What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 10 vs Bulldogs: Live Game-Day Thread!!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
just like moses missing the kick last week everyone focuses on the last play & say that's why we lost
how many missed tackles, dropped balls, bad kicks and piss poor effort was there before that?

EVERYONE screwed that one up

Both were missed opportunities but in the end we should've been in a better position

Moses' kick was unlucky but those 5 minutes we should've played for the whole 80.

Gutho's play was a mistake but 9/10 he would've kicked it dead. Its unfortunate but he usually does better.

In the end it shouldn't have been 12 all given how much possession we had over the Bulldogs and the silly errors should've been prevented.

T.S Quint

Coach
just like moses missing the kick last week everyone focuses on the last play & say that's why we lost
how many missed tackles, dropped balls, bad kicks and piss poor effort was there before that?

EVERYONE screwed that one up

I haven't blamed Moses missing the kick for last weeks loss. We were f**king terrible for most of that game. We were lucky to even be in a position to take that kick.

As for this week, I'm not putting all the blame for the loss on Gutho's shoulders. I thought he was excellent up until that moment. However the point remains that we did have a lead until that moment, and his monumental f**k-up meant that we no longer did. We were shockingly bad in that second half. Our attack was shut down too easily, and we gave up metres too meekly. The refs also killed us, which doesn't help.
But yeah, Gutho handed them a try which gave them the lead, which we never overcame. I was just saying that it was a shitty way to lose.

strider

Post Whore
Definitely 3 .... but if not maybe 2 .... or maybe 1 .... what about 4? .... or a half - can you have half a possession? If so then definitely a half

JokerEel

Coach
How the hell did we lose this game...

Also how slow has Jennings gotten made 2 breaks run down in meters...

What I noticed was our forwards went back into their run slow on a hit up stage. They didn't run with any momentum at all they play like school kids to be honest standing their waiting for their turn to take a run.

ParraSteve

Juniors
Discipline and handling is killing us at the moment. We lost to the sharks, panthers and now the dogs on back of penalty goals.

forward pass

Coach
Discipline and handling is killing us at the moment. We lost to the sharks, panthers and now the dogs on back of penalty goals.

Actually Panthers twice and Sharks twice !

We have actually only been outscored for tries 3 times this season. (Same number of times as Storm and Warriors !)

JokerEel

Coach
Why did Matagi only run the ball 3 times all game? Vava back in first grade was another waste...

How many times did Newcastle lose by 4 points or less over their 3 year run as wooden spooners?

But yeah, Gutho handed them a try which gave them the lead, which we never overcame. I was just saying that it was a shitty way to lose.

Players need to be told to just fall on the ball to ground it instead of knocking it over the dead ball line when the opposition is close by