What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 10 vs Bulldogs: Live Game-Day Thread!!

Our three or four best defenders (was Terepo on?) weren't out there. It was always going to be a worry when Alvaro went off and Matagi and Vave were on the field.

Speaking of Matagi, surely he's done his dash in first grade. 3 runs for the match....unacceptable, really.
We can definitely agree on Matagi he is poo of the highest order

84 Baby

Referee
There was also that Frawley knock on, Vave(?) recovers, Frawley tackles him to the ground and then reefs the ball out. Sure Frawley was frustrated and we all felt sorry for him looking so silly but that’s a penalty not a scrum

2 reasons.

1. The rule changes at the play the ball have killed us.

2. Semi gone, he is irreplaceable.

One player can’t make that difference. The errors and penalties given etc. semi would not have been able to make stop that crap.

For me it was them believing the hype in the off season, Poor recruitment.

I can’t see where the next win will come from.

Djay

Juniors
I think we have to accept that he is not the type of guy to make excuses publicly, even when there are genuine reasons to do so.

I do wish he'd blow up after a game like that, but I can respect the way he handles it in the public eye. It's a fine line between blowing up rightfully and Sticky Stuart's textas.
I agree it’s clearly not in his nature, I am not sure if it’s because i’ve been in the freezing cold and I had to endure that shit and I am still raging but I am just sick of hearing “we need to put our words into actions and start doing it” nor am I happy about not mentioning the complete f**kery the refs served us tonight.

Like I said i never blame refs but they f**ked us tonight, I am filthy at the shambles this entire product has turned into and watching our lot trot out every week and consistently disappoint combines for a very bitter footy fan in myself at the moment.

I’m at a loss as to what we do from here, but that 25k fine didn’t seem to bad for old Deano tonight, they definitely got the rub of the green.

Noise

Coach
It changes the whole complexion of the game, being four in front rather than two. It puts the opposition under pressure. When you’re only up by two you’re the ones under pressure defending your line.

That decision is on the coach. The message came from the sidelines to take the tap. It was f**king moronic. Particularly when we have lost several games from penalty goals and he has been quoted as saying we need to take the 2.

Dibs

Bench
Things aren't improving. Again I'll ask, how much further backwards are you happy for us to go?
Well I’d like to see where we end up at the end of the season rather than 10 rounds. I also think we have improved in the last month or at the least not gone any further backwards. Personally I’d be letting him start his last season he is contracted for and then make a decision st some stage during that season

Djay

Juniors
One player can’t make that difference. The errors and penalties given etc. semi would not have been able to make stop that crap.

For me it was them believing the hype in the off season, Poor recruitment.

I can’t see where the next win will come from.
I’ve never seen a winger influence a game like he did.

His not the sole reason but he got us rolling from our red zone every damn time and he turned little half breaks into tries or complete line breaks.

People underestimate how special he was.

Again fair from the only reason we are losing often but his loss has definitely hurt us.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I could coach a super league team to a grand final. In fact I coached an under 18s team to a premiership last year and the grand final 2 years before that would be on a par with super league. I think you would have been calling for his head halfway through the season he coached the eels to one.

Even if you take out the Super League Daniel Anderson still wins

144 games coached in NRL for Anderson for two GF appearances
114 games coached in NRL for BA for 0 GF appearances

Game Set Match Anderson

Noise

Coach
Well I’d like to see where we end up at the end of the season rather than 10 rounds. I also think we have improved in the last month or at the least not gone any further backwards. Personally I’d be letting him start his last season he is contracted for and then make a decision st some stage during that season

Fair enough. I'm not prepared to waste this season and then next season too.

lucablight

First Grade
It changes the whole complexion of the game, being four in front rather than two. It puts the opposition under pressure. When you’re only up by two you’re the ones under pressure defending your line.

If the team scores a converted try you’re still behind. I’d say the it’s better to take the chance to try and go ahead by 8 than guaranteed 4.

Dibs

Bench
Even if you take out the Super League Daniel Anderson still wins

144 games coached in NRL for Anderson for two GF appearances
114 games coached in NRL for BA for 0 GF appearances

Game Set Match Anderson
144 games for 0 premierships
114 games for 0 premierships
I’d say BA is just in front

Avenger

Immortal
I could coach a super league team to a grand final. In fact I coached an under 18s team to a premiership last year and the grand final 2 years before that would be on a par with super league. I think you would have been calling for his head halfway through the season he coached the eels to one.
Can you give BA a reference as he will be taking over those sides soon.

Avenger

Immortal
144 games for 0 premierships
114 games for 0 premierships
I’d say BA is just in front

Honours
Dally M Coach of the Year 2002

NRL Grand Finalist 2002, 2009

Challenge Cup Winner 2006, 2007, 2008

Super League Grand Final Winner 2006

BBC Coach of the Year 2006

World Club Challenge Winner 2007