That should give you a clue about whom to blame.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Is it just me or is momentum so much harder to win back this year?

It seems to me our problems are that we give momentum away far to easily with dumb errors, poor kicks or a coupla missed tackles, and that the way the game is now being policed around the ruck and the ten, that winning it back through defence is a shit ton harder than it was last year.

So we , as are other teams, are pretty much relying for it to turn on an unforced error or the some other dumb / lazy play. There are exceptions of course, but it just seems so much more that when a team is "on" for a period of the game this year, they dominate for far longer. It just doesn't swing back and forth as easily or as frequently.

Noise

Coach

It seems to me our problems are that we give momentum away far to easily with dumb errors, poor kicks or a coupla missed tackles, and that the way the game is now being policed around the ruck and the ten, that winning it back through defence is a shit ton harder than it was last year.

So we , as are other teams, are pretty much relying for it to turn on an unforced error or the some other dumb / lazy play. There are exceptions of course, but it just seems so much more that when a team is "on" for a period of the game this year, they dominate for far longer. It just doesn't swing back and forth as easily or as frequently.

Last week against the Tigers momentum was swinging back and forth all game.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Agreed.

Teams like ours that relied on aggressive up and in defence and slowing ruck speed down are struggling to shift momentum when we are behind.

That said, if you start well and are disciplined those very changes to the way the ruck is policed can and should be your friend.

Bazal

Post Whore
What a load of crap. They had a shit pack tonight. The only real standout is/was Fifita and we still couldn't handle them and dictate terms. We let them dictate terms, while we got beat at virtually every facet of the game. It had nothing to do with them and all to do with us.

Only goes to prove, we can barely muster a decent display for just one game. The only reason we won 2 on the trot was due to Manly's total capitulation due to their issues, which allowed our boys to still be fresh enough for the Tigers. But to have to work hard and smart 2 weeks in a row is beyond this lot.

Especially missing the only size we had in Williams and also our best forward in Brown. Crap forwards, then the rest will follow.

Righto champ

dazeely

First Grade
Kicking game also killed us. Very poor choices. That used to be a strength of norman and moses but not any more.

strider

Post Whore
Agreed.

Teams like ours that relied on aggressive up and in defence and slowing ruck speed down are struggling to shift momentum when we are behind.

That said, if you start well and are disciplined those very changes to the way the ruck is policed can and should be your friend.
FFS .... you make your own momentum .... its not like gravity .... or is it?