What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
Zip Zip Man Steve Ella is on ABC TV News soon, talking about sport / alcohol.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think he is an ambassador for FARE’s “end alcohol advertising in sport” campaign, which is being launched in Melbourne today.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think he is an ambassador for FARE’s “end alcohol advertising in sport” campaign, which is being launched in Melbourne today.

good move,

now if they will only stop advertising for gambling at half time in the footy and on the Opera House for that matter

Happy MEel

First Grade
good move,

now if they will only stop advertising for gambling at half time in the footy and on the Opera House for that matter
Agreed. The campaign has a focus on a loop hole that exists whereby any alcohol advertising is banned from being broadcast during children’s viewing times (before 8.30pm), except during live sport coverage, where it becomes a free-for-all.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

NEW signing Blake Ferguson can take Parramatta from a wooden spoon finish to a finals berth in season 2019.

According to Eels halfback Mitchell Moses the premiership winning winger has the kind of game that can help unlock his side’s attack.

He says a metre eater like Ferguson can reignite the spark that disappeared from his side’s arsenal when rampaging winger Semi Radradra left the club at the end of last year.

The former Sydney Roosters flyer finished the season with the most metres of any player in the game with 5039 metres or an average of 186 metres per game.

MORE NEWS

DON’T PANIC: Panthers in the dark over Cleary

“That’s how the game is at the moment. You need those big outside backs to help out the forwards,” he said.

“It has a trickle-down effect. The big outside backs get the metres and that means the forwards have a bigger impact because they are more fresh coming out of our own end. Then us halves can do what we need to do to help create points.

“That’s why Fergo is going to be big for us. We had George Jennings doing a really good job for us coming out of yardage but he was doing it by himself trying to come out of the back field.

“He was consistently running for around 150 metres and he was our best back.

“But to put so much pressure on him in his first full year in first grade … having Fergo coming into our team is going to be massive. He’s fresh from winning a competition and he’ll bring a bit of variety to our team.”

Speaking at Zambrero’s Plate 4 Plate day initiative Moses conceded his form wasn’t up to scratch this year.

“We didn’t play too well as a team but I know personally I didn’t play well either and I take full ownership of that,” he said.

In a bid to help turn around his form the playmaker even gave up an off-season trip to the U.S. with former teammate Luke Brooks and Tigers’ halve Josh Reynolds.

“I just want to put my head down and work hard. I didn’t have the best season this year so I wanted to get back to training and get back into it,” Moses said.

“I’m doing my own this at the moment and trying to get a head start on pre-season.”

While Moses sacrificed the chance to watch the biggest fight in UFC history between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor in Las Vegas, he did make time to attend September’s decider between the Roosters and Melbourne Storm.

He says being at a packed ANZ Stadium made him even hungrier to succeed next season in the Blue and Gold.

“I went to the grand final and did some things with the NRL there and it was pretty hard to watch.

“For us and the season we had to be at the bottom of the table and get the wooden spoon compared to the season we had before when were playing finals footy, it was hard to watch.

“I kind of take that as a lesson and use it as a bit of fuel for next year.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/5d57ac145d4837f00f068354d4854252