What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

franklin2323

Immortal
Gus can’t help himself. I don’t care what the truth is at this point - we shouldn’t be airing our internal shit like this in public. It doesn’t do anyone any favours. The next round will be Anthony Griffin on 360 replying again.

The sooner this shit show is behind us the better.

I am talking about the footy show for anyone who doesn’t know.

Yep. It is a disgrace really

mxlegend99

Referee
I have no issue with people being mad over the Cleary situation. Im not sure we are as bad as the media are painting us in the situation. But whatever our involvement it's wrong if we are trying to get him for 2019 while he's contracted.

The f**kwits siding with Griffin though piss me off. That merkin was destroying this club. Gus tried to make it work. Backing him at the expense of our best player. But Hook refused to work with his boss or fellow colleagues and was happy to push player after player out the door before their contracts ended.

Hook should have been gone 18 months ago. Thats the clubs mistake. Most of us on here could see his issues from the outside looking in. Shit half the stuff revealed about him essentially felt like they were reading posts on here.

Gus really did double down on him hoping he could make it work too.

Edit
Fixed typos

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
But we're scum. How would that suit you?

As a Tigers fan it wouldnt mean that much to me, the damage is probably done to us depending on Ivans actions over the next 7 days. Whats done is done I'd say, time to pay the piper and clean up the mess.

But if Ivan leaves to go and be Gus' lacky I'd love to watch him paddling after Hook/Ciraldo/Gus take the glory for a 2018 premiership. No pressure Ivan, no pressure Nathan.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I am more than happy that Ivan is staying put. I didn't fancy all the W/T needing extreme counselling, and requiring all sharp implements being removed.

Seriously though I didn't want to give the slimey W/T any money or players. :mad:

I have no idea whether Ivan will come across in 2021 or not.

Wouldn't mind seeing the odd couple of Bennett and Gould for a couple of years. Cameron can learn off both of them, and Ivan will either join or not join in 2021.

Nathan will have to make us his mind whether he wants to be at a club with finals almost every year, great resources et al or be at Leichhardt oval with their 1950's infastructure and the pot of gold dream of an academy in 2060. :p

Blues Riff

Bench
Happy for the Tigers to keep Ivan but their fans are a bit worried about him bringing players to us in 2021, as if we need them. My main worry would be how do we fit Darius into the squad.

Happy for the Tigers to keep Ivan but their fans are a bit worried about him bringing players to us in 2021, as if we need them. My main worry would be how do we fit Darius into the squad.

That’s the weird thing, unless Cleary commits to longer at the Tigers it still kind of leaves them in this holding pattern.

Blues Riff

Bench
Ivan should bugger off to Super League if they don't trust him. Could put a clause in his release, that he can't coach in the NRL for the term of his current contract.

Tiger5150

Bench
It has been an intense few days for Tigers & panthers fans. Sometimes in all of that intensity you can lose focus.

For me I need to remember that if Nathan sticks around for the next two years, nothing has changed from a fortnight ago. Tigers and Panthers fans are sweating over what that means, Ciraldo is a sitting duck caretaker for two years? What will other Panthers players do in those two years? How will Tigers deal with recruitment etc in those two years.

Sometimes we cant focus and see the forest for the trees. If Ivan commits tomorrow to seeing his contract out, things revert to the Tigers to how they were two weeks ago.

Two weeks ago Tigers were most concerned about Roosters swooping and signing Ivan and Nathan. When is Cronk off contract? Who benefits from both Ivans and Nathans contracts lining up? Who sacked Ivan 3 years ago? Nick Politis is probably pissing himself laughing.

Last edited:

Latest posts