What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 9: Live Game Day Thread - Eels v Sharks, Saturday 05 May

Noise

Coach
I seriously don't think NRL coaches, with assistants and trainers sitting ON THE BENCH, forget a player is there. I reckon Kaysa was iffy, so that f**ked our interchange plan.

Unless, as I postulated, I'm simply going mental. But something clearly affected the interchange

It happened in the World Cup at the end of last year. Think it was the Kiwis

Gazzamatta

Coach
I said it before but I honestly reckon BA forgot about Kenny Edwards on the bench. He usually comes on after about 20min and we go to our proper attacking shape. We were down and needed points...No reason for Edwards to be sitting on the bench till the 50min mark
Kenny was pretty average last week. Maybe something to do with it.
Time to unleash Marata but if we do lets play him on the edge and try and give him some space
Having him hit it up the middle ad nauseum wont help anyone.

Bazal

Post Whore
It happened in the World Cup at the end of last year. Think it was the Kiwis

Lol. Fking Kidwell.

Ok, sorry, I'll rephrase.

I don't think any coach who isn't David Kidwell would forget he had a player on the bench. Kidwell is a special case.

Noise

Coach
Lol. Fking Kidwell.

Ok, sorry, I'll rephrase.

I don't think any coach who isn't David Kidwell would forget he had a player on the bench. Kidwell is a special case.

Kidwell is now on our coaching staff...

Noise

Coach
So?

Totally different job. He was, apparently, an excellent assistant. Head coach is an entirely different thing.

You seem to be trying to manufacture criticisms.

I'm offering a possible reason why Edwards was left out of the game for 50min when we f**king needed him. Why do you think he sat on the bench for 30min longer than usual?

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm offering a possible reason why Edwards was left out of the game for 50min when we f**king needed him. Why do you think he sat on the bench for 30min longer than usual?

I've already told you. I'm sure you'll find it if you read a page or so back.

T-Boon

Coach
Smith needs to pick Michael Witt, he is killing them in reserves. I am sick of this.

Noise

Coach
I've already told you. I'm sure you'll find it if you read a page or so back.

No you didn't. All you said was something affected the interchange . I suggested BA simply forgot. You said head coaches don't forget about things like that. I offered a recent case that showed they do.

What do you think it was that affected the interchange leaving Edwards on the pine?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
His good form lasts 1 week, 2 weeks max. He was odds on to have a shocker this week. Everyone knew it bar the Parramatta selection committee. Do they even read our suggestions here ffs?

I am sure BA has good reasons for picking him, but he is really the one player I cannot see why he would be picked over several other options.

Dibs

Bench
What? Seriously? How??

Fifita made 160m, 6 tackle breaks, 40 tackles himself offloaded at will....

(Pretty sure this bloke has me on ignore, but FFS, SEF??? They are drunk)
We all have you on ignore because of your relentless bullying is how I would reply to this post if I could see it

Gazzamatta

Coach
I am sure BA has good reasons for picking him, but he is really the one player I cannot see why he would be picked over several other options.
His game 2 weeks ago was really good. Had to be picked last week based on that. Last week he was average. The rest as they say is history.
Definitely need some wise recruitment in the off season. Sadly though if we dont evolve our style (such as Souths have done) then new players wont improve our current game plan.

amitropo

Juniors
Knew it would be a tough night when Terepo gave a penalty after 40 seconds. No discipline from the kick off.
Would like to see Au’va back in the team.
Moera been off this year.
Lost his strength after cutting his hair, Sampson like.