What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

emjaycee

Coach
I like that Moses seems to be acknowledging his crappy season and is making the effort to rectify it for next year.

It could be all talk, but him skipping the holiday to work on his game is a great sign.
Whilst Moses had a crap season, do you honestly see it as something that can be fixed by training solo?
I don't think his fitness, speed, strength were ever the issue in 2018. He simply didn't have the right attitude.

I would hazard a guess that he cancelled his holiday to be nearby in order to meet with prospective suitors for next year.

T.S Quint

Coach
Whilst Moses had a crap season, do you honestly see it as something that can be fixed by training solo?
I don't think his fitness, speed, strength were ever the issue in 2018. He simply didn't have the right attitude.

I would hazard a guess that he cancelled his holiday to be nearby in order to meet with prospective suitors for next year.

That’s entirely possible. In fact, it’s even probable.
Training alone isn’t going to help most of his issues that he had this year (unless he spends all his time doing kicking practice), but what I am saying is that if he is staying back to train then it seems he has the right attitude, which is definitely a step in the right direction.

By attitude I take it you mean that he's an arrogant dickhead, rather than that he wasn't trying? And that attitude pisses off his teammates? It's the impression I got from watching anyway. Training more won't do a thing to fix that. I'm not sure what he has is fixable.

T.S Quint

Coach
A lot of the top sportspeople of all time have been arrogant dickheads.
Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali, Michael Schumacher, John McEnroe, Cameron Smith, etc...all arrogant bastards, but it didn’t matter because they were great. Moses doesn’t have the talent so far to have such arrogance, and maybe that puts people off.

Question is, are those people arrogant because they are great, or are they great because they are arrogant?

Happy MEel

First Grade
I don’t doubt Moses is a wanker, but if he was a fu*kwit, why would blokes like Mannah, Hayne, Jenko and Brown want to holiday with him? Or is it others players he rubs the wrong way?
That’s a very good point. 4 “leaders” in the team chose to holiday with Moses after the season...not the kind of thing you would do if you thought he was an arrogant little prick who rubbed people up the wrong way.

A lot of the top sportspeople of all time have been arrogant dickheads.
Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali, Michael Schumacher, John McEnroe, Cameron Smith, etc...all arrogant bastards, but it didn’t matter because they were great. Moses doesn’t have the talent so far to have such arrogance, and maybe that puts people off.

Question is, are those people arrogant because they are great, or are they great because they are arrogant?
Yeah, although I don't reckon McEnroe is a great, just very good.

That’s a very good point. 4 “leaders” in the team chose to holiday with Moses after the season...not the kind of thing you would do if you thought he was an arrogant little prick who rubbed people up the wrong way.
Well they did go to Lebanon. Would be a bit rude to not invite him. But perhaps he is copping too much flak for this year. One player can't be the entire problem. If only it was that easy.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Well they did go to Lebanon. Would be a bit rude to not invite him. But perhaps he is copping too much flak for this year. One player can't be the entire problem. If only it was that easy.
Perhaps, but I wouldn’t be inviting a merkin I can’t stand to go travelling with, regardless of where I’m going and what their cultural background is. Moses was dog shit this year but he certainly wasn’t on his Pat Malone (both on and off the field), it just gets highlighted when you’re in the halves.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yeah, although I don't reckon McEnroe is a great, just very good.

Maybe, but he was at the top of his sport for a considerable time, alongside only a couple of others. He’s pretty worthy of a mention.
Put Serena Williams in the list as well.

Strangely, Roger Federer seemed like an arrogant f**k when he first started on the circuit, but became more humble as he got more dominant.

Perhaps, but I wouldn’t be inviting a merkin I can’t stand to go travelling with, regardless of where I’m going and what their cultural background is. Moses was dog shit this year but he certainly wasn’t on his Pat Malone (both on and off the field), it just gets highlighted when you’re in the halves.
It might not be Jackson Hastings bad, but it doesn't have to be to create significant disruption in performance. And even Hastings had supporters in the team. I reckon Moses probably isn't a f**kwit most of the time, but during games he carries on like a pork chop.

Maybe, but he was at the top of his sport for a considerable time, alongside only a couple of others. He’s pretty worthy of a mention.
Put Serena Williams in the list as well.

Strangely, Roger Federer seemed like an arrogant f**k when he first started on the circuit, but became more humble as he got more dominant.
Yeah I'm just quibbling. And Serena is disgusting. I'll leave it at that.
Federer though, he definitely behaves a lot better than in his youth, so I credit him for that. He's still arrogant but he's learnt to control himself for the most part. I dislike people who don't have it in them to control themselves.